Feels like it lol. Though he feels more like Zuko to me who is a villain and fighting his younger more talented sibling Shoto (heroic version of Azula) in an attempt to push his father Endeavor (heroic version of Ozai) off his throne and conquer Japan (uhm…the Fire Nation).
Lawl... but is this Zuko the irredeemable one?

I think I know how this is going to end. By all means of logic, Dabi should be dead. His body is literally falling apart. Yet somehow, he is able to keep on fighting(either through his quirk or other means) due to his sheer hatred and resentment.
If this is the case, then I don't think Shoto can defeat Dabi with strength alone. If Dabi's own flames couldn't kill him, then why would shoto's?

I think this fight is going to end in a talk no jutsu. Dabi will overpower Shoto, but shoto will do something to convince Dabi to give up his hatred. Maybe endeavor and the rest of the todoroki family will be involved somehow, idk. But once Dabi gives up his hatred, he will die.

Chapter just kind of emphasizes again that Dabi shouldn't be alive, which is just more reason why he might make it in the end (longshot considering he's already burnt off majority of his flesh...).

Hope we see AFO tell Endeavor how he had his sights on his son that whole time and he was the one who saved him off that mountain. Just to mess with him.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
So the reason for AFO not giving Dabi any usable quirk to balance/heal the burned parts of his body is because Dabi is too dangerous already.

I actually liked that it wasn't Dabi horrifically burning himself that made him the monster he is today.

That tends to be a really common sort of trope in fiction, in which its the accident which was the catalyst of the neglect or object of the villains obsessions that drives them down an irredeemable path, but in this case, it wasn't the accident that finally broke Dabi, it was Dabi realizing that even the death of his oldest son wasn't enough to make Endeavour give up on his selfish dream.

I think this works fair better thematically, as it far more strongly ties into a more justifiable personal rationalisation. He wasn't angry with Endeavour for not showing up. He was angry with Endeavour, for not changing afterwards. Its only after that did he realize what an absolute piece of garbage Endeavour was at that point in his life.

Its actually a good motivation for a horror villain.
Post automatically merged:

I'm looking forward Deku vs AFO 🧐

Won't be happy until then
Thats not happening. At least not directly. Looks like if they do fight, it'll be in the vestige world, or it'll be the Shigaraki/AFO hybrid.

The Todoraki family drama is the only reason I'm still reading MHA tbh. I'm all in for it and hope the Dabi vs Shoto battle isn't going to be too rushed but I know that it will be. Everything is being too rushed which brings this series way down, still can't get over how much time was wasted on the boring af school festival while everything else that is vital to story progression is skipped over and rushed smh.

The Todoraki family drama is the only reason I'm still reading MHA tbh. I'm all in for it and hope the Dabi vs Shoto battle isn't going to be too rushed but I know that it will be. Everything is being too rushed which brings this series way down, still can't get over how much time was wasted on the boring af school festival while everything else that is vital to story progression is skipped over and rushed smh.
I mean, this has always been the case I'd say. Its most noticeable now, but MHA has always been incredibly fast paced for a shonen manga.