G

Gorosei Informer

So I’m guessing his final attack will be based off bakugo’s explosion with All Might blowing himself up and taking AFO with him.

:perocry::pepemotion:

Like student/hero worshipper and master/idol?

I honestly expected Endeavour to go out this way though, felt a lot more obvious but you've suggested a much more interesting, unique and emotionally brutal idea. Would make a lot of sense given what we've just seen too as you mentioned ofc.

I
Chapter 399: A.C. Powered Lamp

The chapter begins with All For One destroying a building while All Might dodges with Tentacole and Froppy, tentacles that increase his mobility and let him stick to walls. He begins to plan his next attack, which will make use of the Shoto cannon and the Tailman tail.

If rewind speeds up based on the amount of damage he takes, All Might realizes that he's going to have to use "that" student's quirk. But using it in the normal way wouldn't have much of an effect, so he asks the "Anima" robot birds to grab him something and they fly away.

AFO appears and says that running away after laughing like that is quite pathetic. He understands AM's plan and is going to kill him with minimal effort, which leads to him covering the entire alleyway they're in with Black Tendrils.

All Might dodges by flying upwards, but then comes face to face with two giant monstrous mouths. He calls AFO a liar because that's not "minimal effort", but AFO says that's far from his full power. The mouths start biting everything around them as they chase after AM.

AFO starts laughing, saying that AM's smile is gone and that now he's just an old man with no entrails that tried to copy the power of children. The tendrils break the armor's tentacles and AFO says that the whole world will see the death of the former symbol of peace.

All Might tries to dodge, but AFO comes out from inside the wall and hits a full blow, making AM spit blood. AFO says that the light that shone inside him is gone out and we see the same image we saw in Kamino, of All Might in a snowy place, but this time without any fire.

But All Might's not done yet. He puts the Shoto cannon inside AFO's mouth and fires, saying that he hasn't understood a thing. People are flickering: even if one's light goes out, another person may inherit it and keep illuminating the darkness. It then cuts to AOYAMA.

Kunieda has defeated all the heroes in the parking lot except for Aoyama, who's injured and has roses growing out of his body. He tries to attack with a laser but Kunieda says he doesn't need any more light, because his seeds only need human flesh to grow.

Fat Gum says that the flowers grew roots in his body and absorbed nutrients, preventing him from using his quirk. He then tells Aoyama to do his best and passes out, causing a huge flower with Fat's appearence to bloom. Kunieda says he's never seen a flower this big.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I’m impressed, getting more backstory on all might it all starts clicking together.

Fear plagued people even after the villain was defeated, all might wanting to be a symbol of peace.
The past few chapters have been fire with All Might. Just this arc has been a huge blur for me. Completely forgettable.

G

Gorosei Informer

Ain't gon lie, I been skimming MHA chapters for like the last 2 years lol
Aye, I was dropping MHA a few times for a few chapters here and there, zoning out and losing interest too. Can't blame you.

I’m impressed, getting more backstory on all might it all starts clicking together.

Fear plagued people even after the villain was defeated, all might wanting to be a symbol of peace.
Yeah I'm really enjoying and liking this. This is the kind of stuff I was aching to see. I wish we could have seen Nana actually fight and kick ass but thats never gonna happen.

Theres also some hilarious awkward irony too, Nana is the nickname for my grandad and Anima was my grandmothers nickname too.

:risitameh::saden:

AFO caused an everlasting atmosphere of fear/despair/darkness and the OFA users have been passing the torch as their lights gets extinguished and All Might realised how broken things were and not working out as they planned/hoped so he set out on a self burdened mission to be the hope to inspire others, to inspire a new future, like he's a huge forward/future thinker, like Vegapunk or Tesla especially in Record of Ragnarok too.

I was watching an analysis of Across the Spiderverse the other day and without spoilers, the guy doing the video said Miles is a very forward thinker, if I remembering right. I think that is a microcosm of humanity and our obsesssion with progress and evolution, especially the industrial revolution, science, technology, medicine but even from agriculture onwards and construction (Romans with roads, aquaducts and such for example).

All Might is such an inspiration, especially deliberately/intentionally by himself and that is what a hero should be too, especially the symbol of peace as he declared himself. I love All Mights character so much and this is the best he has been for the entire series, him embracing his student's quirks as weapons against AFO, this whole Iron Man and Doctor Octopus-esque mecha suit setup, his backstory and relationship with Nana, as well as his relationship with his students especially Deku and Bakugo, its such great writing and really reminds me of why I loved Might Guy and Rock Lee so much in Naruto too.

