General & Others Jujutsu Kaisen - General Discussion

Your favourite characters?

• Total voters
D

Dragomir

To be honest compared to other manga or my favs characters overall he is not top notch but Mahito has a fun personality, is a big bastard, colorful, with energy, like his power set : shapeshifting, soul powers etc, he has the best looking domain expansion (the thing looks badass). It seems he has fun in every scene.

Good villain for me for now compared to the others.
I feel like he's just plain for now. I like how he's learning as a curse baby or whatever, but he hasn't done anything to make me think he's great, especially not in comparison to the other characters.
Gonna have to agree with Nat on this one. Mahito feels mostly generic as a character. The fun personality he has isn't captivating at all for me considering how common it is in anime. Hell, there already is a "fun" personality character: Gojo. Mahito when I first saw him gave me an impression of what Gojo would be as a villain minus the whole "I'm the strongest" thing.

His powers are dope as hell though, I'll give him that.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Hell, there already is a "fun" personality character: Gojo.
The thing is i don't find Gojo fun at all. Almost all his jokes fall flat.

I like Mahito energy and whole demeanor, like an evil child.

For now I think most of the JJk cast is quite bland, I don't have much interest in most of them. I will read the manga when the season 1 will end.

For now I think most of the JJk cast is quite bland, I don't have much interest in most of them. I will read the ma,ga when the season 1 will end.
Hahah interesting, I find most of the characters to be fairly good and likeable. :few:

D

Dragomir

For now I think most of the JJk cast is quite bland, I don't have much interest in most of them. I will read the manga when the season 1 will end.
It seems you and I have a completely opposite view on the JJK cast. I like Gojo and I think he's a hilarious troll. Imo, his personality plays off him being the strongest well. Even though he's dusting his enemies, it's done in a way where it's still entertaining, at least so far from what we saw of the Jogo vs Gojo fight.

I've been enjoying Yuuji, Megumi, and Nobara. You can see how they're bonding and their friendship develop. They have a dynamic that keeps things close to how real-life high school friends act. The supporting cast so far so good for me. Nanami has got to be the most relatable character of all time, Todo is hilarious, Maki is pretty cool, and the rest seem to be just okay. This cast has serious potential.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It seems you and I have a completely opposite view on the JJK cast. I like Gojo and I think he's a hilarious troll. Imo, his personality plays off him being the strongest well. Even though he's dusting his enemies, it's done in a way where it's still entertaining, at least so far from what we saw of the Jogo vs Gojo fight.

I've been enjoying Yuuji, Megumi, and Nobara. You can see how they're bonding and their friendship develop. They have a dynamic that keeps things close to how real-life high school friends act. The supporting cast so far so good for me. Nanami has got to be the most relatable character of all time, Todo is hilarious, Maki is pretty cool, and the rest seem to be just okay. This cast has serious potential.
the fact that he is THAT strong can be boring but doesn’t bother me much. But really I don’t feel anything for the character when he is on screen and his jokes....It’s like the author wanted him to be cool so they forced it into the reader throat

agree for Nobara she is cool and best girl for now.

and obviously Nanami is the one who raises the bar.

Todo has some nice crazy vibes but I wait for more.

I don’t mind Megumi but he is only neutral for now.

And Itadori : I’m quite lost with him, I don’t find him that interesting without hating him, and I don’t like at all his OPness. The guy is a lot too strong for a junior and that can be really boring.

One minor character that I like is Inumaki : like his powers a lot.

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Nanami best character.
I freaking laughed so much with his speech of what it means to be "an adult". The collection of little despairs.
So relatable LMAO.
Rest is rest.
I like Gojo, but the dude feels like a "discount Dante".

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Nanami best character.
I freaking laughed so much with his speech of what it means to be "an adult". The collection of little despairs.
So relatable LMAO.
Rest is rest.
I like Gojo, but the dude feels like a "discount Dante".
The fact that he left to have a real work in finance was a real great move

I didn't watch the episode lol. Tell me which curses exactly, so that I don't spoil something accidentally.
While Mahito and the rest were planning the attack to steal the cursed objects, they made a point out of not accidentally hurting Yuuji or Megumi to not piss Sukuna off.

I get Yuuji, but how did they know Sukuna had interest in Megumi? The two of them were alone when they talked

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
While Mahito and the rest were planning the attack to steal the cursed objects, they made a point out of not accidentally hurting Yuuji or Megumi to not piss Sukuna off.

I get Yuuji, but how did they know Sukuna had interest in Megumi? The two of them were alone when they talked
we manga readers know the answer, but its a spoilers :feelscryingman:

D

Dragomir

the fact that he is THAT strong can be boring but doesn’t bother me much. But really I don’t feel anything for the character when he is on screen and his jokes....It’s like the author wanted him to be cool so they forced it into the reader throat
I forgot to respond to this earlier, here I am now :catsweat:

Hmm, seeing how Gojo's character is with how he's a troll who acts like a kid and messes around a lot, I assume that that type of character doesn't land very well with you?

agree for Nobara she is cool and best girl for now.
I can agree with you on here. Nobara is best girl for sure.

And Itadori : I’m quite lost with him, I don’t find him that interesting without hating him, and I don’t like at all his OPness. The guy is a lot too strong for a junior and that can be really boring.
I get where you're coming from with how a super talented MC can be rather bland but I'm personally okay with it for now as I'm watching how Yuuji progresses. The whole underdog protagonist who has next to no talent is quite common and old for me. And alongside a protagonist who has no talent, the deuteragonist is always super talented. It's fresh and interesting to see a show where the protagonist is the one who was the most talented of the main cast. And personally, for me, I'm not too focused on Yuuji being super strong. I like him for how his character has been developing. I didn't like Yuuji to start off the show but as things progressed into his fight with Mahito, his philosophy of wanting to save everybody and not kill began to unravel upon Junpei's death and I'm all for that character development. His naive outlook on life will be flipped upside down as he journeys as a Jujutsu Sorcerer and the story progressively gets darker(I hear the Shibuya arc is dark as hell). He has the potential to be great.