General & Others Marineford vs the raid at Onigashima : Which is better?

which is better?

• Total voters
Wait if you two don't like Marineford and Wano then why do you guys read One Piece?
Marineford is mid. Luffy having disgusting amount of plot armor and mihawk recieving garbage treatment just because he wanted to see if his theory about luffys power was to have people follow him was true. Marineford remains mid plus ace sucks

Marineford is mid. Luffy having disgusting amount of plot armor and mihawk recieving garbage treatment just because he wanted to see if his theory about luffys power was to have people follow him was true. Marineford remains mid plus ace sucks
Luffy is the MC so he is going to always have disgusting amount of plot armor and that happens every arc where Luffy has plot armor.
Mihawk I think served his purpose in Marine Ford he was there to show off his strength and he was the only one actively trying to kill Luffy. And if Ace sucks, is it not a good thing that he died? If you don't like Ace then shouldn't you be happy that he died? lol

Luffy is the MC so he is going to always have disgusting amount of plot armor and that happens every arc where Luffy has plot armor.
Mihawk I think served his purpose in Marine Ford he was there to show off his strength and he was the only one actively trying to kill Luffy. And if Ace sucks, is it not a good thing that he died? If you don't like Ace then shouldn't you be happy that he died? lol
"Actively trying to kill luffy." If mihawk wanted to luffy would have been dead. He just put himself in luffy's way to see if other people wanted to fight him.

Plus all the alliance and wbp were garbage. Wb got outclassed by all three admirals and the admirals were holding back.

Sakazuki lost interest in wb and started chasing dragons son.

It really is meh. And after luffy got coc it was worthless up until wano. It literally did nothing but ko fodder.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I’d say it isn’t actually fair to compare the two until the raid is actually over.

Cause we’ve yet to hit the actual finale of the raid. That’s like asking how much did you enjoy Marineford before Ace was rescued, he and Whitebeard died and Shanks and Blackbeard showed up?

"Actively trying to kill luffy." If mihawk wanted to luffy would have been dead. He just put himself in luffy's way to see if other people wanted to fight him.

Plus all the alliance and wbp were garbage. Wb got outclassed by all three admirals and the admirals were holding back.

Sakazuki lost interest in wb and started chasing dragons son.

It really is meh. And after luffy got coc it was worthless up until wano. It literally did nothing but ko fodder.
But we saw Mihawk chopping Luffy's arm off. It was plot armor that saved Luffy.

And WB was old as fuck lol. It was his speech that made marine ford hype. So you didn't care for WB speech at the end?
Post automatically merged:

I’d say it isn’t actually fair to compare the two until the raid is actually over.

Cause we’ve yet to hit the actual finale of the raid. That’s like asking how much did you enjoy Marineford before Ace was rescued, he and Whitebeard died and Shanks and Blackbeard showed up?
The raid is over. Big Mom out. Kaido is going to get defeated soon. Nothing major is going to happen after this.

But we saw Mihawk chopping Luffy's arm off. It was plot armor that saved Luffy.

And WB was old as fuck lol. It was his speech that made marine ford hype. So you didn't care for WB speech at the end?
Post automatically merged:

The raid is over. Big Mom out. Kaido is going to get defeated soon. Nothing major is going to happen after this.
mf was an old man dying. Mihawk lost interest from whitebeard and started concertrating on luffys aura. Sakazuki lost interest in wb and started chasing luffy. Literally marineford is just a set up arc.

Wait if you two don't like Marineford and Wano then why do you guys read One Piece?
I liked:

East Blue Saga
Arabasta Saga
Water 7 Saga
Thriller Bark Saga
Summit War Saga
: All arcs including Shabaody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Post War Arc, but not Marine Ford.

Fish-man Island Saga
Dressros saga
was also good to some extent.

I dont hate One Piece, but I dont like fake hype from authors.
Oda gathered all of the big boys in Marine Ford. That was the first and only fight so far where so many powerful individuals gathered and no one took serious injury or died except Ace and WB.

Instead of freeing Ace, it was a stage set for WB's grand death.
What I hate is, Oda used numbers to troll the readers. What I wanted was 1v1 fights, not Admirals standing at the stage 90% of time and enjoying the war as if it was circus. Only Akainu was active, while Kizaru and Aokiji just showed off some fancy moves that didnt do shit.

I am accustomed to reading stand alone arcs, where all characters participate actively and contribute meaningfuly to the story. Not some some fights in slow motion without any conclusion.

For example, take JJK's Shibuya Arc. Todo and Itadori vs. Mahito, they did their best, no holding backs.
Naruto: countless such fights, with meaningful results. Not only at macro level, but at micro level as well.

