Speculations Kuina was killed by someone

Was kuina secretly killed?

• Total voters
I dont see any foulplay in her death. You have to remember the manga was in early days .

How zoro would have got motivation to become world's best swordsman ? He had to see the tragedy. Kuina played motivating factor to train himself stronger.

Also i am fairly certain she died of natural death . There is no point bringing her back in story.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
She probably internalized that sexist attitude and believed she can truly never stand at the top because of her gender.
It's definitely possible but I guess it would sound pretty lame expecially considering Zoro told her that one of the two had to become WSS, so it would of been kinda lame if she gave up so soon.

Her daddy was restricting, won't let her aim towards being WSS, and was hella sexist.
Not at all, women are phisicaly weaker than men thats the truth of it and her dad just knew it, thats just the reality of it. Thats why woman dont compete against men in sports.

But even he himself admited she was very close of breaking the barrier of being a woman because Zoro kept pushing her.

Not at all, women are phisicaly weaker than men thats the truth of it and her dad just knew it, thats just the reality of it. Thats why woman dont compete against men in sports.

But even he himself admited she was very close of breaking the barrier of being a woman because Zoro kept pushing her.
Her dad also knew all about haki, which is more important than anything about physical strength, yet he still restricted her :josad:

If he taught her right from get-go, taught her that she can be very strongest so long as she masters and hones her haki, which she can learn eventually, it'd be okay. But he was an asshat.

Her dad also knew all about haki, which is more important than anything about physical strength, yet he still restricted her :josad:

If he taught her right from get-go, taught her that she can be very strongest so long as she masters and hones her haki, which she can learn eventually, it'd be okay. But he was an asshat.
We never seen her dad using haki, nor Zoro learned to use it in the east blue but it was already pretty much obvious that he was MUCH stronger than anyone in the dojo by the time he left, including her dad.

All he knew about was the "breath of all things" wich yeah, it is haki, but he couldnt use it nor could anyone in the village soo it was just a rumor at best.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

Indeed that's a weak argument anti Zoros use as an attempt to denigrate the man but in reality he was never sexist.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yes you read it right. Something is telling me that she was killed by someone close to her father...
Do you guys remember that old gorosei dude with the shodai kitetsu?

He looks like he is from wano and more than that he looks like an elder version of koshiro.
What if this dude is actually the bigger brother of koshiro? And what if he was the one who killed kuina? That would build up a hatred revenge mission for zoro.

I know kuina fell down the stairs and died thats whats being told, but I think she died even before she fell down the stairs, she was killed by someone and I think this someone is the gorosei dude but it could also be someone else. I do not think it was just some accident and I know Oda will probably take this route as soon as we get more of zoros flashback.

What do you think?
@silverfire brought an interesting take to my mind lately. I think Koushirou might've killed off Kuina. I think he had love/hate for Kuina.

Kozaburo ( his dad and the Swordsmith to forge Enma ) most likely wanted his son to become a great swordsman but he turned out to be a fraud. So next in line was Kuina. She had all the potential but she was born female and we know how they most likely thought about it. The talk Kuina had about the weaker body because she is a female is most likely due to influence from both Kozaburo and Koushirou since more likely than not they were chauvinists due to Samurai history.

Will be a bit harsh but maybe Koushirou couldn't stand the fact that his daughter was so prominent in swordsmanship but she was born at disadvantage in his eyes anyway so he decided to end her struggle and kill her off. When Zoro asks Koushirou about Kuina he has as sus face, one may say he just doesn't want to hear about his dead daughter but does he really? I think he hides something and that would be a reality of him not @stairs-kun killing Kuina.