The excuses are absolutely absurd, just because the One Piece Fandom likes recent chapters and the MHA Fandom on the average dislikes them doesn't mean shit...

As if bringing up One Piece or one of those new gen Shonen makes MHA look better:suresure:

How can anyone defend Twerk champion Mirio,
Dying but not actually dying Bakugo o... Sorry Kachan or Serial killer and misunderstood Victim Toga....

Last but not least writing something like ,,Midori ya was overpowered since the beginning"
Is just a lame excuse while bringing up and critcizing other series.

If anyone wants to read how you can make an absolutely hardworking Protagonist while not at the same time being called a Genius but actually has no Braincells, then MHA Vigilantes is the better series by far

But I guess Wankers gotta wank...

Edit:Sorry wrong Post but you what I mean:kata:
I’m just wondering what your standards are when you’re criticizing mha? I’m saying it’s undeserving of the amount of hate it gets because despite it not being perfect, it’s better than most series in its genre.
Post automatically merged:

Anyways Mha was never about hard work. We learn this in chapter 1. Deku is useless without a quirk.

All Might said it himself. Whether or not you are a top hero is significantly dependent on your quirk. Your quirk literally defines the path of your life. This is a constant theme in MHA.

Deku was given the strongest quirk. His powers are inherently unearned. We even had a chapter where Deku outright admits it’s all due to luck that he is where he is.

I think if you’re approach is that power ups=bad, then your never going to enjoy anything in Shonen.

imo bad power ups ruin the tension of the story. Like when Luffy gets a new PU every time kaido beats him, essentially showing that it’s impossible for Luffy to ever lose.

MHA’s power ups aren’t like that. Shigaraki’s powers have always shitted on Deku’s. Deku literally has to go all out just to fight shigaraki using 1% of his power.

Ultimately, this is an action comic. It’s like superman. The point is watching the superhero beat up monsters and villains. MHA does that well. The characters have cool powers, the art is good, it’s fast paced(albeit maybe a bit rushed). That’s the point.

Last edited:
I told you.

Neither Deku or Shigaraki did anything crazy that would put Prime Might to shame. Sick All Might could achieve the feats Deku is performing if he had enough embers left. Prime Might is WAY WAY stronger than Sick Might.

Shigaraki with his "Prime Might strength" had problems destroying buildings.

Sick post prime All Might destroyed building in U.A training facility while also wearing the bracelets that lower ur power.

I understand going by the statements, I use such arguments too but there is also something like on panel proof.

Only thing Shigaraki did which was impressive is that massive Decay.
On proof panel wise we have stuff like Shiggy simply jumping up into the air causing the entirety of UA to shake, and tanking several super strong attacks directly to the face as if they were nothing. I think that more than qualifies for strength on par with All Might.

Shiggy with prime all might level strength has not had trouble destroying buildings. He hasn't punched a building or used his strength full destructively without it getting blocked or countered.

Scaling is always inconsistent(scaling being the actual visuals portraying their power). For example, All Might's punch on the sludge monster is nowhere near as powerful as his final blow against AFO, but his punch on the sludge monster changed the weather. At the same time, the punch on the sludge monster didn't do anywhere near the collateral damage as All Might's other attacks.

So again, scaling has always been hyper inconsistent.

Another example is star and stripes. Her giant laser beam canon that was pinning Shigaraki and that near high end nomu to the ground is super visually impressive, but its actually way weaker than Endeavour's prominence burn despite being a ton more visually impressive.

Based on?
Old am punch changed the weather
Shigaraki cant even do shit lol
Heck old am beats quirkless shigaraki let s not talk about prime
Also when leku can do 100 fine he surpasses am

Shigaraki saying he s prime am level doesnt mean anything his feats way below even old am
Its based on literally everyone saying and treating as fact that Shiggy is comparable to prime all might. Both the heroes and villains consider Shiggy without quirks on par with All Might's prime, and with quirks, he is considered a villain even All Might would not be able to defeat.

Also, again, back to my scale argument. The punch that changed the weather was nowhere near All Might's strongest punch in the series, and even though it changed the weather, it didn't have much collateral, and even the blowback from the force of the collission wasn't anything special.

Quirkless Shiggy right now is much much stronger than old AFO, who was on par with Old All Might. These are just the facts of the manga.

Again, its not just Shiggy who is saying this. Its the doctor, its Endeavour, its best Jeanist, its the US fighter team, its All Might himself.

Its just a fact that Shiggy without quirks is on par in terms of strength and speed with prime all might(as well as toughness).

