Rules Kingdom General Discussion

Some thoughts on some Jonkins polls:

How does Shiryou have even one vote lmfao?

See this is me not sure if Jonkins’ audience is drugged or if they just don’t understand Kou En hype the way we do. Literally it is debatable that Kanki can even beat Karin let alone big papa himself…

The fact that this poll even exists…this to me is just as ludicrous as a “can Akou push Futei to high diff” poll…

On the one hand, I think Kanmei pretty much represents the martial maximum of what any character can be capable of. On the other hand, it is very possible Hara plans to power creep Kanmei via the “unknowns” of China like Shibashou and who knows who else. Time will tell.

And on this one I agree. Man’U < Shibashou < Kanmei is my scaling as of now, though if Hara continues to hype Shibashou to oblivion then this can very quickly change.
Jonkins is a guy who thinks Ousen's vassals are equal or better then Fire Dragons and considers Earl twins close to 6GG. And those probably aren't even his wildest takes.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Jonkins is a guy who thinks Ousen's vassals are equal or better then Fire Dragons and considers Earl twins close to 6GG. And those probably aren't even his wildest takes.
Jonkins doesn’t think this does he? I remember he had one guy on who said Akou > Kochou and I disagreed with him lol, and he also had another guy who said Kanki was the strongest of the Qin 6 but overall I think Jonkins and his gang are pretty good.

Best Kingdom introduction?
It was amazing. The crazy thing is that Shin had been in Ouki's presence before and yet Ryofui's one completely dwarfed it (as well as dwarfing the presences of Ryofui's retainers as well, like Shouheikun, Moubu etc.). Shin was so freaking terrified by how gigantic it was that he could not even make a sound. Lol.

@Elder Lee Hung @FutureWarrior123 @Owl Ki

Kingdom used to have another important layer to the story and that was the power struggle of Ei's path to kingship and control. That made up the majority of the context in which Hara depicted the political realm, and once Sei had his Coming of Age Ceremony and the rebels of the so-called State of Ai were put down - that all went away. It's a shame as it really shouldn't have. Kingdom has become a lesser manga for it since.

Figures like Ryou Fui, Sai Taku, Queen Mother, Ri En, Shun Shin Kun, Ou Ken and others were just as fascinating powerhouses to me as some of the mightiest generals. The theatrics of politics and power struggles of the factions were a deeply interesting and fertile backdrop ripe for exploring, world-building, character development and plot progression.

Hara should've never shied away from it or taken his foot off the gas. He should've doubled down, tripled down if need be, the story would've likely been richer and better for it.

Kan Pi Shi feels like he should've had a longer arc, perhaps one with a secret trial, flashbacks and investigations - a mini arc of something different, perhaps Shin being tasked on some Wolverine/Batman shit to investigate because Sei's trusts his judgment (read: Instincts) and he employs Kyou Kai to help him because of her relevant experience as an assassin (which in a way finally puts her on good terms with Sei). I digress.

You Ka is the single most exciting wild card Hara has introduced in years. I hope Hara doesn't waste him.

SHK is not a general.

He's the Head of Military Affairs and Qin's chief strategist, who can take to the field as a general as and when necessary.

He does not belong in any credible Top 10 list. You can like the character without blowing smoke up their ass.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
SHK is not a general.
I'm aware of that

The point I was making in the post is that I feel like things would have been more interesting if we were aware of Yan, Han and Qi generals roughly on the same level as the 10 I mentioned. I'm not even sure if 6GG class commanders from those states exist...

I'm not ready to count Ou Sen (& YTW) out just yet, but it's not looking good. They are completely out of formation and out of position.

Hindsight being 20/20, Ou Sen should've kept Shin in the reserve and entrusted the Right Wing to Ou Hon.

It's really not a stretch that Ou Sen should've been more mindful of Ri Boku targeting one asset that never failed to obstruct him. And if nothing else, who else could he trust to deal with the unknown strength of Shi Ba Shou and his main army if not the Shin, the man who slew Hou Ken, and Kyou Kai, whose strength is acknowledged by all?

The HSU is at 30K now.

It's large enough for Shin to put Ka Ryo Ten in charge of her own army unit. I hope to see the two of them have more separate command roles.

As of now, I think only So Sui and Ga Ro have what it takes to become generals. Given the nature of their relationship, which most bares resemblance to lord and vassal, I don't foresee So Sui ever leading Shin's side. I think he'll eventually become deputy in Shin's personal "Ri Shin Army" or an Adjutant similar to Gu Nei (Akou's Adjutant, killed by Gyou'un).

Though his personality is close to that of Roku O Mi, Ga Ro is on track to become a better version of Kan Ou. He will be at an acceptable level for the weakest general in the HSU. I could see him in the vanguard or on the wing opposite Kyou Kai. Had Na Ki lived, he would've likely filled that slot.

Last edited:
I'm rereading Sanyou, and I gotta say I really enjoyed seeing Genpou's warfare in action
Post automatically merged:

@SakazOuki

doesn't this imply that Rinko>>Shoumou in a duel?
They're both STR 93 in the data books but I have zero doubt Rin Ko is the more skilled fighter with far more experiencing cutting big men down to size - pause - than Shou Mou has smashing midgets. Pause.