Questions & Mysteries "My audience will not be satisfied if Luffy defeats Kaido just because his punch is so strong"-Eichirro Oda [Paraphrased]

Did Oda Let Himself Down?

• Total voters
Not really. At the time of that quote, he hadn’t introduced FS. That’s one of the ways Luffy will beat Kaido. The others on the rooftop are playing a role in taking down Kaido, that’s nothing to do with Luffy’s punch. Ryou hadn’t been introduced yet either. Big Mom could play a massive role in Kaido’s defeat if she backstabs him. These are all things that are more than “punching really hard.”

It was always going to come down to Luffy, at one stage, punching Kaido into submission, but that’s not what Oda was talking about,
Why are people acting like Kaido got defeated already? Oda not wrong until the end of Wano

When Kaido first showed up -> Right after Doflamingo's defeat. He was clearly referring to King Kong Gun, and said that his audience wouldn't be satisfied if Kaido was defeated the exact same way.

But yeah "the audience" is a crucial part of that quote. He just wanted to give Luffy something extra to make it more believable.

He just meant Luffy cant 1V1 him tbh

Which is right.

And he won't.
Please shut up. That's not what he meant. Go read Kid's quote. It's word for word referring to Oda.

"Just because his punch is so strong" -> "I can't believe a punch damaged Kaido"

I think you missed the point of Luffy's haki training in Wano, because, Luffy's training did not make his punches stronger or his haki stronger.

The main point of the Luffy vs Kaido fight in Kuri was to showcase that physical blows which are Luffy's form of fighting are useless against Kaido, regardless of how strong his haki is.

Advanced Ryou as it has been explained has nothing to do with physical blows, Luffy could literally just place his hand on Kaido using this haki and still hurt him. Its all about transferring the haki into Kaido, as we saw when Luffy took the handcuffs off, Luffy's punches are just the medium of transferring the haki.

Expecting him to start using palm attacks (similar to Sengoku in his Buddha form), is expecting him to change his fighting style altogether.

I take it as the most obvious way where Oda simply means Luffy winning ALONE just because he got a stronger punch, which is already not the case when you remember that he got 4 supernovas by his side now + the 9 Scabbards who already fought before and then we still might get Sanji and Jinbe as the crew other big fighters, Marco, Yamato, X-Drake to add another Supernova and maybe Scabbards return injuried.
So far Oda is being consistent with this statement and it's taking 10+ people to face him and he is yet to take a serious major damage.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I expect Zoro to entertain me greatly in the upcoming fight.

My future sight is still too weak to know if the fights going to let me down.

Im guessing it’ll be more of a team collaboration in that case, with Kidd and Luffy punching him pretty hard with some interference from the other supernova here or there.
Stop expecting Kidd to outperform Zoro.
:kriwhat:

J

Jo_Ndule

I expect Zoro to entertain me greatly in the upcoming fight.

Stop expecting Kidd to outperform Zoro.
:kriwhat:
:milaugh:the battle started
Zoro is yet to outperform Killer
That's not a good sign.

Next chapter will be the same :
Killer and Zoro keep doing combo attacks
While kidd , law and Luffy do their solo attacks after one another

1003- 1004 they all lose.

Zoro should pray that he doesn't get to reopen the scar with Killer

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
:milaugh:the battle started
That's not a good sign.

Next chapter will be the same :
Killer and Zoro keep doing combo attacks
While kidd , law and Luffy do their solo attacks after one another

1003- 1004 they all lose.

Zoro should pray that he doesn't get to reopen the scar with Killer
I think you're wrong and don't care to debate it further. I'll let the manga settle the score.

Since the main point is still Luffy, the solution will come from Luffy's own power-up then. Haki laserbeams or haki domains or DF Awakening whatever. This should come as natural imo, and if many think that the main solution is other fighters, especially their own favorite fighters other than Luffy, well i think Oda just will not give someone as important as the WSC - that even wants to be PK - to any other person.

the battle started
That's not a good sign.
He already did tho
He blitzed two Yonko
Damaged Kaido
Cut Prometheus in half

While all Killer did was strike Kaido from the side while he is defending against Zoro.

So how did he not out perform Killer? Do you even know what out perform means?

He outperformed both Kidd and Killer (And Law)