G

Gorosei Informer

Chapter link btw:
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7506/my-hero-academia-chapter-402

Im assuming we have a chapter this week and thus spoilers soon, if they've not come out already?

I'm not really keen on reading anymore, seeing All Might like that and the end of Nana too was a little too upsetting for me, I knew it was gonna happen, it was inevitable but it's just too upsetting for me as I really adore their characters and it feels like another Jiraiya type situation, which severely fucked me up back in the day and still hurts to this day lol. I love characters too much.

I've not even read this chapter, only saw the raws so I'm just avoiding it that much now lol. Really don't feel like continuing the series anymore, it was on its last legs for me anyway, barely keeping me interested, apart from some really nice highs occassionally and some great chapters, Hori has been making some severe mistakes and questionable decisions imo and I am completely fucking sick of AFO at this point, I cannot even bear seeing a single panel more of him!

Chapter link btw:
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7506/my-hero-academia-chapter-402

Im assuming we have a chapter this week and thus spoilers soon, if they've not come out already?

I'm not really keen on reading anymore, seeing All Might like that and the end of Nana too was a little too upsetting for me, I knew it was gonna happen, it was inevitable but it's just too upsetting for me as I really adore their characters and it feels like another Jiraiya type situation, which severely fucked me up back in the day and still hurts to this day lol. I love characters too much.

I've not even read this chapter, only saw the raws so I'm just avoiding it that much now lol. Really don't feel like continuing the series anymore, it was on its last legs for me anyway, barely keeping me interested, apart from some really nice highs occassionally and some great chapters, Hori has been making some severe mistakes and questionable decisions imo and I am completely fucking sick of AFO at this point, I cannot even bear seeing a single panel more of him!
Tbh it started going downhill for me when Midnight was killed. I really liked her, especially after reading Vigilante. It just, was so cheerful when it started and now turned into a Dystopian Sci Fi series which would fit the Trope crapsack world. The Academia, the school setting is also basically non existent now.

G

Gorosei Informer

Tbh it started going downhill for me when Midnight was killed. I really liked her, especially after reading Vigilante. It just, was so cheerful when it started and now turned into a Dystopian Sci Fi series which would fit the Trope crapsack world. The Academia, the school setting is also basically non existent now.
Completely agree! Midnights and Majestics deaths pissed me off so much, along with Star and Stripe too. Sure it added consequences, tension and such but they were so poorly written, Star barely got to shine as a character, given shes All Mights freaking protege an the top 1 Hero of the USA too FFS!
Not to mention Hori abandoning the whole foreign heroes and thus other countries getting involved and helping too lol.

Vigilantes was really nice for seeing the backstories of characters like her, Miruko and especially Aizawa and Shirakumo too.

Thats exactly it too, its become so edgy, so dour, so dystopian as you said. Reminds me of the issues I had with the 4th Ninja War in Naruto and TYBW which to be fair, they were wars ofc but it just got so miserable to read over such a long time too. Kubo even wanted Bleach to go for another 10 years at least! God...Hori wanted MHA to be as vast and long as OP IIRC too.

Yeah thats another thing, I really wanted to see the students actually progress through the years, having 2nd and 3rd years, like how the Genin became Chuunins in Naruto and eventually Jounin and such and thus the MHA students becoming Pro Heroes gradually, but this is such a letdown beyond words.

I really enjoyed UA as a school, even though I HATE school stories and settings, I was really looking forward to the teachers getting various roles and storylines, going all out and fighting! To this day Vlad King has DONE NOTHING LMAO! Such a massive let down there too. I really wanted to see more 1-B too as I really like them, but god this is so lackluster, especially when so much of 1-A are being wasted too or at least underutilised....

Don't even get me started on the abandonment of the whole Red Riot mystery/storyline which should have just been who Machia was somehow, at least we would have got an explanation and would have made Kirishima vs Machia even more personal by far!

Bakugo has been so fucking wasted too and he's been dead for a year or so now too, WTF is Hori even doing with him?!

I can't even remember what happened to Nejire, Mirio, Tamaki, I remember Mirio getting his powers back and then the rest is just a blur lmao. Nejire got fucked by Dabi IIRC but I cant remember anything else after that?

I'm finding MHA so hard to follow and its not even a complex series, its just the lack of interest, like I struggled with it in the past and dropping it a few times due to that. I wish Hori would just it over with but he was saying he wanted to end it last year or by this year and it feels like it's not gonna end till late next year at least? Especially if he keeps needing breaks and having to do shorter chapters too?