Sengoku and Garp could destory WB pirates, but they didnt. Yes, I know they respected WB. But, it is author's fault to first get them at the stage. Why so much conflict, it is like author cant decide what I should do.
It is true that he needs to tell the story of how the characters feel inside, but that was not the case. Strong people fight to death, not stand and look at their opponents like they were in circus.
I can go on, but it wont make sense to you. I have a different POV, you can like MF, but I dont. Never once in my life I said that MF was great.
Oda got away with it, that's why we saw Zou, WCI, and now Wano.

MF gave Oda such confidence, and he thought my readers like this type of show.
I have a question,
dont you think most of the problems OP has now started after MF?

Some blame TS, but what happened before TS? Marine Ford.

But MArine ford wasn't fake hype. Wano is fake hype.

Ace and WB dying aren't some casuals, they are prominent characters. Also, Vista lost an arm (before we knew that losing an arm isn't that big of a deal. Now losing an arm is nothing). WB crew completely defeated. There were no major fights because it was only 30 chapters long and plus One Piece has the worst fights compared to all the other shounens. Who reads One Piece for the fights? People say Lucci vs Luffy was the best One Piece fight but if you compare Luffy vs Lucci to other shounen fights like in Demon Slayer, Naruto, JJK, HxH, it will be the worse fight.

But they did contribute meaningfully. Koby gets observation haki. Ace and WB died. BB gets a new fruit. Dragon secret is revealed to the whole world. WB gives epic speech at the end. We finally get to see all admirals in action and the power scaling. Crocodile received character development. Doflamingo had an epic speech. Shanks appeared to stop the war. Marco devil fruit was revealed. Law and Luffy teaming up was set up.

And all this happened in only 30 chapters.

JJK and Naruto are one of the best fighting shounens. One Piece is one of the worst fighting shounens. Fights are ass in one piece. pretime skip and post time skip.

But WB died. If WB lived in MArineford then I will understand your complaints but WB died.

Yes I believe that. MF made Oda think he had the biggest dick of all the mangakas.
True, OP is not about fights, but 99% of this forums is filled with power scaling threads, and the commumity too.

You are right, to sum it up, I dont like how fights are executed in OP. Maybe this is the root cause of why I hate it so much (fight arcs).

Happy that my explanation helped to convey my point.
Adventure aspect and fights are two different things. Adventure is top notch in OP and fights are mediocre as compared to other shounens.

Marineford in 30 chapters made so much than Onigashima in what? 70+ chapters? Sure Marineford for whatever reason lack fights panels and all out fights but it wasn't suppose for WB and Luffy to win. But Onigashima... is suppose for Luffy to win(I hope not unless for Zoro) but we still for whatever reason had at same time offscreen fights and too much dragged fights(like pre-power up Sanji).

Marineford by a long shot. Spotlights were on the top tiers and hyped characters.

Wano's spotlights were too focused on the Strawhats and other mid tier characters I don't really care about.
Many people miss the Reverie arc because the spotlight was no longer on the Strawhats and more on the famous and new characters that could potentially be used for other battledome threads.

Marineford > Wano by a mile.

I think Wano may tipped the scale if Oda introduces Ryokugyu, Dragon, Akainu, and Shanks into the mix but that's likely not going to happen ever. lol

Marineford was an actual chaotic war, with minimal set up time but maximal payoff.

Wano has had 0 deaths, TERRIBLE death fake outs and time wasting of the scabbards/ orochi, TERRIBLE war strategy of the scabbards fighting Kaido by themselves, 3vs2 being better than 5vs2 for reasons

The actual fights in Wano are a lot better obviously and make it worth reading, but the PIS and setup/ fight ratio is really bad.

After reareading MF carefully, here is what I got :
1. 3 Admirals couldn't kill a rookie standing in front of them
2. Kizaru prefer to shoot keys than shoot luffy or even ace.
3. Kizaru refuse to shoot marco's vital spots like in the head given how accurate kizaru is with how he shoots the keys.
4. Akainu's successful kill was more of a suicide from Ace part than he actually beat Ace down and kill him. He couldn't even kill curiel.
5. Sengoku couldn't K.O luffy
6. Mihawk getting stalled by Vista
7. Aokiji prefer to destroy Josu arm instead of finish him for good to remove future treath. Which is weird since he wasn't hesitating to kill his friend in Robin flashback.
8. Whitebeard couldn't kill anyone.

But yea at least we don't have motherly mode, fake deaths, and kids.

Storywise it feels deeper than Onigashima for sure.

But still w7 ennies lobby is still the best for me and waaaaay better than marineford or onigashima. The gap is huge.