General & Others Jinbei’s Return: Does it make Big Mom look bad?

Not necessarily. Jinbe is a fishman and maybe even the strongest one, so I think he could’ve gotten away if he wanted to albeit with a bit of difficulty given Oven & Lilin’s abilities. However Jinbe escaping by himself is not what makes the fact that he’s seemingly escaped unscathed bad but rather because Jinbe’s reason for staying back in the first place was suppose to be because he couldn’t leave his crew behind. So Jinbe escaping by himself makes him waiting behind completely meaningless & it’d mean that it was nothing more than false tension from Oda. So if this sequence of events hurts anything, it isn’t Lilin’s portrayal per say but Oda’s writing.

Also one could argue that Jinbe’s crew considering they are fishmen should have been capable of getting away from the Big Mom pirates but it then again begs the question why Jinbe stayed behind if they could’ve escaped that easily ^^’.

All that said, I personal think Jinbe had to have spun Lilin’s wheel to have escaped WCI. In which case, he defo lost something significant.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
All that said, I personal think Jinbe had to have spun Lilin’s wheel to have escaped WCI. In which case, he defo lost something significant.
You think after what Jinbei did to Big Mom, and the humiliation that was done on her by the Strawhats as a whole, that she'd even give Jinbei a shot at her wheel? And then just... let him go alive?

TBH I think that would make her far more of a joke than Jinbei simply getting the better of her at sea.
Also one could argue that Jinbe’s crew considering they are fishmen should have been capable of getting away from the Big Mom pirates but in then against begs the question why Jinbe stated behind if they could’ve escaped that easily ^^’.
Because they were delaying the fleet from getting the Sunny, which couldn't escape. Jinbei then stayed behind because with him in charge he would be able to stop any of the Sun Pirates dying, whereas without his strength it was meant to be a suicide mission.

No it does not. Storywise Big Mom is still a big threat because the story narrative showed her as such.

But in a community where the Emperors are built to be unstoppable and unbeatable gods, in a community where people think that top tiers should just swat off YC level character if not there are not top tier, in a community where combat feats are more important than story: Yeah this make her look realllly really really bad.
It is like Oda saying that Healthy bloodlust Big Mom could not do shit to Jinbe at all. In fact, by the One Piece powerscalers community logic, if Big Mom did not have a fight with Kaido, we should have to question a top tier statut.

You think after what Jinbei did to Big Mom, and the humiliation that was done on her by the Strawhats as a whole, that she'd even give Jinbei a shot at her wheel? And then just... let him go alive?

TBH I think that would make her far more of a joke than Jinbei simply getting the better of her at sea.
Even if not killing Jinbe could've been the more advantageous choice? I don't think Lilin is that unreasonable. I've already voiced my opinion on this in the spoiler thread, but I'll re-iterate. Jinbe has a very powerful soul, a soul strong enough to defy even Lilin's soul pocus, as such it has a lot of value. If Lilin kills Jinbe and all of the sun pirates, she gets her revenge, but she loses out on Jinbe's soul which is good and all but if Jinbe willing offers up his soul in exchange for the lives of his comrades I think Lilin would've considered it. Moreover, with Lilin, I think you always have a choice or rather her abilities just seem to work that way. Even in the last scene we saw of Lilin on WCI, she said "Life" or "Death" implying that all of her targets had one of two choices, "give in" or "die where they stand". Like I said, I don't think the notion of Jinbe having escaped by himself shames the BM pirates. However, if all of the fishmen and Jinbe were able to escape/leave WCI without bearing any consequences then that is a massive L for Lilin and her pirates imo.

Lastly, in a situation where she took Jinbe's lifespan in exchange for him leaving WCI, not only would she have Jinbe's soul but she'd have also doomed him to a untimely death. Jinbe's already far gone in age so imagine if he lost 50 years. I personally doing that is a lot more favorable for Lilin than simply killing Jinbe off.

Because they were delaying the fleet from getting the Sunny, which couldn't escape. Jinbei then stayed behind because with him in charge he would be able to stop any of the Sun Pirates dying, whereas without his strength it was meant to be a suicide mission.
As capable as I think Jinbe is on the seas, the bolded bit a bit too ridiculous for me to believe. Putting aside the fact that you think Jinbe alone could've stood against Lilin's fleets without bearing any loses, you honestly think he'd have been capable of doing that with Lilin in hot pursuit? Also Jinbe's time of arrival simply doesn't make sense if that was indeed how things panned out.

No
It just makes people who contributed to it look good
Meaning people like: Jinbe/Sun Pirates and Germa

It just measn they are good enough to pull it off... and not that Big Mom looks bad
it also means you guys underestimated and downplayed the level of power those people have

No it does not because Linlin no matter how versatile she is still in a disadvantage against Fishman in the water.
Also it not the first time, weaker characters escape from stronger foes. The plot will always overule logic.

About Oden, Aladdin was shown fighting him so if Aladdin kept oven busy, the other Fishman could had stop Bm ship by controlling the currents and escape when Linlin is in reach.

H

Homelander

Hell i ll wait for the panel for the incoming chapter to gain complete info on jinbeis escape . Yes , it does downgrade big mom status on whole if sun pirates and Germa escaped unscathed .

I still dont feel the amount of threat posed by big mom is similar to kaido. Kaido has weak crew but he seems to be in control at helm and personally confront the enemy if the situation does not favor him.