Theory Mihawk will die before fighting Zoro

Why would mihawk teach him when they fight the fk u smoking? Mihawk s training ended when zoro reached sabody
When they fight it will be a death match or u think mihawk gonna ask zoro to turn his haki off and spar
You're delusional if you think that it'll be a death battle if the fight happens as things stand right now. No matter how anyone puts it, Zoro will obviously always be grateful to him and consider him his master for making him this strong. Zoro doesn't need to kill him for him to become the WSS. He just needs to beat him and Zoro obviously won't unnecessarily kill his master, former or not. What I'm saying is to create a situation where Zoro has to kill him and is fighting for some other purpose too alongside (Evil, connected to the WG, Shanks, whatever) to make the fight more intense, emotional and engaging. What's wrong with that? Lol

Last edited:
It'll be shitty if Zoro vs Mihawk doesn't happen after all this buildup. But yeah, I really don't want the lame master-disciple duel too where Mihawk is teaching him in the middle of the fight or some bullshit like that. The best case scenario for me personally would be if he turns out to be evil or something and Zoro has to kill him. Same for Shanks and Luffy.
I think "evil" Mihawk is more forced than just giving him someone else. A shame Tashigi is probably further away than ever, because she would gladly give Zoro that heat if she could.

Shanks comes up here but there's a tone deafness in that. He's never been like Mihawk.

You're delusional if you think that it'll be a death battle if the fight happens as things stand right now. No matter how anyone puts it, Zoro will obviously always be grateful to him and consider him his master for making him this strong. Zoro doesn't need to kill him for him to become the WSS. He just needs to beat him and Zoro obviously won't unnecessarily kill his master, former or not. What I'm saying is to create a situation where Zoro has to kill him and is fighting for some other purpose too alongside (Evil, connected to the WG, Shanks, whatever) to make the fight more intense, emotional and engaging. What's wrong with that? Lol
zoro doesnt care if he was his master he would beat the shit out of mihawk eos if u think he dies by another dude ur dumbo :milaugh:
mihawk already said he will wait for zoro at the top

zoro doesnt care if he was his master he would beat the shit out of mihawk eos if u think he dies by another dude ur dumbo :milaugh:
mihawk already said he will wait for zoro at the top
?? But I already said that Mihawk dying by some other guy would be shitty af. :choppawhat:

Anyways, on beating the shit out of him, yes he'll definitely beat the shit out of Mihawk but won't unnecessarily kill him when he doesn't even need to for him to become the WSS. He isn't an ungrateful dickhead. He just needs to beat him. You aren't even reading what I said. I want him to fight Mihawk only, but if there's a situation where he needs to kill him due to some reason, the fight will be more emotionally engaging and intense. I just repeated what I said earlier. Please read the entire thing before replying next time.

?? But I already said that Mihawk dying by some other guy would be shitty af. :choppawhat:

Anyways, on beating the shit out of him, yes he'll definitely beat the shit out of Mihawk but won't unnecessarily kill him when he doesn't even need to for him to become the WSS. He isn't an ungrateful dickhead. He just needs to beat him. You aren't even reading what I said. I want him to fight Mihawk only, but if there's a situation where he needs to kill him due to some reason, the fight will be more emotionally engaging and intense. I just repeated what I said earlier. Please read the entire thing before replying next time.
He will kill Mihawk he will break Yoru to:cheers:
Mihawk already said Zoro wants his head

If it’s not Mihawk then his opponent had better be someone w a supreme black blade, there’s a reason why Mihawk has got a black blade and Zoro is trying to blacken his own. Imo that’s the pinnacle and essential to being the strongest swordsman. We don’t know what grade Shiryu’s blade is but it isn’t black and doesn’t even have a diamond sword which is something I’ve seen theorized. Gandhi theoretically has the supreme kitetsu but yet even he doesn’t have a black blade. Mihawk not only has a supreme grade but his blade is also black. Even sword god Ryuma had only great grade but at least his blade was blackened

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It'll be shitty if Zoro vs Mihawk doesn't happen after all this buildup. But yeah, I really don't want the lame master-disciple duel too where Mihawk is teaching him in the middle of the fight or some bullshit like that.
Zoro's first duel with Mihawk was never a moral confrontation. There was no clash of ideologies, no weighty ideals, there was nothing at stake except Zoro's pride.

Anyone that thinks Mihawk training Zoro cheapens Zoro vs Mihawk never understood what it was about in the first place.

The best case scenario for me personally would be if he turns out to be evil or something and Zoro has to kill him.
Now this, would be shitty writing. The pursuit of Zoro's dream doesn't need to be corrupted by moral concerns.

Zoro's first duel with Mihawk was never a moral confrontation. There was no clash of ideologies, no weighty ideals, there was nothing at stake except Zoro's pride.
I never said it was. But there is no reason to believe that it can't be much more than in their final duel. What's stopping Oda to put the whole world at stake along with his pride and how/why would it make the fight worse?

Anyone that thinks Mihawk training Zoro cheapens Zoro vs Mihawk never understood what it was about in the first place.
Nah, it doesn't. It would actually make the fight even more emotionally engaging, that is if Zoro has to kill him.

Now this, would be shitty writing. The pursuit of Zoro's dream doesn't need to be corrupted by moral concerns.
How is Zoro trying to save the world by killing Mihawk alongside him trying to beat him to also become the WSS 'corrupting his dream'? Every time he fights strong opponents, it is to be one step ahead in achieving his goal but he mainly does that to save countries. How is that any different from fighting Mihawk, just this time the world is at stake alongside his dream? If anything, it would give even more emotional weight to the duel.

Why does the whole reason for the duel have to be him trynna beat Mihawk to become the WSS?

Zoro won't kill him as things stand now. He has no reason to. He just wants to beat him to become the WSS, that's all. How is giving him a solid reason to kill Mihawk bad writing? The things going on with Imu and Shanks etc might just actually do that.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
What's stopping Oda to put the whole world at stake along with his pride and how/why would it make the fight worse?
Because the fight is about being the best, surpassing oneself and achieving perfection.

I don't want the achievement of Zoro's dream to be corrupted by other concerns. It was not what Zoro's first battle with Mihawk was about, I don't want it to be what his second battle with Mihawk is about.

I really don't want to read the kind of fight you're prescribing.

Nah, it doesn't. It would actually make the fight even more emotionally engaging, that is if Zoro has to kill him.
No, it makes the fight not about accomplishing Zoro's dream. Adding such stakes dilute the fight. Now Zoro isn't fighting for his ambition. It would make Zoro vs Mihawk not about:
  • Becoming the best
  • Achieving greatness
  • Fulfilling Zoro's promise to Mihawk
  • Fulfilling Zoro's promise to Kuina
It dilutes Zoro's original motivation for the fight.

As for it being emotionally engaging if Zoro needs to kill Mihawk, I would just feel cheated of the duel I was expecting.

You're also overstating Zoro's emotional attachment to Mihawk. He's never called him "master", and he still views Mihawk as someone he must surpass.

Why does the whole reason for the duel have to be him trynna beat Mihawk to become the WSS?
Because that's Zoro's dream. Almost every other action Zoro has done is for Luffy, I don't want beating Mihawk to be for Luffy as well.

Every time he fights strong opponents, it is to be one step ahead in achieving his goal but he mainly does that to save countries.
No, he's trying to help Luffy most of the time. He's not really consciously pushing towards his dream.

Zoro won't kill him as things stand now. He has no reason to. He just wants to beat him to become the WSS, that's all. How is giving him a solid reason to kill Mihawk bad writing? The things going on with Imu and Shanks etc might just actually do that.
Zoro was never going to kill Mihawk in the first place? Why do you want him to kill Mihawk? Mihawk didn't kill Shanks to become the WSS, not did he kill most of the swordsmen who challenged him.

You come across as wanting a particular type of fight without any care for what it means for the characters involved or proper appreciation for them.

Mihawk is not a villain and I don't want him to be made one to satisfy your idea of a cool fight.

No, he's trying to help Luffy most of the time. He's not really consciously pushing towards his dream.
No, it's not just Luffy who cares about the people. The straw hats as a whole do. Just because they don't mention it as much as Luffy doesn't mean that they're doing it just because he told them to.

I don't want beating Mihawk to be for Luffy as well.
How is he only doing it for Luffy when he fights enemies? He isn't fighting Kaido just because Luffy ordered him, he's fighting for other reasons of his own too such as wanting the people of Wano to get rid of their grief and being able to cut the supposed uncuttable.

Adding such stakes dilute the fight.
What's dilution for you is just addition for me that takes away nothing from the original motivation so I guess it's just a personal opinion on what fight you and I consider a 'good' fight for Zoro and in general.

He's not really consciously pushing towards his dream.
I don't think Zoro believes that he can beat Mihawk just by training and not fighting other strong individuals when it's a fact that haki blooms in extreme battles. Not just haki but it's a fact irl.