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
On proof panel wise we have stuff like Shiggy simply jumping up into the air causing the entirety of UA to shake, and tanking several super strong attacks directly to the face as if they were nothing. I think that more than qualifies for strength on par with All Might.

Shiggy with prime all might level strength has not had trouble destroying buildings. He hasn't punched a building or used his strength full destructively without it getting blocked or countered.

Scaling is always inconsistent(scaling being the actual visuals portraying their power). For example, All Might's punch on the sludge monster is nowhere near as powerful as his final blow against AFO, but his punch on the sludge monster changed the weather. At the same time, the punch on the sludge monster didn't do anywhere near the collateral damage as All Might's other attacks.

So again, scaling has always been hyper inconsistent.

Another example is star and stripes. Her giant laser beam canon that was pinning Shigaraki and that near high end nomu to the ground is super visually impressive, but its actually way weaker than Endeavour's prominence burn despite being a ton more visually impressive.
Shigaraki is not impressive, it's not hard to be consistent when he has all the power-ups given to him. Still, he had problems with freaking buildings + losers like Nejiro and Tamaki could fight him for a period of time. Okay without decay but he had apparently PM power still.

Star and Stripes did all of that and Prime All Might is still tier above her and Shigaraki.

Prime Might is different breed.

I’m just wondering what your standards are when you’re criticizing mha? I’m saying it’s undeserving of the amount of hate it gets because despite it not being perfect, it’s better than most series in its genre.

Anyways Mha was never about hard work. We learn this in chapter 1. Deku is useless without a quirk.

All Might said it himself. Whether or not you are a top hero is significantly dependent on your quirk. Your quirk literally defines the path of your life. This is a constant theme in MHA.

Deku was given the strongest quirk. His powers are inherently unearned. We even had a chapter where Deku outright admits it’s all due to luck that he is where he is.

I think if you’re approach is that power ups=bad, then your never going to enjoy anything in Shonen.

imo bad power ups ruin the tension of the story. Like when Luffy gets a new PU every time kaido beats him, essentially showing that it’s impossible for Luffy to ever lose.

MHA’s power ups aren’t like that. Shigaraki’s powers have always shitted on Deku’s. Deku literally has to go all out just to fight shigaraki using 1% of his power.

Ultimately, this is an action comic. It’s like superman. The point is watching the superhero beat up monsters and villains. MHA does that well. The characters have cool powers, the art is good, it’s fast paced(albeit maybe a bit rushed). That’s the point.
I don't think MHA is a terribly fanatastic series, but its a pretty solid shonen. For me, I'm sort of confused why everyone is dog piling on this final arc when I'd say its still turning out to be one of the stronger arcs in the series. Thus far, I'd say its been much stronger than the Overhaul arc was. The structure for the action in the arc is a lot better done, and I think it has a lot of fantastic character moments already with more still to come. It also doesn't immediately undercut the threat the villains pose like what happened with Overhaul, and the antagonists and confrontations are just generally more interesting than in Overhaul(partially due to the villains in the final arc being more established, but thats still a strength).

Shigaraki is not impressive, it's not hard to be consistent when he has all the power-ups given to him. Still, he had problems with freaking buildings + losers like Nejiro and Tamaki could fight him for a period of time. Okay without decay but he had apparently PM power still.

Star and Stripes did all of that and Prime All Might is still tier above her and Shigaraki.

Prime Might is different breed.
Star and Stripe physically is not as strong as All Might, but by the time Star and Stripe fought Shigaraki, Shigaraki was already more powerful than prime All Might and prime AFO.

My point was that despite the massive scale for Star and Stripe's attacks, they were still objectively weaker than something someone like Endeavour could pull off.

Prime All Might and Prime AFO are pretty much directly comparable. Prime All Might beat prime AFO to near death, but also suffered a near mortal wound in the process.

Right now, with Quirks, Shiggy is miles more powerful than both of them ever were. Without his quirks, he is still comparable to All Might.

Also, old All Might for me isn't terribly impressive. Even in the license exam when he was nerfed someone like Bakugo way back in the beginning of the series could still blow All Might back with his full power attacks, and Deku actually managed to stagger Old All Might a bit with a punch to the face at 5%.

Old AFO, who was on par with old All Might, just flat out lost to Endeavour who was being helped by Hawks, Jiro and Tokoyami. Hawks and Endeavour by themselves were more than capable of giving old AFO a hard time.

All Might is not the invincible paragon he used to be for the series power wise. Thats all there is to it.

Last edited:
I don't think MHA is a terribly fanatastic series, but its a pretty solid shonen. For me, I'm sort of confused why everyone is dog piling on this final arc when I'd say its still turning out to be one of the stronger arcs in the series. Thus far, I'd say its been much stronger than the Overhaul arc was. The structure for the action in the arc is a lot better done, and I think it has a lot of fantastic character moments already with more still to come. It also doesn't immediately undercut the threat the villains pose like what happened with Overhaul, and the antagonists and confrontations are just generally more interesting than in Overhaul(partially due to the villains in the final arc being more established, but thats still a strength).
It just seems like so much of the criticism is just nitpicking or people just whining for the sake of it. Like with "Horikoshi ruined Deku by making him too perfect and too overpowered."
Yes, that's the point. Deku is the superman of his verse. Not only was this always supposed to happen, we knew this would happen since like chapter 2 when he got All Might's quirk. The story literally does not function unless Deku is what he is.

"Why can't he have more flaws? why can't his powers be more earned?" There are literally two characters that are supposed to embody this, those being Enji and Bakugo. Both are flawed people who became top heroes primarily due to their hard work, in contrast with All Might/Deku, who were gifted the best quirk of all time.
Enji's hero name is literally "endeavor". His quirk has a massive downside. He is who he is today because he spent years obsessing over being the #1 hero. This obsession led him to make mistakes, which destroyed his family. And his arc is reconciling those mistakes.

Overall, I feel like mha dealt with this concept way better than one piece. Honestly I think Enji and Bakugo are far better written than any of the failed pirate kings in one piece. The only foil to Luffy is Kid, but Kid might as well be a non-canon character, given how much attention Oda gives him.

The biggest issue with mha is that a lot of the arcs have been rushed. But honestly, the art is better than most titles in jump.

It just seems like so much of the criticism is just nitpicking or people just whining for the sake of it. Like with "Horikoshi ruined Deku by making him too perfect and too overpowered."
Yes, that's the point. Deku is the superman of his verse. Not only was this always supposed to happen, we knew this would happen since like chapter 2 when he got All Might's quirk. The story literally does not function unless Deku is what he is.
For me, Deku is fine, but I think he did grow a bit less interesting the more powerful he became. For me, a lot of the appeal of Deku early on is that Deku's abilities needed to be used really smartly and he was often the underdog in every fight he went into. As the series has gone on, that has become the case less and less. I don't think this ruined Deku's character, I just don't find him as compelling as I once did, and he was never really my favourite character anyway.

"Why can't he have more flaws? why can't his powers be more earned?" There are literally two characters that are supposed to embody this, those being Enji and Bakugo. Both are flawed people who became top heroes primarily due to their hard work, in contrast with All Might/Deku, who were gifted the best quirk of all time.
Enji's hero name is literally "endeavor". His quirk has a massive downside. He is who he is today because he spent years obsessing over being the #1 hero. This obsession led him to make mistakes, which destroyed his family. And his arc is reconciling those mistakes.
I think most people say that about his extra quirks, but TBH, the series doesn't need more training arc bullshit. It would have been incredibly awkward off the back of a massive war to go back to Deku just learning to use his quirks. Also, most of his extra quirks don't warrant a training arc.

I think the stuff we got in the villain hunt arc where we see Deku make mistakes while using his new quirks are fine enough for me.(for example, against Muscular, he overuses smokescreen, or against Nagant he uses too many quirks and can't move for a bit)

Overall, I feel like mha dealt with this concept way better than one piece. Honestly I think Enji and Bakugo are far better written than any of the failed pirate kings in one piece. The only foil to Luffy is Kid, but Kid might as well be a non-canon character, given how much attention Oda gives him.
I don't really care for Bakugo personally, but Endeavour is my favourite character and I'd say he is definitely more complex and nuanced than any One Piece character.

For me, One Piece characters have a very different appeal. The thing that makes One Piece characters feel alive is there grounding in the events of the world itself. Pretty much every character is connected to something and someone in a way that makes everything feel connected and substantial, which is something I really appreciate. It definitely makes up for the series not having particularly complex character arcs, and makes even the side characters a ton more interesting.

MHA does this to some extent, but nowhere near as well. For example, Mina and Kirishima have this really awesome flashback together that deeply ties them to Gigantomachia, but before that flashback, despite the two of them having been in the same class for 130 chapters, we were given no indication that Mina or Kirishima had anything going on with each other before that point. Its objectively a cool thing, but its just not well set up.

Same could be said for Best Jeanist and Edgeshot being school friends. In the main series, that just had zero real set up.

The biggest issue with mha is that a lot of the arcs have been rushed. But honestly, the art is better than most titles in jump.
Pretty much agree with this.

Just going to reuse this paragraph I wrote earlier.

"I think for me, a bigger problem with MHA is that sometimes the arcs feel too fast paced and don't provide enough down time to set up character stuff for side characters until literally the last moment. I'm thinking about this in regards to the aftermath of the war and Mina in particular. In an arc about Deku desperately trying to avoid a repeat of the first war arc, highlighting his trauma, I feel like it would have been more impactful if 1A reached out to Deku after confronting their own traumatic experiences from the war. That to me sort of felt a bit brushed over."

Overall, I'm generally liking how this final arc is turning out. I still think its definitely shaping up to be a pretty solid arc, especially since we haven't actually gotten to the "key highlights" yet.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Post war (the first) arc MHA lost me a great deal.

Way too rushed, everything happened way too fast, everything was introduced and cast aside in quick succession.

MHA is not a bad série at all but could have been so much better. It had real potential. This show deserved 500/600 chapters. At least 50/60 more. A solid arc after the first war.

My investment in the characters (except goat Endy) went downhill fast.

It’s still not a bad show now but it’s clearly average but great characters here and there, solid art, and nice feats.

Even horikoshi wanted to make one more arc but didn’t have the time. A shame, the cool down would have been much appreciated

I think the arc where Deku went off on his own was way too rushed. I think that part should have lasted for a significant period of time. We should have seen Deku mastering Fa Jin and gear shift. We should have also seen Deku slowly emerge as the next all might, before his fight with shigaraki.

Post war (the first) arc MHA lost me a great deal.

Way too rushed, everything happened way too fast, everything was introduced and cast aside in quick succession.

MHA is not a bad série at all but could have been so much better. It had real potential. This show deserved 500/600 chapters. At least 50/60 more. A solid arc after the first war.

My investment in the characters (except goat Endy) went downhill fast.

It’s still not a bad show now but it’s clearly average but great characters here and there, solid art, and nice feats.

Even horikoshi wanted to make one more arc but didn’t have the time. A shame, the cool down would have been much appreciated
Yeah he messed up with having all the big events in one year and when you have students becoming top class heroes in their first year/second year too.
:jay-yeah:
Horikoshi shouldve taken his time.

Honestly feel like Bakugo is the #2 strongest hero rn, only weaker than Deku.

He did more damage to shigaraki than anyone bar Deku himself. And that cluster howitzer impact was before he unlocked the full body explosions. Afterwards he was able to outspeed Shigaraki.

The only thing Enji has above him is AP due to prominence burn. His speed is mid and he needs assistance from Hawks in order to keep up with the high end and AFO. Bakugo easily blitzes him with full body explosions. Speaking of which, now that bakugo has that, he can probably use a prominence burn-style attack of his own.

I think that once Edgeshot becomes his heart, he is going to be much stronger than before. Probably strong enough for him and Deku to fight full quirked shigaraki.

Honestly feel like Bakugo is the #2 strongest hero rn, only weaker than Deku.

He did more damage to shigaraki than anyone bar Deku himself. And that cluster howitzer impact was before he unlocked the full body explosions. Afterwards he was able to outspeed Shigaraki.

The only thing Enji has above him is AP due to prominence burn. His speed is mid and he needs assistance from Hawks in order to keep up with the high end and AFO. Bakugo easily blitzes him with full body explosions. Speaking of which, now that bakugo has that, he can probably use a prominence burn-style attack of his own.

I think that once Edgeshot becomes his heart, he is going to be much stronger than before. Probably strong enough for him and Deku to fight full quirked shigaraki.
Bakugo wasnt impressive at all
Endeavor is on another level than bakugo man made afo remind him of all might
Endeavor loses his arm and continues
Bakugo needs jeanist help
Bakugo in this war was mid af man got like 2 3 pages of fighting to :gokulaugh:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Hes using 120% isnt he ?
I talked about full cowl

We knows that using 45% full cowl + Fajin can equal prime might speed. It’s called Faux 100%.

So now he is using full cowl + Fa Jin + Overdrive = 120% OFA

But i don’t know if he means : 45% + Fajin + Overdrive = 120%
or 100% + Fajin + Overdrive = 120%

It wouldn’t really make sense for 100% + Fajin + Overdrive to be only equal to 120%

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Bakugo wasnt impressive at all
Endeavor is on another level than bakugo man made afo remind him of all might
Endeavor loses his arm and continues
Bakugo needs jeanist help
Bakugo in this war was mid af man got like 2 3 pages of fighting to :gokulaugh:
Don't worry Bakugo will fight Hulk Spinner.

:kobeha: