Future Events Mihawk will Join Shanks as ally

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Because it is used as a way to downplay Mihawk as a character and as a fighter.
It is not genuine take on the future or the plot implications that the character will have.
It does not downplay Mihawk as a character to team up with one of the few characters in the series he has respect and a relationship with.

What other ideas do people have for Mihawk? What do people actually think he's going to do for the rest of the series? Float around totally disconnected from the plot then show up out of the blue and have a fight with Zoro?

It does not downplay Mihawk as a character to team up with one of the few characters in the series he has respect and a relationship with.

What other ideas do people have for Mihawk? What do people actually think he's going to do for the rest of the series? Float around totally disconnected from the plot then show up out of the blue and have a fight with Zoro?
Why Mihawk would team up with Shanks? Do he seems to be the kind guy who will team up with his rival? What goal he will try to achieve by teaming up with Shanks?
Especially after he was despising Zoro to ask for his help?

It is not like Mihawk care about BB’s ascension or the WG shenanigans. So team up for what exactly? To do what he was already doing by himself when before joining the Shishibukai ?

I don’t know what Oda have in store for Mihawk but I would not limit the possibilities by lack of imagination.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Why Mihawk would team up with Shanks? Do he seems to be the kind guy who will team up with his rival? What goal he will try to achieve by teaming up with Shanks?
He's the kind of guy who accepted being under World Goverment command, so yeah, I don't think he'd be bothered allying with his friend.

As to why? Don't think it would be for some great reason. He'll meet up with Shanks, shoot the shit, Shanks will mention he's expecting to see Luffy any day now and hey, that suits Mihawk as well, given the only two pirates that interest him in the modern era are Luffy and Zoro.
He was disappointed in Zoro because he thought he was too weak to beat fodder and had to beg for help. He then gave Zoro help happily- literally the happiest we've ever seen Mihawk- when he found out why.

So no, I don't think it would somehow diminish Mihawk to team up with Shanks. If Kaido and Big Mom, or Blackbeard and Kuzan, can do it, so can those two.

J

Jo_Ndule

It is not like Mihawk care about BB’s ascension or the WG shenanigans. So team up for what exactly? To do what he was already doing by himself when before joining the Shishibukai ?

I don’t know what Oda have in store for Mihawk but I would not limit the possibilities by lack of imagination.
Your problem
I can even say buggy will Ally with Shanks too
Whether you veleirv mohawk is superior or not, Rivals have been shown teaming up against coming enemy or for coming goal:
Roger and Garp
Kaido and BM
Luffy Law Kidd...

Even Kuzan ex marine, allied with Teach

Why do you find it a problem?

He's the kind of guy who accepted being under World Goverment command, so yeah, I don't think he'd be bothered allying with his friend.

As to why? Don't think it would be for some great reason. He'll meet up with Shanks, shoot the shit, Shanks will mention he's expecting to see Luffy any day now and hey, that suits Mihawk as well, given the only two pirates that interest him in the modern era are Luffy and Zoro.

He was disappointed in Zoro because he thought he was too weak to beat fodder and had to beg for help. He then gave Zoro help happily- literally the happiest we've ever seen Mihawk- when he found out why.

So no, I don't think it would somehow diminish Mihawk to team up with Shanks. If Kaido and Big Mom, or Blackbeard and Kuzan, can do it, so can those two.
Mihawk worked with (not under) the WG because he was bored. Now he is not bored anymore, he is excited to be chase again so he is not in the same mindset. Furthermore if working with Shanks was not an issue why he reach for the WG in the first place?

So what you are saying is that Mihawk will team up with Shanks just because he happened to be there? So why just not stay alone like he always do?

Big Mom and Kaido have common goal and Kuzan is probably projecting to betray BB at one point.
The thing is there is no reason for Mihawk to ally himself with Shanks except for the convenience of them to be together when meeting either Luffy and Zoro or BB and Shiliew.

Your problem
I can even say buggy will Ally with Shanks too
Whether you veleirv mohawk is superior or not, Rivals have been shown teaming up against coming enemy or for coming goal:
Roger and Garp
Kaido and BM
Luffy Law Kidd...

