Theory Mihawk will die before fighting Zoro

Now ask this question to yourself; who is crying? The people who constantly begs for attention of the people who ignores them, and they put nonsense things in their signature, and insults other users because of a imaginary anime characters, and even when you ignore them, they continue to do this?

Or the people who ignores these trolls are crying? :suresure:

Pretty sure its the former.

It’s funny because everything he’s saying is pure facts.....

Mihawk is just not as strong as you wish him to be
I mean look at current Zoro if this guy is still not close to Mihawk then he will never be. Even his weakest East Blue version make Mihawk sweat, this post-ts especially upgraded Wano Zoro is definitely close to Mihawk, both he and his superior captain Luffy are still not close to Yonko.

Mihawk got exposed heavily.
That's a bit unfair, he's more of a rook than a pawn. :suresure:
Yeah kind of, still an underling though, and Mihawk will be surpassed by an underling at the end of the day.

I know it seems very far fetched given that Zoro's whole life aim has been to beat Mihawk and that Mihawk promised to remain at the top till Zoro challenged him, I think that Mihawk might be killed before he gets to fight Zoro. I would guess that it could perhaps be the Gorosei weilding the sword, but it could be somebody else as well.

Reasons:
1. The biggest reason I think this might happen is that Mihawk actually taught Zoro. I think their relationship has evolved to that of a teacher and student. Also Mihawk doesn't have any strong political leanings (now that the Shichibukai have been dissolved) that would put him directly in the way of the strawhats. I think that if a fight were to happen between the two, it will be too friendly or well-intentioned. Given the way the story is heading, Oda must keep increasing the stakes and the tempo of all the future events, which I'm sure he will do. A friendly duel just doesn't fit in the scheme.

2. Zoro's actual aim is to be the strongest swordsman and not to beat Mihawk. If anyone beats Mihawk, he/she would become the strongest swordsman by default and thus Zoro's ultimate target. The Gorosei with the sword makes the perfect sense in this case too. Mihawk is known to be the strongest swordsman but what if he isn't. What if the Gorosei is the strongest swordsman but its just that nobody knows about them (much like everybody thinks that celestial dragons are the rulers but the actual rulers are the Gorosei and Imu).

3. When I talk about increasing the tempo of the series, it would be much more emotional and epic to see Zoro avenging the death of his teacher by killing this person than a friendly duel with Mihawk kimself.

P.S. Mihawk is one of the strongest and collest characters. I'm just waiting to see him in a no-hold-bar fight irrespective of who he fights.

edit :
The main thing I want to highlight is that Gorosei part is not important. It could be someone else too. My main point is that Zoro defeating the strongest swordsman HAS TO BE among the top 5 most hyped moments in the series. Somehow a friendly duel between a teacher and student doesn't seem to justify those kind of emotions, especially when we already know that Zoro will win in the end. Him avenging Mihawk on the other hand could be huge.
this crossed my mind just recently...

as much as i don't want it to be the case... oda might make it happen

I mean look at current Zoro if this guy is still not close to Mihawk then he will never be. Even his weakest East Blue version make Mihawk sweat, this post-ts especially upgraded Wano Zoro is definitely close to Mihawk, both he and his superior captain Luffy are still not close to Yonko.
Just want to remind you that pre-ts zoro endure knife slashes mix with 2 yoru slashes
Wano zoro is obviously close to mihawk they keep denying it though
Vista whos weaker than wano zoro can go equal footing with him