Rules Kingdom General Discussion

B

Ballel

Who are your favorite characters so far?
Characer wise Piao>Xin.
Xin is over ambitious and wild to the point of comedy.
That kid with the owl costume adds a necessary balance to the otherwise battle hardened tough guys.
The kid king was kinda bland until he declared he wants to dominate the world essentially, I think he's ruthless and calculating.
His minister (?) forgot his name, not sure about him. Could be a loyal guy, could be scheming.
Who's absolutely unbearable tho is the King's younger brother. That kid is straight up evil and has some huge ass ego, murders people on a whim.... I want to see his skull crushed lmao

That lip guy is a weirdo but I don't think I like him.

The guy with the blowgun was funny.

So far Idk who my favourite is.

Characer wise Piao>Xin.
That kid with the owl costume adds a necessary balance to the otherwise battle hardened tough guys.
The kid king was kinda bland until he declared he wants to dominate the world essentially, I think he's ruthless and calculating.
His minister (?) forgot his name, not sure about him. Could be a loyal guy, could be scheming.
Who's absolutely unbearable tho is the King's younger brother. That kid is straight up evil and has some huge ass ego, murders people on a whim.... I want to see his skull crushed lmao

it's to early to pick ur fav
at least you nee d to reach 356
there you will have dozens of character to pick one of them

Lmao. Not sure about that.

Story wise One Piece&Vagabond still>>>

Only Kingdom's art looks great so far.
Vagabond is a thematically complex, its strong point wasn't the story but more of how it can illustrate inner and outer conflicts perfectly which is a talent both Inoue and Hara share, and that talent made characters feel "alive" to me. That's why there are few well-written characters like Takuan, Ittosai and Kanemaki that gave me a good impression similar to Kingdom's cast solely because of that.

As much as i like Inoue's work, nothing matches Kingdom's storytelling with the constant escalation, but to feel that it requires one to dive deeper. Why? Because after the first arcs Kingdom begins to deliver consistent quality and consistent anticipation for what's yet to come, that's something i couldn't find in Vagabond where the excessive philosophical undertones resulted into a slow pace, on top of the never-ending hiatuses.

Ironically though, i do think Vagabond has the better art unlike you.

B

Ballel

Vagabond is a thematically complex, its strong point wasn't the story but more of how it can illustrate inner and outer conflicts perfectly which is a talent both Inoue and Hara share, and that talent made characters feel "alive" to me. That's why there are few well-written characters like Takuan, Ittosai and Kanemaki that gave me a good impression similar to Kingdom's cast solely because of that.

As much as i like Inoue's work, nothing matches Kingdom's storytelling with the constant escalation, but to feel that it requires one to dive deeper. Why? Because after the first arcs Kingdom begins to deliver consistent quality and consistent anticipation for what's yet to come, that's something i couldn't find in Vagabond where the excessive philosophical undertones resulted into a slow pace, on top of the never-ending hiatuses.

Ironically though, i do think Vagabond has the better art unlike you.
I agree with you that story development is not Vagabond's forte.
Inoue even said that he doesn't want to write a real story but that he uses the story elements to illustrate his characters' personalities.
Vagabond has more of a slice of life vibe tbh.

Tension and anticipation wise Kingdom hasn't disappointed yet. You want to know what comes next, there hasn't been a single time where the story felt ''stuck'', unlike in Vagabond.
It has a very organic feel to it.

Characer wise Piao>Xin.

Who Tf are Piao and Xin ?
I Guess Xin is Shin the MC but Piao ?

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Who do you guys think is the strongest warrior in China currently?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Seth @MarineHQ62 @Jailer @Da evil Who @Blackbeard etc.
It has to be Moubu. He doesn’t really have any competition either, all of the next strongest (Renpa, Man’U, Gaimou) would lose to him in close fights.

I’m only counting Generals with known strength. People like Shibashou and Kou En can still impress.
Call me crazy but i think Shibashou is going to shake the rankings real soon. Definitely not stronger than Moubu but on that tier.

The strongest rn has to be Moubu

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Alright @Seth @God Buggy @Blackbeard @Xione @MarineHQ62 @TheKnightOfTheSea

Some thoughts on Kochou. I have seen people downplay him enormously in an unfair manner given his loss against Kanki, but I still believe Kochou is quite a strong commander and he is actually quite close to Qin 6/Zhao 3 level.

Firstly on Kochou, something people don’t talk enough about, Kochou singlehandedly held a defensive line against Ousen, Kanki, and Yotanwa all by himself for a year straight before they were promoted to Qin 6. The fact that they could only gain ground after they were promoted to Qin 6 imo shows that Kochou is close to Qin 6 level but falls just a bit short. This was after Kochou was named the head of the entire Zhao military.

For reference, a character who was also said to be capable of leading the entire Zhao military was Genpou (Genpou and Kochou even have identical IQ stats at 96), but Kochou also massively dwarfs Genpou as a warrior and has a higher leadership stat than him as well. This would put Kochou definitively above one of the Heavenly Kings as a commander, and the Heavenly Kings are all Great General level commanders in certain aspects and are definitively above commanders like Akou (at least in hype).

I think the best place to put Kochou is Ordo level or perhaps even slightly above (Zhao > Yan), which would make Kochou above commanders like Mougou and Chou Tou but beneath ones like Kanki and Ousen.

I have seen people online say Kochou is Akou level as a commander, and…no. That’s ridiculous downplay to me lol. Akou is strong but Kochou’s portrayal is a world away from him.