Chapter 397 Title: Time for a clean-up

Post automatically merged:

7 pages

MHA Chapter 397 summary

@Light D Lamperouge @Dark Admiral @DarkWitch @Adam 🍎 @Rhea Venenosa @Bango🍅 @Akai2 @Nel-Zel fiasco @ReggieZoldyck21 @FreezyBreeze @Kiwipom @Kagurashii @TheKnightOfTheSea @Yere93 @Yoru @Jorden625 @JazzMazz @Hiragaro @kom5 @Roo @WesMidnight @Ice devil slayer @Doggo @Xlaw @IceWitch @Monkey D Theories @Kucing Pencuri @Camie @Trafalgar_D_Law @ivaannom @gamaran @Seth @mugiwalaw @ShadyOjiro @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Lukegranders @Lizzy @Luffy is the mc @LuffyMazino @Flowa @Ghostly Reflections @Yo Tan Wa @centurion @Date @PenguinKing @Law @Marimo_420 @Leo D. Caprio @Skipper017 @RobertoTheOharaSurvivor @Ravagerblade @Orojackson Refugee @sorukingu @SDfear @MonsterKaido @God_Aizen @Baba @Ishin @NikaInParis @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @RayanOO @Unlimited Rulebook

terrible fucking translation holy fuck

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
According to spoilers, My Hero Academia chapter 398 is named “Toshinori Yagi: Rising Origin.” The chapter begins with Hercules launching another attack that releases acid inside All for One’s body, reminiscent of Ashido.

A flashback shows young Toshinori asking Nana Shimura to take him as her disciple. She stated that since he was Quirkless, he could only protect an area of about a three-meter radius. She understood that his family was killed by the villains, but in the wake of so many disasters and the war, she did not have time to train him.

Toshinori replied that he didn’t want vengeance; he simply wanted to become the symbol of peace. He told Nana that because he was Quirkless, he did not have a set role in the society as others did, and as such, had no specific three-meter area to protect. Therefore, he decided to protect everyone as a whole.

My Hero Academia chapter 398 then returns to the present, when AFO and All Might crash into Tatooin station the same way the Giant villain did in Chapter 1 of the manga. They get up, and the police realize that they are too close to UA.

All Might is on the verge of organ failure and has several broken ribs. He is seen lying on the top of the same building where Deku asked him if he could become a hero without a Quirk.

AFO arrives, and All Might notices that he has become a little younger. He has used multiple Quirks to remove the acid damage from his body, which is what likely caused the transformation.

All Might deduces that the more damage AFO takes, the younger he would become. He then remembers when Deku rushed to save Bakugo. Many other memories rush into his mind after that

All Might tells Hercules to send all of his equipment at once for what is presumably a final attack. These include metal tentacles similar to Doc Ock from Spiderman Comics, two gauntlets, and a metal crow. One of his eyes returns to how it was when he was young and Quirkless, and he expresses his joy and gratitude at being able to bring peace for as long as he has.

All Might activates “Ingenium” and “Uravity” to boost his mobility as he launches his final attack. My Hero Academia chapter 398 returns to the Vestige world, where there is a ripple, and All Might’s vestige feels the presence of its corporeal body. Back in UA, Deku is still fighting Shigaraki when he suddenly thinks of All Might. All Might, similarly, thinks of Deku as the chapter comes to an end.

G

Gorosei Informer

According to spoilers, My Hero Academia chapter 398 is named “Toshinori Yagi: Rising Origin.” The chapter begins with Hercules launching another attack that releases acid inside All for One’s body, reminiscent of Ashido.

A flashback shows young Toshinori asking Nana Shimura to take him as her disciple. She stated that since he was Quirkless, he could only protect an area of about a three-meter radius. She understood that his family was killed by the villains, but in the wake of so many disasters and the war, she did not have time to train him.

Toshinori replied that he didn’t want vengeance; he simply wanted to become the symbol of peace. He told Nana that because he was Quirkless, he did not have a set role in the society as others did, and as such, had no specific three-meter area to protect. Therefore, he decided to protect everyone as a whole.

