Questions & Mysteries "My audience will not be satisfied if Luffy defeats Kaido just because his punch is so strong"-Eichirro Oda [Paraphrased]

Did Oda Let Himself Down?

• Total voters
Harder, stronger, whatever. You know what I meant. Substituting harder for stronger doesn't change anything regarding my statement but of course cult fanbase will always try to find the tiniest mistake to nitpick and say "you see, you're wrong. Oda didn't say that".

Read my comment again, but slower and carefully because you are having a really hard time understanding it.
I think you have a hard time understanding Oda, not us you. Oda's comments were made with respect to 2016 Luffy, not current Luffy.

He said in 2016 Luffy as is is not enough. ("When Kaido first appeared, I said Luffy is not ready yet"). He never said Luffy won't punch hard, or won't defeat Kaido with a strong punch. He said he needs more things (just because) when compared to his 2016 version.

For the 893rd time, "just because" doesn't negate the clause. He didn't say Luffy wouldn't punch him hard. It implies additional reasons ON TOP of it.

I think you have a hard time understanding Oda, not us you. Oda's comments were made with respect to 2016 Luffy, not current Luffy.

He said in 2016 Luffy as is is not enough. ("When Kaido first appeared, I said Luffy is not ready yet"). He never said Luffy won't punch hard, or won't defeat Kaido with a strong punch. He said he needs more things (just because) when compared to his 2016 version.

For the 893rd time, "just because" doesn't negate the clause. He didn't say Luffy wouldn't punch him hard. It implies additional reasons ON TOP of it.
Sigh.... lol dude, relax take a deep breathe and carefully read my post. You keep repeating yourself, arguing over a claim that I never made. I never said what you just claimed. Like I said, for the third time now, reread my post carefully.

Oda’s statement is still true. Luffy is beating Kaido due to his CoC/Adv CoA haki use and not because he has a stronger punch.

You can find a multitude of reasons why Kaido is going to lose beyond Luffy having a stronger punch. Yet the forum members here constantly repeat this quote as if it means something.:whitepress:
Because they are dumb