JJK 245 Spoilers

Eh, I understand the general negative feeling about what transpired, but I don't share it nor the opinion. There was an antecedent of Higuruma not understanding what Confiscate did before encountering opponents with or without particular traits (in this case, owning a cursed weapon). Nerfing Sukuna to oblivion would also not be satisfying as a way to defeat him, and whenever we are told (in any shonen) the whole masterplan behind the good guy's moves before it takes place, they fail, that was expected. Did it fail because Sukuna was lucky? Unless we learn anything new next chapter, yes, but his face clearly shows he wasn't done even if he had his CT sealed right now (it's not exactly farfetched that he could neg Higuruma even without his CT, and then get it back).

There were multiple similar complaints about the writing when Gojo lost and I didn't share that either. I respect them, but I do like this, nothing I can do about it.

WEAPON HE DIDN'T USE IN A CRIME HE IS BEING TRIED FOR

If you rob a bank with a gun, and I charge you for that, taking away your kitchen knife and not taking the gun you committed the crime with is idiocy
There are multiple things mixed in your complaint.
- The sentence is still just a CT based solely on influencing the fight. It has it's own priority system that as we already knew isn't based on the crime. The priority of tool - technique (in the lack off) - energy (in the lack of) does make sense.
- What about being related to the crime? Judgment can sentence you about things that aren't even related to CE at all (like Yuji was initially) and still may seal your power if it's grave enough.
- You're comparing this to real life. Are you telling me you only confiscate the weapons of an accused criminal after the sentencing? It wouldn't be about it being used on the crime or not: the accused would have been confiscated of any kind of weapons and restrained before the trial started. So it's clearly confiscation as a judgment is not something you can compare to real life.

I'm sorry, but I understand your complaints less than the ones about the narrative.

That's the thing though, how do they weaken him believably
This cursed tool removal didn't even affect him power-wise. The electric attacks from the tool were used once against Kashimo and that was it.
Well, I didn't say I liked the move in this chapter. At the very least, I was expecting a full chapter of the trial, with Sukuna's thoughts, with echoes of his past. But one chapter doesn't do the weather. I'll keep watching and see what Gege does. Either there will be shame, as in the last chapters of the MHA, or Gege has a plan

And before fanboys go for Pachinko and Yuji

Yuji had CE during the time he used Pachinko. So Higaruma taking his CE makes sense because it is only think he can take from Yuji in that sense

Sukuna didn't have the weapon during Shibuya therefor it shouldn't be something Higaruma can take as it isn't present during the crime of which Sukuna is on trial for

This is a literal cop out by Gege to save Sukuna from getting his CE or CT taken
So the cope is that he had CE even if it had nothing to do with the crime (which apparently is all that matters to you)?

The fundamental problem of this chapter is the narrative, the characters and the readers gain nothing from it. The fact of the matter is from a narrative standpoint this is deeply unsatisfying on both ends. Sukuna doesn't look clever and the heroes look stupid

Laying out and then putting forward the build up of the way that the heroes can nerf sukuna, with a focus specifically on sukuna's innate techniques

The narrative gives us an expectation either they succeed or they fail to address either Shrine or 10S

We then spend an entire chapter on possible outs and worst case scenarios from a legal standpoint. It's basically showing how our heroes are planning to hopefully even the playing field

All of this then lead to Sukuna not actually having an out in terms of his intelligence. He's actually effectively fucked. He didn't have a gambit, some technique, some legal loophole that would be incredibly obscure but apply perfectly to him. Instead his out comes in the form of the after thought weapon he had on hand.

A Weapon which prior to this chapter amounted to nothing significant. The narrative treated it like a narrative afterthought and yet now it is what effectively leaves Sukuna as he was before.

It is just deeply unsatisfying writing.

Sukuna doesn't look smart, just lucky

The heroes look like jackasses, higuruma especially

And multiple chapters were wasted providing us nothing cause Sukuna is the same as he was before.

And now Yorozu has found a way to piss me off even more from beyond the grave
I get you but sukuna cant use 10s neither can he use de

And before fanboys go for Pachinko and Yuji

Yuji had CE during the time he used Pachinko. So Higaruma taking his CE makes sense because it is only think he can take from Yuji in that sense

Sukuna didn't have the weapon during Shibuya therefor it shouldn't be something Higaruma can take as it isn't present during the crime of which Sukuna is on trial for

This is a literal cop out by Gege to save Sukuna from getting his CE or CT taken
but he didnt's used it for crime, which is your point about confiscation of cursed tool. if gojo used pachinko while beain underage as yuji, would it make sense to took away his ct? yeah no.
also, sukuna didn't have 10 shadows during shibuya, but higuruma said, that domain could took it away. why didnt't you complain about it? cause you're just mad gojo fanboy

It depends from country to country (while Legal systems are different in their own way they are also very alike)

If a minor commits a crime of severe level you can trial them as an adult and give them punishment you would give to a legal adult. I think one of youngest people given death penalty was a boy in USA, he was around 14-15 i think
that 14 yo was sentenced in 1944 and he was a black kid who killed 2 white girls
we obv know there is heavy racism sprinkled on the sentence and this shit wouldnt apply in modern law