Even Kuzan ex marine, allied with Teach

Why do you find it a problem?
All of them allied themselves together because their aim for a common goal. What common goal Shanks and Mihawk are aiming for?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Mihawk worked with (not under) the WG because he was bored.
Mihawk is very much the subordinate partner in that deal, far more than he'd be in a friendly alliance with Shanks
Furthermore if working with Shanks was not an issue why he reach for the WG in the first place?
Because times change, and so do people. Mihawk and Shanks used to fight each other up and down the Grand Line.

Now they're both, more than anything, waiting to see what the next generation- Luffy and Zoro- can do. They're not brash young men anymore.

The world stage and the Balance of Power is also going to be in an unprecedented level of chaos now, and it directly effects Mihawk. The World Gov is actively hunting him, they have a brand new superweapon for the purpose of replacing the entire Warlords, his protege is soon coming to the level where he's going to surpass him and Mihawk is also very interested in seeing what Luffy will accomplish.

So what you are saying is that Mihawk will team up with Shanks just because he happened to be there? So why just not stay alone like he always do?
Because staying by himself doesn't advance the plot or the character in the slightest. What, are we never going to see Mihawk and Shanks together again? Is he just going to sail around in his boat, interacting with no one until he one day shows up, has a fight with Zoro and loses?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
One of the most obvious plot that many dont wanna admit yet
Mihawk serves no purpose anymore, he isnt an enemy nor linked with WG anymore, he doesnt add anything to the plot since he barely does a thing, for him to be relevant he needs to join a bigger organisation.

Draquitter Posthawk will become Shanks ally soon, Shanks will save him from Marines and Mihawk will help Shanks versus Teach pirates where both will lose and might even perish

This thread isnt about "who is stronger between the two" but Mihawk joining Shanks.

Will it happen? How will Shanks convince Mihawk? Will Shanks save Mihawk from SSG or Navy?
:giogio:

Why do you gotta insult him?

But I think you're wrong. Mihawk has a very real link to Perona, and Perona is running off for Moriah.. Who last we saw, was being attacked (and oddly enough recruited) by the Blackbeard pirates. If Shanks and Mihawk do join forces, this'll be the reason for it. It definitely won't be Mihawk buddying up with Shanks because he's no longer a Shichibukai, nor will he be putting himself under Shanks.

G

Gran D. Master

Nothing. Zoro wants to be the strongest swordsman.

If somebody actually proves themselves better than Mihawk and beats him, then that person becomes Zoro's target. Zoro then surpasses Mihawk by doing what Mihawk couldn't.
That would only be the case if Shiryu is the one to defeat Mihawk, and he would have to do so in a fair 1v1 fight without any cheap tricks or outside interventions, i.e. a fair duel, which is completely not in BB pirates' style.

Mihawk is very much the subordinate partner in that deal, far more than he'd be in a friendly alliance with Shanks

Because times change, and so do people. Mihawk and Shanks used to fight each other up and down the Grand Line.

Now they're both, more than anything, waiting to see what the next generation- Luffy and Zoro- can do. They're not brash young men anymore.

The world stage and the Balance of Power is also going to be in an unprecedented level of chaos now, and it directly effects Mihawk. The World Gov is actively hunting him, they have a brand new superweapon for the purpose of replacing the entire Warlords, his protege is soon coming to the level where he's going to surpass him and Mihawk is also very interested in seeing what Luffy will accomplish.

Because staying by himself doesn't advance the plot or the character in the slightest. What, are we never going to see Mihawk and Shanks together again? Is he just going to sail around in his boat, interacting with no one until he one day shows up, has a fight with Zoro and loses?
He was the one reaching for them and for what was convey to is he very scarcely answer to their call. Which I do not see as being a subordinate. But it is matter of POV I guess.

Yeah but none of this actually justified why he would ally himself with Shanks. Especially after saying that he was excited to be chase again. Allying himself with one of the Yonko will cut the chase.

The thing is you(and others) do not see any other way for Mihawk to be involve in the plot, it is basically the lack of imagination that lead to the more convenient solution. But Oda as shown that 1/ he can subvert expectations 2/he is not afraid to introduce new plot line even this late in the story.

Therefore i will not pass to him to do something unexpected with Mihawk.
Mihawk is the only character in One Piece to have his own custom sound effect, I think that means that Oda particularly care about him.