General & Others Jujutsu Kaisen - General Discussion

Your favourite characters?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
They love the detail on every page. ( you can compare after u finish anime ) they really don't miss on stuff.

The anime ends this Friday.

Have fun bro!
I gonna do, thanks bro I gonna have my fun.
The scene in the Restaurante was creppy and I love it. The one with the curses was looking like Chrollo from Hxh xD.
Overall this could became my next BC/KnY, now I understand why it reach 17mio selling and beeing close to beat KnY for this year.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
After reading this is my top 5 fav characters :

Nanami is great in every panel he is. The guy is maybe the only great character of the show. Originality, design, powers, personality etc.

Like Mahito, even if his last fight was a clusterfuck that went everywhere. The guy is a troll haha, I like his energy. And I like that his way his paved with carnage. But not a fan of his last transformation.

Toji is a beast and his fight with Young Gojo and Young Geto is one of the best of the show. And against Dagon haha, the machine. I also like his end.

Nobara is really the best girl : the girl is crazy. Her bossy personality is cool, same for her powers. And she is ruthless af. Last episode was great. Lets see how she is currently.

Inumaki is good. Like his powers and persona.

Other mentions :

Jogo has cool moments.

Kusakabe didn't appear much but he like his coward side.

Naobito too was just here for a short moment but i really liked his powers and overall personality.

Human Geto was cool too, either Young or chapter 0.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Yep right, now I am on the other side of the board

Anime onlies you suck !!
:finally:

Been meaning to ask. What did you think of Nanami's death? Did that affect how much you like Mahito? It happened to me lmao. When he killed Nanami and did whatever he did to Nobara I dropped him a few places on my list. But when he went out like a bitch in the end I had to drop him to the bottom lmao. They made him a rabbit lmao.

Geto tho. A GOAT.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
:finally:

Been meaning to ask. What did you think of Nanami's death? Did that affect how much you like Mahito? It happened to me lmao. When he killed Nanami and did whatever he did to Nobara I dropped him a few places on my list. But when he went out like a bitch in the end I had to drop him to the bottom lmao. They made him a rabbit lmao.

Geto tho. A GOAT.

To be honest the end of the fight wasnt' that great. I like the early Mahito vs yuji bit. I also like some moments with Nobara or with Todo.

I don't like at all Mahito last transformation it is completly out of his character and fighting style. This was quite meh. Same with his "death" : his last moments begging for his life weren't amazing.

But to be fair I think Mahito like all the other higher curses died WAY too early. They could have been developped more, the author disposed of them too early.

About the Nanami and Mahito stuff : I don't mind Mahito doing evil things at all, even if he killed Nanami, it wasn't bad. I like that Mahito killed/injured a lot of characters closed to Yuji. Killed Nanami, nearly killed Nobara and maybe crippled her for long time, cut one of Todo hand etc. He really made a number on the sorcerers.

[/spoilers]

Guys how good is the manga exactly?
Never watched the anime or read the manga before

but im planning to do it but im afraid itโ€™s gonna be like the seven deadly sins
Basically a garbage manga that I wasted my time reading it

is the manga really that good or itโ€™s just overhyped,?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Guys how good is the manga exactly?
Never watched the anime or read the manga before

but im planning to do it but im afraid itโ€™s gonna be like the seven deadly sins
Basically a garbage manga that I wasted my time reading it

is the manga really that good or itโ€™s just overhyped,?
a bit overhyped clearly. This is not a top tier manga and can be too classic but it is enjoyable enough. There are ยซ only ยป 140~ chapters, this is a quick read, and the anime animation is good and covers the 60 first chapters.

You can try it, nice read/watch

D

Dragomir

I'm all caught up to the manga now! A few things have changed for me but right now I stand by two things: 1. Fuck Mahito and 2. This Shibuya arc is turning up to be pretty good.

โ€“ Spoilers for non-manga readers โ€“

I always found Mahito to be annoying with his personality but killing Nanami, one of the best characters in this story, and Nobara(though I suspect that she's still alive, but still) has made me strongly dislike him. He's not a bad character. I think he serves his purpose well to piss off the readers with his actions as well as have a hand in Yuji's character development. Watching him get defeated and run away was uber satisfying to watch.

The number of deaths in this arc caught me so off-guard. From Hanami and Jogo to Nanami, Yaga, and Mai left me stunned.

I'm confused by the Choso/Yuji relationship. It seems like they might actually be brothers and it's not just a gag as opposed to Todo. I read a theory about how Yuji being a cursed womb would explain his superhuman stats and why he can be Sukuna's vessel which makes sense to me. I'm looking forward to the full revelation as to what's up with all that.

I did not enjoy the Gojo/Geto backstory. I was hopeful going into it that we'd get a more fleshing out of Gojo's character and find that there is a deeper aspect to him but unfortunately for me, there wasn't. I found young Gojo to be pretty annoying and it did drop Gojo a peg down for me in how much I like him now seeing how he's just gonna remain a surface-level character that isn't anything more than a troll who looks cool. Don't get me wrong, I do like his trolling and find him pretty funny and I like his cool fight scenes. But overall right now, he hasn't amounted much in my opinion. With Toji, I don't like him. I don't hate him either but his character right now seems to be that he's just insanely strong which is cool I guess but otherwise, there ain't anything else going for him that makes me want to like him.

Reading the manga, my overall impression of this series has dropped. I think that I got too caught up in its hype as I watched the anime and as a result, overrated the show. The fights are still great. Sukuna vs Jogo was a beaut, Yuji and Todo vs Mahito was some good stuff as well. Mappa animating this arc is gonna be spectacular to watch. However, the characters aren't all that great to me and while enjoyable, are mostly surface-level. The plot is starting to pick up and get good but prior to that it wasn't all that and the fights were carrying the story instead. I can see JJK becoming an amazing series in the future, but it's not there yet, not even close. Personally, JJK is good but it's not great, at least not yet.

I'm all caught up to the manga now! A few things have changed for me but right now I stand by two things: 1. Fuck Mahito and 2. This Shibuya arc is turning up to be pretty good.

โ€“ Spoilers for non-manga readers โ€“

I always found Mahito to be annoying with his personality but killing Nanami, one of the best characters in this story, and Nobara(though I suspect that she's still alive, but still) has made me strongly dislike him. He's not a bad character. I think he serves his purpose well to piss off the readers with his actions as well as have a hand in Yuji's character development. Watching him get defeated and run away was uber satisfying to watch.

The number of deaths in this arc caught me so off-guard. From Hanami and Jogo to Nanami, Yaga, and Mai left me stunned.

I'm confused by the Choso/Yuji relationship. It seems like they might actually be brothers and it's not just a gag as opposed to Todo. I read a theory about how Yuji being a cursed womb would explain his superhuman stats and why he can be Sukuna's vessel which makes sense to me. I'm looking forward to the full revelation as to what's up with all that.

I did not enjoy the Gojo/Geto backstory. I was hopeful going into it that we'd get a more fleshing out of Gojo's character and find that there is a deeper aspect to him but unfortunately for me, there wasn't. I found young Gojo to be pretty annoying and it did drop Gojo a peg down for me in how much I like him now seeing how he's just gonna remain a surface-level character that isn't anything more than a troll who looks cool. Don't get me wrong, I do like his trolling and find him pretty funny and I like his cool fight scenes. But overall right now, he hasn't amounted much in my opinion. With Toji, I don't like him. I don't hate him either but his character right now seems to be that he's just insanely strong which is cool I guess but otherwise, there ain't anything else going for him that makes me want to like him.

Reading the manga, my overall impression of this series has dropped. I think that I got too caught up in its hype as I watched the anime and as a result, overrated the show. The fights are still great. Sukuna vs Jogo was a beaut, Yuji and Todo vs Mahito was some good stuff as well. Mappa animating this arc is gonna be spectacular to watch. However, the characters aren't all that great to me and while enjoyable, are mostly surface-level. The plot is starting to pick up and get good but prior to that it wasn't all that and the fights were carrying the story instead. I can see JJK becoming an amazing series in the future, but it's not there yet, not even close. Personally, JJK is good but it's not great, at least not yet.

The Shibuya arc is over chief.

In fact, weโ€™ve already completed an arc since then.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
โ€Ž
I did not enjoy the Gojo/Geto backstory. I was hopeful going into it that we'd get a more fleshing out of Gojo's character and find that there is a deeper aspect to him but unfortunately for me, there wasn't. I found young Gojo to be pretty annoying and it did drop Gojo a peg down for me in how much I like him now seeing how he's just gonna remain a surface-level character that isn't anything more than a troll who looks cool.
that's surprising

I'm not a big fan of Gojo's character for the exact reasons you stated. I don't like that he acts so unnaturally nonchalant in every situation and seems to go back and forth between the childish troll and arrogant powerful sorcerer. But I think the backstory made me like Gojo more (and was also my second favourite JJK arc).

(wow what is this. I'm defending Gojo? Come see this @Light D Lamperouge , the sky might as well be falling)

I think acting childish and arrogant is normal for a teenager that was gifted with a very strong ability and has also never really been challenged since no one comes close to his abilities. Then when he fought Toji, he -- the strongest sorcerer in the current era -- literally got HUMBLED by a non-curse user. He wasn't able to protect the girl. He also almost got killed by someone that should he should of outmatched against and then later, his best friend also turned into a wanted criminal because of these events. It's one of the few times in the series where we got to see Gojo struggle, fail, overcome and take things seriously. It made his character seem so much more three dimensional.

(alright stop reading Light, I'm back to slandering Gojo)

But what I find disappointing is that I haven't really felt any character development from Gojo from those events. His character went back to the same as he was before, overconfident, arrogant and doesn't take anything seriously. Only change is that he was kinda like "Oh shit" when he saw fake Geto. But then when we see him again now that he's imprisoned he's back to the weirdly nonchalant "well oopsies" attitude.

Anyways, #SukunaSupremacy