Mihawk bounty speculation (vs BB bounty Bet thread)

Will Mihawk have a higher bounty than BlackBeard

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
1.5 billions, legit can't see more than that.
You don't? One of Kaido's commanders have a bounty close to Luffy's, and Mihawk's hype is still higher than Luffy and Queen's - and there's never been any mention of how non-captain leadership positions effect bounty, so Queen's bounty is most likely just from his strength and cruelty.

Plus Mihawk's bounty has been hidden for over 20 years...being 1.5bil when there are Yonko grunts with bounties near that is kinda underwhelming. If anything I see it similar to what Rayleigh's bounty was, which most likely was higher than the typical Yonko commander and higher than Luffy's current bounty.

For those people saying 700 million or 1 billion, I would like to ask, what is the point of such a low bounty? What narrative purpose does it serve? Bounties are a hype tool, and for the top tiers, they represent the very apex of the verse, the bounty ceiling for Luffy and his potential EOS rivals. An absurdly low bounty for Mihawk has no storytelling worth, he’s not a hidden upstart like Blackbeard waiting to take the world by storm, nor is he a gag character like Bepo who was mistaken for a pet. He has been Zoro’s goal since the very beginning of the series and his bounty is going to reflect that.

Do people really think that bounty is about threat to the WG? So Oven is 4x more of a threat to the WG than Robin who can read Poneglyphs and who is now connected to the ‘fifth emperor’ and revolutionary army? Of course not. Bounties are made to hype characters, that’s why so much of a deal was made of Katakuri being the one billion man that Luffy had to surpass. That being said, Mihawk’s bounty will easily be in the 2 billion range, if not more. Does that accurately represent his (lack) of anti government ambition? No, but it doesn’t have to.

Since no one else has actually made any wagers, I’ll go first. If Mihawk isn’t in the 2 billion range, I’ll change my set to Spandam for a month. Hopefully this’ll get the ball rolling a little.

@Light D Lamperouge @KiriNigiri @Grumpy Zoro what do you guys think?

:sanok::sanok::sanok:

For those people saying 700 million or 1 billion, I would like to ask, what is the point of such a low bounty? What narrative purpose does it serve? Bounties are a hype tool, and for the top tiers, they represent the very apex of the verse, the bounty ceiling for Luffy and his potential EOS rivals. An absurdly low bounty for Mihawk has no storytelling worth, he’s not a hidden upstart like Blackbeard waiting to take the world by storm, nor is he a gag character like Bepo who was mistaken for a pet. He has been Zoro’s goal since the very beginning of the series and his bounty is going to reflect that.

Do people really think that bounty is about threat to the WG? So Oven is 4x more of a threat to the WG than Robin who can read Poneglyphs and who is now connected to the ‘fifth emperor’ and revolutionary army? Of course not. Bounties are made to hype characters, that’s why so much of a deal was made of Katakuri being the one billion man that Luffy had to surpass. That being said, Mihawk’s bounty will easily be in the 2 billion range, if not more. Does that accurately represent his (lack) of anti government ambition? No, but it doesn’t have to.

Since no one else has actually made any wagers, I’ll go first. If Mihawk isn’t in the 2 billion range, I’ll change my set to Spandam for a month. Hopefully this’ll get the ball rolling a little.

100% agreed...like what would be the point of hiding his bounty for it to be lower than yc lvl? lol

At the very least it should be higher than all yc1 and i also see it being above 2B...If not than Oda just dropped the ball with Mihawk bounty as it will not have any impact and he obviousely knows people are waiting for his reveal

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

Agree. Hiding his bounty only for it to be in the yc range seems a bit underwhelming imo, and thus I believe it should be in the 2 billion range, if not more. He is one of the rare world's strongest title holders, a legendary figure and someone famous from Roger's era. Oda should deliver on this.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭

I am not as brave a person as Den Den sama, so I would make the offer for 1.5B bounty.

If Mihawk is revealed to have a current bounty less than 1.5 billion belli, I would wear a Spandam signature for 1 month.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony

I always go back the fact Mihawk's bounty was not shown alongside Doffy's or Kuma's during the events of Jaya. He stormed in with big panels to declare emphasis. As if a bounty would've been revealed alongside his entrance. Yet Oda refrained.

He had no problem revealing Doffy's and Kuma's literally a few pages ago, and based on Doffy's Dressrosa performance, we know his bounty doesn't reflect his true strength. However, Oda did not take that consideration with Mihawk. Why? Any smart reader would know Warlord bounties are frozen, so like Doffy, Mihawk's bounty wouldn't really give us an indication of his real power. It's as if revealing Mihawk's bounty that early would affect our perception of bounties to come, or place a particular cap on them. For example, you wouldn't reveal Whitebeard's bounty in his first appearance. Doing that would deflate the hype for say Doffy's or Kuma's, and affect how high Oda can take his bounties for future characters like Jack or Katakuri.

All of this just tells me Oda wants Mihawk's bounty to be exceptionally high. I expect it to at least be above Luffy's. Nothing less than that. They were even revised, so whatever bounty Mihawk has now, it will accurately determine his worth. Something less than 1.5b is just not feasible to me. I only see Oda highlighting the fact he has no man power, yet commands so much notoriety.

Btween 1.8B to 2.2B. Can't see it being more than BB.

BB has a crew, strong-notorious and most wanted criminals working under him. Is a Yonkou, have territories. Misused Schibukai system to break into Impel Down, starting mass kiling among the Criminals and took the most dangerous ones with himself, allowing few others to also escape in the meanwhile.
Captured Ace, which also led to MF war, technically is the one who killed WB, strongest Men in One piece and stole most Dangerous Gura Gura no mi df. Is the only user with two dfs, and then fought WB commanders in thr war of best and defeated em. Attacked Revo later on in their turf acc to Newspaper report, his crew has been hunting dfs in the 2 years time period.

Compared to that Mihawk is a reasonable ma, who had his bounty frozen for most of his active years as a Pirate if he is. Remained a Schibukai all these years, so probably didn't do anything against the Marines or WG and has feats of battles of Shanks in the past, tho not a Yonkou thn. Mihawk also does cut Pirate crew to kill boredoms, and probably send back hundreds of em.

If Kaidou, Shanks, BM, WB n Roger bounties were only based on Strength, i would also given Mihawk arround 4 B bounty but that is not the case. It factors in lot of things like crew, territories, danger, acts both against Marines n WG, strength and stuff. And so far only strength seems to be in Mihawk favour.

And even with all these stuff mentioned above, BB bounty is still 2.2B, even tho he has so much more than Mihawk. BB probably already at similar lvl to Mihawk if not stronger, crew, territories, feats, acts against WG/Marines, poses great danger since aiming to become PK.
So logically i would have given Mihawk 1.4B bounty, much less than BB at best.

But i also don't see Oda doing Mihawk that way, especially since even Luffy has surpassed that benchmark and has 1.5B bounty. (tbh tho Luffy also has done a lot)

So, my personal number would be 1.9B bounty for Mihawk.