My Hero Academia chapter 398 then returns to the present, when AFO and All Might crash into Tatooin station the same way the Giant villain did in Chapter 1 of the manga. They get up, and the police realize that they are too close to UA.

All Might is on the verge of organ failure and has several broken ribs. He is seen lying on the top of the same building where Deku asked him if he could become a hero without a Quirk.

AFO arrives, and All Might notices that he has become a little younger. He has used multiple Quirks to remove the acid damage from his body, which is what likely caused the transformation.

All Might deduces that the more damage AFO takes, the younger he would become. He then remembers when Deku rushed to save Bakugo. Many other memories rush into his mind after that

All Might tells Hercules to send all of his equipment at once for what is presumably a final attack. These include metal tentacles similar to Doc Ock from Spiderman Comics, two gauntlets, and a metal crow. One of his eyes returns to how it was when he was young and Quirkless, and he expresses his joy and gratitude at being able to bring peace for as long as he has.

All Might activates “Ingenium” and “Uravity” to boost his mobility as he launches his final attack. My Hero Academia chapter 398 returns to the Vestige world, where there is a ripple, and All Might’s vestige feels the presence of its corporeal body. Back in UA, Deku is still fighting Shigaraki when he suddenly thinks of All Might. All Might, similarly, thinks of Deku as the chapter comes to an end.

Godspeed All Might you magnificent bastard.
:catsweat::catcry:

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah seems we're approaching his end.

One more I am here for the chills I hope at least.
From "I Am Here" to "I Am Here, Always!" maybe? Or even a tribute made to him saying "I Was Here"?

I'm not ready for this man. I mean Horikoshi alluded to this since Nighteye appeared and its very typical for a character like AM to die but still. I adore AM so much, its gonna hurt to see him go! He was the main reason I got into MHA too!

Oh well, gotta prepare for the inevitable unless he survives this all somehow lol. But it would be better if he died, much better writing and thus he can reunite with Nana Shimura (who I am glad to see making more of an appearance, as brief as they are), Sir Nighteye who died recently too ofc, his parents and everyone else he should have lost. I still can't believe Gran Torino survived but fucking Star and Stripe is dead too lol. Fucking Horikoshi man.

:tch::nicagesmile::pepestop::pepemotion::risitameh::perocry::pepecry:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
From "I Am Here" to "I Am Here, Always!" maybe? Or even a tribute made to him saying "I Was Here"?
I am here always or smth like I will always be here. I am here and I will always be here too. Idk lol many possibilities.

I'm not ready for this man. I mean Horikoshi alluded to this since Nighteye appeared and its very typical for a character like AM to die but still. I adore AM so much, its gonna hurt to see him go! He was the main reason I got into MHA too!

Oh well, gotta prepare for the inevitable unless he survives this all somehow lol. But it would be better if he died, much better writing and thus he can reunite with Nana Shimura (who I am glad to see making more of an appearance, as brief as they are), Sir Nighteye who died recently too ofc, his parents and everyone else he should have lost. I still can't believe Gran Torino survived but fucking Star and Stripe is dead too lol. Fucking Horikoshi man.
Yeah there is definitely the precedence for this type of thing. But I get it. Not a big All Might fan. I think he's cool and all, but far from my favourite character in MHA. But I can't lie. Everytime I see I AM HERE I get chills for real.

G

Gorosei Informer

I am here always or smth like I will always be here. I am here and I will always be here too. Idk lol many possibilities.
Aye, Hori is def bound to do it justice whatever he does. I can see Deku and Bakugo carrying on the phrase, especially Deku and even crowds of people chanting it at some point in memory of him and in support of AMs new successors.

Yeah there is definitely the precedence for this type of thing. But I get it. Not a big All Might fan. I think he's cool and all, but far from my favourite character in MHA. But I can't lie. Everytime I see I AM HERE I get chills for real.
Aye definitely, the "I Am Here" moments are goated, I revisit the time he shows up to save the students from the Nomu and LOV early on and I still get mega chills there, especially in the anime. They made that moment so triumphant and epic with him and the other teachers in the anime especially but even then, Hori knows how to make these moments stand out too ofc.

