MLB Discussion Thread

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Predictions for tonight and the series in general?

@Cutty Jewboy @Noyman @RecoomeBoom @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor

I think Houston wins this one, but I think the Phillies have a shot at knocking Verlander out early.

On a side note, I'm a fucking Yankees fan (I'm from NYC) and man am I pissed and embarrassed rn, lmao. Hoping the Phillies can pull this one off. Fuck the Astros.
Even though they look like the stronger team, Houston has faced two different NL East teams in the last five years and both the Nationals AND the Braves caught them sleeping…I know everyone says they’re the favorites and they should be, but that’s by no means a guarantee. I’ll say Astros in six, but honestly, any other outcome wouldn’t surprise me.

Even though they look like the stronger team, Houston has faced two different NL East teams in the last five years and both the Nationals AND the Braves caught them sleeping…I know everyone says they’re the favorites and they should be, but that’s by no means a guarantee. I’ll say Astros in six, but honestly, any other outcome wouldn’t surprise me.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised either.

3 of Houston's 4 best hitters haven't really done anything in the playoffs. Yordan was insane in the ALDS but his bat went completely cold in the CS. Altuve and Tucker have done absolutely nothing. Only Bregman has been productive, but it's still crazy that they haven't lost a game in spite of that.

If it continues, I feel like it'll catch up to them here especially with how the Phillies' big guys have been coming through for them all month

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised either.

3 of Houston's 4 best hitters haven't really done anything in the playoffs. Yordan was insane in the ALDS but his bat went completely cold in the CS. Altuve and Tucker have done absolutely nothing. Only Bregman has been productive, but it's still crazy that they haven't lost a game in spite of that.

If it continues, I feel like it'll catch up to them here especially with how the Phillies' big guys have been coming through for them all month
Yeah, Altuve being virtually dead at the plate just means they’ll be that much more dangerous if he comes to life…but Harper and Schwarber et al. don’t need to worry about hypotheticals when they’re mashing like crazy in reality. Unrelated to the quoted post, you’re a Yankees fan; how badly do you want Boone gone? I don’t think he’s entirely to blame for the swan dive, but they were on pace for a crazy season and just flamed out so hard in the second half. Derek Jeter is and had always been my favorite player, so I’ve always considered myself a Yankees fan by proxy, and I think Aaron’s cooked, they need some new blood.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
World Series is probably the only time I feel excited about Baseball. I'm not from America nor am I a long-time follower but I really can't enjoy the regular season.

It's not exciting and fun when team A plays team B 234542342 times a season.

Yeah, Altuve being virtually dead at the plate just means they’ll be that much more dangerous if he comes to life…but Harper and Schwarber et al. don’t need to worry about hypotheticals when they’re mashing like crazy in reality. Unrelated to the quoted post, you’re a Yankees fan; how badly do you want Boone gone? I don’t think he’s entirely to blame for the swan dive, but they were on pace for a crazy season and just flamed out so hard in the second half. Derek Jeter is and had always been my favorite player, so I’ve always considered myself a Yankees fan by proxy, and I think Aaron’s cooked, they need some new blood.
Tbh, I would much rather see Cashman fired than Boone...although I wouldn't mind seeing a managerial change either. I saw a comparison chart the other day showing the Yankees' front office and the Astros' front office, and pretty much every Yankee executive has been there since the 90's/early 2000's (even the 80's in Cashman's case) while the Astros have an entire panel of young people employed in the last 5-6 years. It's time for a change.

On paper, the Yankees have seemingly put together championship-caliber teams for the last ~6 years and they haven't even made one World Series appearance in that span of time. They've just gotta be doing something wrong here from a team-construction standpoint...

World Series is probably the only time I feel excited about Baseball. I'm not from America nor am I a long-time follower but I really can't enjoy the regular season.

It's not exciting and fun when team A plays team B 234542342 times a season.
@Seth

I feel that. I kinda started out the same way, but I eventually got more interested in advanced stats for players and it somehow made watching the sport much more interesting to me. Still, I think baseball is better enjoyed (at least in the regular season) as a passive activity where I put it on in the background while I'm doing work or something.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Tbh, I would much rather see Cashman fired than Boone...although I wouldn't mind seeing a managerial change either. I saw a comparison chart the other day showing the Yankees' front office and the Astros' front office, and pretty much every Yankee executive has been there since the 90's/early 2000's (even the 80's in Cashman's case) while the Astros have an entire panel of young people employed in the last 5-6 years. It's time for a change.

On paper, the Yankees have seemingly put together championship-caliber teams for the last ~6 years and they haven't even made one World Series appearance in that span of time. They've just gotta be doing something wrong here from a team-construction standpoint...

@Seth

I feel that. I kinda started out the same way, but I eventually got more interested in advanced stats for players and it somehow made watching the sport much more interesting to me. Still, I think baseball is better enjoyed (at least in the regular season) as a passive activity where I put it on in the background while I'm doing work or something.
I saw that same chart, man, and I couldn’t agree more; Cashman’s done amazing work in the Bronx, but none of it has come in the last 15 years. In that same span, they’ve watched teams like the Rays and Guardians and even the fucking Royals go as far into multiple postseasons as them, if not further, with a fraction of the payroll, so I think it’s less Billy Beane’s shit that doesn’t work in the playoffs anymore and more Brian’s…

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

@Seth

Are you telling me the current setup of the regular season is like "Stats for nerds" option on Chrome?
:milaugh:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Man went to the game and sat in the 2nd row.

Happens to be the second no hitter in World Series history. It's just unbelievable :shame::shame:
Wtf that's amazing. I wouldn't even be mad, that's history right there.

Not talking about the game btw, but the curse jk

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yes, and it's all TAC's fault :josad:
Literally everything that happens is his fault, the best thing about this is that he’s probably crying into a cheesesteak right now:gokulaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Also, my supervisor at work is a Phillies diehard…I told him today that I didn’t think the series would go back to Houston, and tomorrow he’s doing my monthly audit that determines how big my bonus is :crazwhat::hope::quest: