Questions & Mysteries Kaido doesn't say "ACoC" is only used by the STRONGEST. He says "only some strong people".

I don't think Kaido uses the superlative "strongest" (最強) when talking about CoC coating, just "strong" (強). Maybe someone can correct me on this.

The quote is "一握り の 強者 だけな"

一握り (hitonigiri) = a handfull/small amount
の = of
強者 = strong people
だけな = only.

There is no "strongest" here. Just "strong". "Only a handful of strong people [can use it]". So we can finally put this bullcrap to rest about needing ACoC to be Top Tier or whatnot.

Scanlations actually get it right

I swear so much fake hype is generated in OP just through bad or non-literal translations.

It doesn't actually change anything, lol.
Out of the set of the "strong" or "strongest" people (the same thing), only a few of them (a subset) can use Conqueror's coating.
It changes a lot

Cause Oda actually says it

He says only a few among the Mightiest(strongest) can use FS
But here he doesn't says the very strongest if the translation is correct

So we can stop AdCoC being used by top tiers only or that it makes every top tier
I guess I was wrong for thinking like that too

All depends if the translation says "only a few /handful of the powerful people " instead of "only some of the very strongest "
ViZ is known for making mistakes too
Post automatically merged:

:steef:This would mean hype for fs users
FS is actually >AdCoC
Fs is only used by few of the Mightiest/Strongest people

Last edited by a moderator:
False. Never been stated anywhere. Yamato is clearly not Top Tier.
Well neither is the definition for top tier. Anyone can decide where it begins. Yamato is a top tier because she fought Kaido 1 vs1, clashed with him equally, and lasted a while. Even if she got mid diffed it was by the WSC who is at the top of top tier, so Yamato being low top tier is reasonable. So even if we dont use Kaido's statement I think she qualifies as top tier.

I don't think Kaido uses the superlative "strongest" (最強) when talking about CoC coating, just "strong" (強). Maybe someone can correct me on this.

The quote is "一握り の 強者 だけな"

一握り (hitonigiri) = a handfull/small amount
の = of
強者 = strong people
だけな = only.

There is no "strongest" here. Just "strong". "Only a handful of strong people [can use it]". So we can finally put this bullcrap to rest about needing ACoC to be Top Tier or whatnot.

Scanlations actually get it right

I swear so much fake hype is generated in OP just through bad or non-literal translations.
thanks for the correct translation

I mean ofc we come to this conclusion
After Zoro gets it....
Like ofc :smoothy:
sanjikun been salty since Yamato showed Coc not because of Zoro
He's been trying hard to make AdCOc seems casual or nor so special.

But he's right about the translation
When it comes to translations, I can't accept fake news
I already despise how ViZ added words into sbs and fans still think Oda called Mihawk a legend like wb in sbs

Sorry I dislike mistranslations

It changes a lot

Cause Oda actually says it

He says only a few among the Mightiest(strongest) can use FS
But here he doesn't says the very strongest if Rhe translation js correct

So we can stop AdCoC being used by top tiers only or that it makes every top tier
I guess I was wrong for thinking like that too

All depends if the translation says "only a few /handful of the powerful people " instead of "only some of the very strongest "
ViZ is known for making mistakes too

:steef:This would mean hype for fs users
FS is actually >AdCoC
Fs is only used by few of the Mightiest/Strongest people
For Rayleigh and FS, Oda actually uses the exact same Kanji as Kaido "強者" (except the furigana/reading aid uses Chinese pronunciation instead of Japanese).

The only difference is for Katakuri he puts "世界" (sekai) in front. So he says 世界 の 強者, "the world's strong people". I don't know if that's meant to be a superlative though. Maybe someone can else can chime in.

I mean ofc we come to this conclusion
After Zoro gets it....
Like ofc :smoothy:
This literally changes nothing about Zoro. He's past High Tiers and will be Low Top Tier soon.

He says among the mightiest some can use Future Sight.

It does not mean that outside of the mightiest, people can't use Future Sight.
Among the Mightiest!
That alone shows you which category

It means exactly that! Nobody outside of Mightiest range can use FS
Or else Rayleigh wouldn't say "among the Mightiest you'd find..."
He'd just day "you'd find some of the strong people in the world that can see the future " but he didn't

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Among the Mightiest!
That alone shows you which category

It means exactly that! Nobody outside of Mightiest range can use FS
Or else Rayleigh wouldn't say "among the Mightiest you'd find..."
He'd just day "you'd find some of the strong people in the world that can see the future " but he didn't
For Rayleigh and FS, Oda actually uses the exact same Kanji as Kaido "強者" (except the furigana/reading aid uses Chinese pronunciation instead of Japanese).
You don't like mistranslations right? @sanjikun did a good job here. Both ACoC and Future Sight are among the strong people only, there's no strongest or mightiest.

And Zoro's gonna be a low top tier soon. :myman:

The only difference is for Katakuri he puts "世界" (sekai) in front. So he says 世界 の 強者, "the world's strong people". I don't know if that's meant to be a superlative though. Maybe someone can else can chime in.

Kaido

This literally changes nothing about Zoro. He's past High Tiers and will be Low Top Tier soon.
"world's strong people "? It wouldn't make sense in English
Since correct way is always "world's strongest people " of "powerful people of the world"

The fact there's "world's " for FS and not AdCoc
Is already a difference to pay attention to

@PuckTheGreat

Can you please translate to us properly about what Rayleigh says about FS and what Kaido says about AdCoC

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
"world's strong people "? It wouldn't make sense in English
Since correct way is always "world's strongest people "

The fact there's "world's " for FS and not AdCoc
Is already a difference to pay attention to
It won't make sense in English, my dear mochi loving friend. In japanese, " 世界 の 強者 " will be read as "Strong People of this world" and not "The world Strong people". As Sanjikun said, the Japanese clearly distinguish between the words strong - 強 and strongest - 最強 .

I'm glad that you dislike mistranslations lmfaoo :suresure:

Yamato clearly isn't top tier. She was wasted by Kaido too easily. Zoro however is top tier now, given he mastered Enma and CoC coating. Other than that, only Yonko level characters are shown coating their attacks with CoC.

As Rayleigh said, the strength of your CoC reflects your own strength. And Yamato's overall strength can't hold up to a true top tier.