:fujilaugh:

Aye thats fair haha, there are some very interesting, more nuanced and even controversial/morally greyer characters in MHA. One of MHAs biggest strengths is its characters for me too.

We're on the verge of chapter 400 too, wonder whats gonna happen by then...

:wonderland:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Aye, Hori is def bound to do it justice whatever he does. I can see Deku and Bakugo carrying on the phrase, especially Deku and even crowds of people chanting it at some point in memory of him and in support of AMs new successors.
It would be interesting if Bakugo were to carry it on tho ngl.

Aye definitely, the "I Am Here" moments are goated, I revisit the time he shows up to save the students from the Nomu and LOV early on and I still get mega chills there, especially in the anime. They made that moment so triumphant and epic with him and the other teachers in the anime especially but even then, Hori knows how to make these moments stand out too ofc.
Yeah true. @LANJI CUCKSMOKE made that scene even more famous by always posting it in mafia games lmao.

Aye thats fair haha, there are some very interesting, more nuanced and even controversial/morally greyer characters in MHA. One of MHAs biggest strengths is its characters for me too.
Yeah my top 3 fave characters are in order

Dabi
Hawks
Overhaul

Tho Overhaul took a dive for me after his arc and the short appearance with Lady Nagant. In his arc he was GOATED.

We're on the verge of chapter 400 too, wonder whats gonna happen by then...
Could very well be ngl. Let's see.

G

Gorosei Informer

It would be interesting if Bakugo were to carry it on tho ngl.
Aye definitely! Bakugo has been underutilised and now with his "death" which surely has been going on for a year now or so and the loss of his idol, his hero, his mentor and the person he want to become and even overcome/surpass, its gonna break him, devastate him and I think we're gonna see him get his big moment finally where he really gives Shigaraki/AFO hell and almost literally nukes them at least. Complete explosive obliteration so to speak lol.

Similar to Kobys big moment in OP recently, which I said would be like Gohans SSJ2 moment vs Cell (it really wasnt on the same standard, not even close ofc but still a similar situation) and thus Bakugo might snap, awaken his quirk to a new level as he should (it kinda felt like he has already before Shigaraki took him down too) and he just gives AFO/Shigaraki hell, which I would absolutely love to see.
Can't regenerate if you get blown up out of existence, if your cells and thus atoms even get vaporised instantly!

Yeah true. @LANJI CUCKSMOKE made that scene even more famous by always posting it in mafia games lmao.
Lmaoooo, why I can picture him actually doing that too?

Yeah my top 3 fave characters are in order

Dabi
Hawks
Overhaul

Tho Overhaul took a dive for me after his arc and the short appearance with Lady Nagant. In his arc he was GOATED.
Ah very nice choices, I absolutely hate Overhaul but his quirk and design are top tier regardless. Also his OCD/germaphobia and Yakuza connections and such. (I just really hate his actions towards Eri immensely lol, hes very cool otherwise, a great villain.)

I do think Hori wasted him and Stain when they were brought back, felt like they were just brought back for fanservice or OH had plans for both, especially OH and he didn't get to utilise them I guess, idk. Spinner was a complete letdown in the end along with Mr Compress too.

Dabi and Hawks are great. I hate Hawks for killing Twice but we know why it was necessary ofc. Hawks is a fantastically designed and written character though, the best angel/feather/winged type hero and ability user I've seen too. One of the coolest designs ever as well.

Dabi was just epic from start to end and I'm kinda glad the Toya stuff wasn't bait after all and he was legitimately Toya. Hori could have spun it to make him someone else, but connected to Toya I guess but this was the best option imo.
I really liked his relationship with Toga, the bond they had too.

He had some of the most INSANELY RAW panels once his body truly started incernating and he became a sort of Ghost Rider-like burning demon/ghoul from hell, absolutely freaky/horifying and badass lol.

His conviction was absolutely something else, kinda like the personsified version of Amaterasu from Naruto, a flame that just wont die or be extinguished, endlessly relentless. Always burning, always yearning.