General Mafia General Chat

I'm mediocre, but yes, it really does depend on what criteria individuals use to judge performance

I don't think you're bad at Mafia since you're an asset for new players sticking up for them and calling out rude behavior toward them
I *do* think, like the majority anywhere, aggression and frustration impacts your play and other's and it becomes an emotional ouroboros instead of gamesolving - it's something everyone needs to work on

As long as you work on the cons, you'll be a great player when ranking yourself amongst regulars on a more stricter criteria than someone's opinion (mine), if that makes any sense

that was a big oversight i regret deeply

trying to move away from the nonsense feuds publicly along NFers against NF so the image of OLF is less... tainted and has a clear purpose that people aren't just using it as a safe haven for refugees (we do that too)

Zemmi

GodMommie
I’ve been self reflecting and come to a realisation, even if I’ve the solved the game, I’m not good at mafia and the people I play against aren’t bad at mafia. I just see them for some reason that’s not skill based
I wonder if there are any actually 'good' mafia players since it usually is more up to luck. On the other hand, there are bad mafia players.

like i said every community - WG, OLF, NF - has their own standard model for what constitutes a good player (or host!)

on WG, i consider ratchet a high caliber player. his analytical skills and bullshit detecting is top notch. him getting offed early game as town means there's a default feeling of timidity from mafia in most games here to avoid them being found out early, and is able to use his abilities well (and on the right people).
i honestly don't know how people in general rank their players here in terms of how good they are, however

same with muugen, their quality of play is very similar

on OLF, grammaton is what i consider a high caliber player. much like ratchet, he's pretty on point with his game solving and ability usage, so is craig pelton off the top of my head

for me it's a mixture of abilities + behavior analysis and how someone uses their awareness to see where their town play deviates from their scum play

Ngl we need that Mafia Universe mod/mafia bot setup; they run an old ass version of Vbulletin, but they crafted the fuck out of their Mafia system, even though it's jacked up in some places. I've been trying to buddy up with some dev-minded folk, but @Worst won't touch XF code anymore :kriwhat:

I would also be willing to share the Mafia add-on once it's ready for a beta release, but that would require XF forums like this one to be up to date. Lots of work to be done, but maybe I'll finally be able to participate in Mafia on a more technical level if anything and contribute in only a way that I'm typically known for.

I’ve been self reflecting and come to a realisation, even if I’ve the solved the game, I’m not good at mafia and the people I play against aren’t bad at mafia. I just see them for some reason that’s not skill based
You are a great game solver Odd and also an awesome strategist regardless alignament.
Everything else can be learned.
Don't underestimate yourself!

I wonder if there are any actually 'good' mafia players since it usually is more up to luck. On the other hand, there are bad mafia players.
Yes, good mafia players certainly exist :cheers:

ill speak on his behalf that if we didn't have donations or additional financial support he'd still find a way to make sure OLF keeps running
it's also why he gives a public expense thread so people know where their money is going and to what

If you mean paying others for dev work, of course I would! If you want quality, you get what you pay for (most of the time).

ill speak on his behalf that if we didn't have donations or additional financial support he'd still find a way to make sure OLF keeps running
it's also why he gives a public expense thread so people know where their money is going and to what
Speaking of which, I should probably update that thread since it's been some time since I last did that :josad: