Theory Mihawk will die before fighting Zoro

huh? I dont want anyone stronger than who? Speak clearly

and yes it’s a stupid theory because mihawk vs zoro was established more than 900 chapters ago
Their comparison in strength was introduced. Nothing more. Zoro wants to surpass him. He does not have to fight him for that. Luffy does not have to beat Shanks and Zoro does not have to beat Mihawk. There are so many other ways to prove they are stronger

i doubt that Gorosei will go down from Mariejois to Kuraigana to fight Mihawk , forget about the Gorosei , Akainu and Kong who are below them don't do the fights .

if anyone were to fight Mihawk from the World Government and Marines , it'll be SSG or an Admiral , maybe both . i don't see Mihawk getting captured though , but he'll be overwhelmed and retreat .

if anyone were to take down Mihawk it'll be Teach , likely with an Ancient Weapon imo . but Teach won't just take down Mihawk , he'll take down Shanks as well .
Contrary to popular belief I think that Teach stands low chances against both Shanks and Mihawk due to the nature of their powers.

Also if Mihawk is killed itd mean he's not Yonkou level. If shilliew kills him that puts him on a really bad light power wise.

If they die it's gonna be against WG

I know it seems very far fetched given that Zoro's whole life aim has been to beat Mihawk and that Mihawk promised to remain at the top till Zoro challenged him, I think that Mihawk might be killed before he gets to fight Zoro. I would guess that it could perhaps be the Gorosei weilding the sword, but it could be somebody else as well.

Reasons:
1. The biggest reason I think this might happen is that Mihawk actually taught Zoro. I think their relationship has evolved to that of a teacher and student. Also Mihawk doesn't have any strong political leanings (now that the Shichibukai have been dissolved) that would put him directly in the way of the strawhats. I think that if a fight were to happen between the two, it will be too friendly or well-intentioned. Given the way the story is heading, Oda must keep increasing the stakes and the tempo of all the future events, which I'm sure he will do. A friendly duel just doesn't fit in the scheme.

2. Zoro's actual aim is to be the strongest swordsman and not to beat Mihawk. If anyone beats Mihawk, he/she would become the strongest swordsman by default and thus Zoro's ultimate target. The Gorosei with the sword makes the perfect sense in this case too. Mihawk is known to be the strongest swordsman but what if he isn't. What if the Gorosei is the strongest swordsman but its just that nobody knows about them (much like everybody thinks that celestial dragons are the rulers but the actual rulers are the Gorosei and Imu).

3. When I talk about increasing the tempo of the series, it would be much more emotional and epic to see Zoro avenging the death of his teacher by killing this person than a friendly duel with Mihawk kimself.

P.S. Mihawk is one of the strongest and collest characters. I'm just waiting to see him in a no-hold-bar fight irrespective of who he fights.

edit :
The main thing I want to highlight is that Gorosei part is not important. It could be someone else too. My main point is that Zoro defeating the strongest swordsman HAS TO BE among the top 5 most hyped moments in the series. Somehow a friendly duel between a teacher and student doesn't seem to justify those kind of emotions, especially when we already know that Zoro will win in the end. Him avenging Mihawk on the other hand could be huge.
:gonope::cr7::saitahu::nicagesmile::halt::king::goatasure::lusalty::choppawhat::christain::christugh::pepeke::hapnoel::lawsigh::kaidowhat::crocusuh::sanjimeh::crazwhat::watchout::kuzanope::queenmeme:

Contrary to popular belief I think that Teach stands low chances against both Shanks and Mihawk due to the nature of their powers.

Also if Mihawk is killed itd mean he's not Yonkou level. If shilliew kills him that puts him on a really bad light power wise.

If they die it's gonna be against WG
as i already implied , Teach would have already taken an Ancient Weapon beforehand ( Pluton ) . Aokiji might even help Mihawk and Shanks although it might be too crazy to spend 3 top tiers to hype one crew

Mihawk is a top 5 character imo ( bar Imu ) , and i don't think Shiryuu will ever get on Mihawk's level nor i do think he'll kill Mihawk after a 1v1 fair fight . even if he ends up with the WSS title , he'll be fake .

how will Shanks die against WG ? and Mihawk dying to WG is possible , i do think SSG will be ( or already was ) sent to him , but i think he'll manage to retreat somewhere and eventually visit Shanks .

as i already implied , Teach would have already taken an Ancient Weapon beforehand ( Pluton ) . Aokiji might even help Mihawk and Shanks although it might be too crazy to spend 3 top tiers to hype one crew

Mihawk is a top 5 character imo ( bar Imu ) , and i don't think Shiryuu will ever get on Mihawk's level nor i do think he'll kill Mihawk after a 1v1 fair fight . even if he ends up with the WSS title , he'll be fake .

how will Shanks die against WG ? and Mihawk dying to WG is possible , i do think SSG will be ( or already was ) sent to him , but i think he'll manage to retreat somewhere and eventually visit Shanks .
IMO we dont know the relevance of ancient weapons. For example Shirahoshi nowadays is useless and posses 0 threat against someone of a too high level. I believe this has been discussed already but with the type of power demonstrations we see, ancient weapons have been left behind.

@R A I T E I I I it looks like Teach was gunning for some "reward" the Marines were going to get , i think it was Pluton in Alabasta :

he even brought his crew with him . in comparison , he only send Burgess to get a powerful Logia - Mera Mera​
IMO we dont know the relevance of ancient weapons. For example Shirahoshi nowadays is useless and posses 0 threat against someone of a too high level. I believe this has been discussed already but with the type of power demonstrations we see, ancient weapons have been left behind.
currently she isn't that useful , but i think it was implied in Fishman Island that Luffy will be her guide ( in the Final War against the World Government ) .

not too long ago Ancient Weapons were hyped bro , Kaido called them "the greatest power in this world"

Shirahoshi is able to control Sea Kings , she is going to be relevant , her power is really potent .

either way she belongs to Luffy , the other 2 Ancient Weapons i think will belong to 2 other major players - Imu and Teach .

• Imu's is Uranus , i believe the Mariejois National Treasure is it :

here Doffy implied MNT is something so powerful that it would be enable him and his crew to take over the world

• Teach's will be Pluton . Pluton as we know of , was said to be hidden somewhere in Alabasta , and was of no use .

i doubt Oda was going to let one of world's greatest powers be of no use until the series ends , that's why i believe Blackbeard Pirates were going to get it , there is also Teach who mentioned he stand to gain the reward Marines were going go get , and Marines were having business with Alabasta :
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackbeard Pirates taking Pluton is just my speculation of course , could be wrong . i'm also wondering now how the SHs will handle it ( if BBP does get it ) .

what do you mean by "the type of power demonstrations" though ?​
Post automatically merged:

I always against the idea of Shiryu killing Mihawk to be honest. Just like how Blackbeard would off-screen an Admiral to build hype.
yeah i'm also against Shiryuu killing/defeating Mihawk , but Mihawk's position in Kuraigana is threatened don't you think ?

Marines will likely test SSG against the strongest Warlord imo , and Mihawk ain't gonna win that fight .

either way , if BBP does get Pluton like i'm believing , it's an assurance that Oda will give RHP Mihawk imo , otherwise RHP is going to get completely bulldozed .

though , Oda giving RHP Aokiji instead of Mihawk is also possible , but i'm leaning towards Mihawk .

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Man, I feel obligated to debunk this, but I just don't have the free time right now (I have a dozen other threads I would like to get to first).

I'll try to write something up later once I work through my backlog of threads.

It'll be shitty if Zoro vs Mihawk doesn't happen after all this buildup. But yeah, I really don't want the lame master-disciple duel too where Mihawk is teaching him in the middle of the fight or some bullshit like that. The best case scenario for me personally would be if he turns out to be evil or something and Zoro has to kill him. Same for Shanks and Luffy.

It'll be shitty if Zoro vs Mihawk doesn't happen after all this buildup. But yeah, I really don't want the lame master-disciple duel too where Mihawk is teaching him in the middle of the fight or some bullshit like that. The best case scenario for me personally would be if he turns out to be evil or something and Zoro has to kill him. Same for Shanks and Luffy.
Why would mihawk teach him when they fight the fk u smoking? Mihawk s training ended when zoro reached sabody
When they fight it will be a death match or u think mihawk gonna ask zoro to turn his haki off and spar