Longest Hiatus x Hiatus on record!

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Well, don't be surprised guys. If there is one thing that we can be 100% sure is that Togashi will never return to weekly serialization for more than back to back chapters if he even does that.

He's destroyed both mentally and physically. If Togashi won't swallow his pride and hire someone to finish the job we will lose another amazing show with no finished story.

That will eventually happen but it could even take something like 20-30 years for all we know.

I don't think I will lose my interest in anime and manga by that time, the thought kinda discourages me anyway.
in 20 30 years he might not be alive anymore, from what I've read long time ago he intends to come back and give the final arc

in 20 30 years he might not be alive anymore, from what I've read long time ago he intends to come back and give the final arc
Well I remember it was 2009 when I first finished Hunter x Hunter

Then did it again in 2011 xd

In 9 years nothing so relevant happened in the manga, or better the story didn't progress much; this is why I gave such a huge timespan. It could be 5 years or 30, I really don't know honestly.

I just hope we won't grow too old before it occurs.

Just finish Black Whale, Togashi-dono.. T.T

At this point I don't even care about the plot in general, anymore. Nobody in their right mind could possibly believe we'd actually get to see HxH being finished. Of any arc or saga so far, Dark Continent has by far the most hype and is bound to be tied to the greatest amount of background and world building of all arcs so far, too. So no way is that ever gonna happen.

But what might actually happen is for the Black Whale arc to conclude, which I'd love. This arc has great characters and an extremely exciting plot, and might actually be Kurapika's concluding arc. Too bad Togashi seems to have dug his own grave by making this arc more and more complicated by adding more factions and characters basically each time he resumed serialization...

Honestly. I don't think Togashi cares that much about the series. I don't mean this in a bad way, but its the truth.

I think that for him, the "true ending" of HxH was supposed to be Gon meeting Ging at the tree. And that everything that came after that is just bonus content.

I think in his mind, he's already more or less completed HxH and whatever new content he does put out is going to be purely out of his own passion.

He said he intents to finish HxH before he dies so I think that there will be some time when HxH will return to a somewhat routine publication. Be that a chapter a month or whatever.

If not, I think that's fine. He's given us enough. I think its inevitable that the series will end tho. If togashi himself doesn't do it, I'm sure the manga will finish after his death. The series has too many fans and is too popular for WSJ to just drop it.

My personal theory is that WSJ has made some sort of agreement with Togashi to ensure that the series will return at around the time One Piece is nearing its end. With One piece gone, WSJ will need a new heavy hitter. So I think they're going to try to replace One Piece with HxH as the new face of shonen jump.