This is my favourite chapter of MHA in a very long time, im suddenly invested, excited and hopeful again. It feels like a massive return for form, including for AM himself. Just like Endeavour got his (literal) blaze of glory moments and redemption, All Might is getting the same now and I love it.

The past few chapters have been fire with All Might. Just this arc has been a huge blur for me. Completely forgettable.
Absolutely agree man, as I was saying above. I was going through the motions with this arc, just waiting for MHA and even Hori was saying he wanted to end MHA last year or this year at worst but here we are lol. Probably gonna end late next year though or by 2025 at absolute worst. Depends on his health too especially ofc, its dwindling a lot much like All Might himself brutally and ironically too.
I wonder if his own health issues even inspires him to write All Might the way he does too even, AM has such a beautiful vulnerability and humility to him, I really admire it. Hori seems really humble and gentle but creates such absolutely horrifying, magnificient, terrifying, emotional and stylish art too, including in this chapter especially too.

I mean speaking of this chapter, the art with the AFO using his quirks were UNREAL, along with Kuniedas absolutely horrifying Poison Ivy arousing jungle hell and that GLORIOUS panel of Tooru actually getting a feat for once and getting to do something major onscreen, especially versus a villain, well both her and Aoyama ofc! Maybe Mineta and Sato will finally get some chances too? Lmao. Mineta especially?

I'd love Momo to get some major shine too. I remember Hori saying he wanted to give Shoji a mini arc at least and he wanted to write stuff for Momo too, he was excited for them I think. Momo needs a major moment after her mentor got killed by Machia before too. Complete waste of a potentially interesting character there too, sigh.

But yeah this arc has been mid for me too, the only part that I can really remember grabbing me was Bakugos "death" and hes still been dead for a fucking year IRL now at least?

I'm just riding out the story now and seeing how it ends, I'm severely burnt out on it but I did really enjoy Toga's finale and thus her final choices and moments, her final characterisation and such before shes presumably died now. I suspect she might come back, that she might survive and Uraraka will save her, get her to help or something and thus Toga can become a hero somehow and gain even more redemption but I wouldn't be mad if Toga died, since Dabi has died now I believe and the writing with him and her was really good, their relationship and shared past and their characterisation lately, especially her imo.

There's another movie coming that is set before this arc too I think, I remember hearing they wanted to plan another 10 years of movies, a movie a year so 10 more movies lmfao. I remember thinking Bleach had a lot of movies but Naruto definitely did too! But I know DBZ and Detective Conan have a truly absurd amount of movies too especially. (I'm surprised Jojo hasnt had any except that old Phantom Blood one to think of it, especially as its like a 40 years old series now?! With some anime series that has been quite successful too?)

Anyway, I think we might get an All Might death next chapter, its the big 400 and I get the bad feeling AFO is gonna survive this and die to his quirk rewinding shit or Shigaraki somehow instead OR All Might has managed to pull a "im taking you with me" successfully, unlike the usual cliche of it failing constantly, especially in anime series and both of them are killed off, which would be very bittersweet, but I rather that than just AM dying and AFO surviving.

Bakugo saw a vestige of AM before, around when he "died" I believe and in one of the previous movies, he gets OFA momentarily too, that movie apparently was meant to be the canon ending to MHA too but was scrapped and thus the plot was changed too, so I feel Hori is referring to that with Bakugo seeing AM's vestige like that too.

I suspect AM is gonna die and Bakugo is gonna see his vestige again, just like how Deku sees the previous OFA users and also in Jojo's when a good character dies, one of the main cast, Hori does a beautiful moment of showing them as a ghost passing on in front of the surviving cast/friends of theirs (at least from Part 3 onwards) so I could see that happening for AM and everyone, especially Deku and Bakugo. Its gonna be real emotional seeing AM in the vestige world properly and reuniting with Nana in death/the pseudo afterlife and the other OFA uders too.

Anyway random rambling/essay over lol. Its a shame we werent able to get Prime AM back again, at least for a short while vs AFO, but seeing him use this Hercules system or w/e and embracing a hybrid of Iron Man, Batman, Knightrider, Doc Ock and whatever else has been absolutely fucking unique and awesome tbh. The quirkless hero, the OG.

Godspeed All Might you fucking magnificent bastard.

:catsweat::catsweat::catsweat::catsweat::catsweat::catsweat::catsweat::catsweat::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry:

:mrgo::fransuper::perocry::emohiyo::stealthblack::finally: