General & Others Luffy vs Kaido is the worst fight in One Piece

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
It amazes people read One Piece for years and still cant wrap their head around the fact Oda will never make Luffy lose

He had a chance to do it with Katakuri and it coiuld have been a fantastic defeat but nope

Marry Sue that shit

At this idc if ZKK happens because it would be equally trash like the rest, just quicker so we can move the fuck on and finish the story

Once Kaido awakens this will be even more clear :pepebusi:
Is this sarcasim
Post automatically merged:

It amazes people read One Piece for years and still cant wrap their head around the fact Oda will never make Luffy lose

He had a chance to do it with Katakuri and it coiuld have been a fantastic defeat but nope

Marry Sue that shit

At this idc if ZKK happens because it would be equally trash like the rest, just quicker so we can move the fuck on and finish the story
Luffy has lost plenty times before lol and he beat katakiti fare and square even though the was poisend and hungry what's ur excuse

Kinda agree with you. The fight is trash. I hate the shenanigans of Luffy gaining a power up then getting stomped a few minutes later. Even right now with gear 5th it feels like Kaido could actually win. And even if Luffy pulls the win it wil feel like an ass pull to be honest. He already actually even defeated Gear5th Luffy last chapter when you think about it.
this is the only thing I partly agree with that oda making really shouldn't have made Luffy lose all those times but there is no way he loses in gear 5 at that point it would be seriously bad writing imo

The most hyped battle in the series so far, the grand conclusion to this dreadfully long arc is now commonly described as « funny » with some even believing this to be a good thing which is plain hilarious lmfao.
NOOOO BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STORY

LUFFY WAS ALWAYS GOOFY LMAOOO YOU'RE A FAKE ONE PIECE FAAAAN BOOOO

Maybe my first serious post, don't judge me.

I like Luffy vs Kaido because it brings the Manga to its roots, when One Piece didn't take itself too seriously. I always disliked Dressrosa because of Doflamingo.

This type of panel did nothing for me. I remember back in the day everybody was wetting their panties in forums about how badass and dark Doflamingo is but to me it was just edgy and cringe.

What made me fall in love with Luffy's character were arcs like Arabasta, Skypiea and Arlong Park, where Oda cleverly built up the villains through the eyes of their victims, so they always seemed terrifying to us, but then radically changed the tone when Luffy met them face to face.

Take Arlong, he comes from the superior race originating from the Grand Line. At first, the Mugiwaras are dicking around in Kokoyashi without a worry. Oda hypes up Arlong up in our imaginations by showing his underlings sinking Marine ships effortlessly, by showing Arlong terrorizing Usopp and lifting houses (it's more terrifying if it's Usopp), we hear about how Fishmen are 10 times stronger than humans, Arlong's shark teeth etc.

Then as the arc developped it starts becoming personal. Arlong's invincibility aura grows more in Nami's flashback, but so does his ruthlessness as he murders Bellemere and enslaves the entire village.

Through this build-up we take this villain super seriously, we fear for Luffy. And this is why I think One Piece managed to conquer the hearts of children, teenagers and adults all over the world; After so many chapters of people jobbing to Arlong, being terrified of Arlong, etc., Luffy finally meets Arlong face to face and he doesn't care.

He isn't scared, he doesn't respect him, he goofs around and mocks him. Arlong is just some dude to him. Oda builds all this illusion of the invincible foe through the perspective of powerless people, but when Luffy gets there, this illusion is shattered.

Luffy's character was too fucking cool. No matter how serious the situation was, he would make us laugh and never changed his relaxed/carefree attitude. Enel, the omnipotent God who was one-shotting everybody in Skypiea, looked silly trying to stab Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Baka.

tl;dr: One Piece is different from edgelord shit like Bleach (if you are a Bleach fan put your money where your mouth is and drink Bleach please) because it doesn't take itself too seriously. Oda manipulates the readers into hyping up the antagonist in their imaginations, only to have Luffy reminds us that they're just human.
Cringe and gay for shitting on Bleach

Last edited:
peak fight in Onigashima was chapter 1010

I dont care about whatever excuse the Odasucker bring, but the rooftop fight but especially chapter 1010 had all the charateristic of a good shonen fight manga.

After that Oda qualities to bring a good fight were dissapointing:josad:.

Yeah Zoro vs King was good (not amazing but definitly the best confrontation in Onigashima)

I like Law power against Mom but the fight was trash and kid is just mid:josad:

And Luffy vs Kaido started great in chapter 1010 and went straight to be dogshit.

Like how can someone regress so badly from panel like this:

to this:

Well sure weirdo people gona love that shit but the classic shonen guy like me (which follow multiple manga) are just indifferent to this shit (I was pissed few weeks ago) but I cant care less about OP. I am waiting for ZKK and then for ZorovsMihawk:myman:

Yes this fight is badddddddd

The moment Oda decided to make that fight a 1 vs 1 it was meant to be bullshit

Kaido was way too strong from the start

Luffy landing the finisher was obvious, he is the MC. But Luffy taking on Kaido 1 vs 1 for most of the fight was wrong.

A Law Kid Luffy vs Kaido would have been so much better. With Luffy finishing the deal.
I dont think Oda wanted to kill kidd and law there, because one of them wouldnt make it to the end, but I agree, would have been a better fight than trying to have luffy 1v1 the strongest creature in the world.