I just feel so burnt out, so checked out, so done with MHA at this point. I just found out the other days there's a battle royale type game for it now too lmao, ffs.

Completely agree! Midnights and Majestics deaths pissed me off so much, along with Star and Stripe too. Sure it added consequences, tension and such but they were so poorly written, Star barely got to shine as a character, given shes All Mights freaking protege an the top 1 Hero of the USA too FFS!
Not to mention Hori abandoning the whole foreign heroes and thus other countries getting involved and helping too lol.

Vigilantes was really nice for seeing the backstories of characters like her, Miruko and especially Aizawa and Shirakumo too.

Thats exactly it too, its become so edgy, so dour, so dystopian as you said. Reminds me of the issues I had with the 4th Ninja War in Naruto and TYBW which to be fair, they were wars ofc but it just got so miserable to read over such a long time too. Kubo even wanted Bleach to go for another 10 years at least! God...Hori wanted MHA to be as vast and long as OP IIRC too.

Yeah thats another thing, I really wanted to see the students actually progress through the years, having 2nd and 3rd years, like how the Genin became Chuunins in Naruto and eventually Jounin and such and thus the MHA students becoming Pro Heroes gradually, but this is such a letdown beyond words.

I really enjoyed UA as a school, even though I HATE school stories and settings, I was really looking forward to the teachers getting various roles and storylines, going all out and fighting! To this day Vlad King has DONE NOTHING LMAO! Such a massive let down there too. I really wanted to see more 1-B too as I really like them, but god this is so lackluster, especially when so much of 1-A are being wasted too or at least underutilised....

Don't even get me started on the abandonment of the whole Red Riot mystery/storyline which should have just been who Machia was somehow, at least we would have got an explanation and would have made Kirishima vs Machia even more personal by far!

Bakugo has been so fucking wasted too and he's been dead for a year or so now too, WTF is Hori even doing with him?!

I can't even remember what happened to Nejire, Mirio, Tamaki, I remember Mirio getting his powers back and then the rest is just a blur lmao. Nejire got fucked by Dabi IIRC but I cant remember anything else after that?

I'm finding MHA so hard to follow and its not even a complex series, its just the lack of interest, like I struggled with it in the past and dropping it a few times due to that. I wish Hori would just it over with but he was saying he wanted to end it last year or by this year and it feels like it's not gonna end till late next year at least? Especially if he keeps needing breaks and having to do shorter chapters too?

I just feel so burnt out, so checked out, so done with MHA at this point. I just found out the other days there's a battle royale type game for it now too lmao, ffs.
Agreed.

I want the pre Overhaul MHA back ffs.

G

Gorosei Informer

Itβ€˜s also when it started becoming dark. What Over did to Eri was just fucked up.
Absolutely! It made feel extremely sick and horrified especially when people were glorifying Overhaul on top of that and even hating on and making fun of Eri! Absolutely deranged fanbase...
Seeing Shiggy take his arms away like that was extremely catharthic lol.

Hori desperately wants to be darker, edgier and do a more mature and horror themed series, but like Oda wanting to do a sci-fi/space/gundam series for MANY years now, that he was planning to do after One Piece ended or was meant to should I say, hes compromising and coping by what hes doing in the story now especially ofc lol.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
She had no lasting impact on the story, she was suppose to have nerfed Shiggy but it sure doesn't seem like it. Not sure what Hori was thinking there.

I would have had her come in during the final battle as fan service (along with other USA heroes) and maybe have her bring down Machia.
Wish we got this. Instead Giga ends up being blown up by AFO because Hori had no better ideas for him.

Wish we got this. Instead Giga ends up being blown up by AFO because Hori had no better ideas for him.
Machia getting one shotted was the dumbest thing in the world when you consider how much of a menace he was last battle. He was also the most accomplished (on-screen) villain in the series when you consider the destruction/death he caused.

Can tell Hori just didn't want to actually deal with him.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Machia getting one shotted was the dumbest thing in the world when you consider how much of a menace he was last battle. He was also the most accomplished (on-screen) villain in the series when you consider the destruction/death he caused.

Can tell Hori just didn't want to actually deal with him.
There was so much into finding him, losing Kurogiri for him, a whole subplot about earning his loyalty and Midnight died to give the students a chance to KO him.... Just so he can be butthurt and be one shot by his boss lol.

Hori's made a lot of questionable choices post MVA tbh