General & Others Naruto General

Best Mangekyou Sharingan?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I also don't like the fact how much Amaterasu was shitted on in the end. Even though Kabuto called it perfect attack and (in case of Blaze Release) defense, but there were too many people shitting on it.

Sasuke hits eyeless Madara with Amaterasu, latter just takes off his armor and absorbs the rest without any discomfort. Naruto gets hit, just pushes it away with Bijuu Chakra. And Sasuke feels the need to imbue his Chidori with Amaterasu to clash with a plain Rasengan. Only for the flames to be pushed away. Juubi just pushed the flames away from his body and against Kaguya it also had no effect.

Meanwhile, Kamui was absolutely overpowered. Passing through everything by going intangible, while Kakashi with his low Chakra and non-Uchiha body could warp away a clone so fast Tobi thought the clone just vanished, also aiming for Juubi's head and having Obito to interfere in order for Juubi not to be killed. While, when being boosted with a bit of Rikudo Chakra, being able to dodge Kaguya's attack while she was at her strongest, to then speedblitz her with a Kamui-Raikiri.

I'm glad Itachi took Tsukuyomi in the grave with him without Kishimoto shitting on it as well. Lol.
I'm happy Amaterasu had actual counters, like Ay's raw speed. But the fact it was hard countered every time Sasuke used it, except on absolute fodder, really kills the flair it had. I still don't understand how Madara managed to get rid of his. I did like how it was used by MS Sasuke a lot though, Enton and Amaterasu as a main fighting style was sort of cool as long as it had draw backs. When it became spammable without consequence it really felt cheap.

Kakashi's Kamui breaks the plot. I like it, but I think it should've been such a niche thing for him instead of something he's comfortable using. Even by the time he's fighting Deva and Asura paths, he could of easily taken off Deva's head.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
Fuck all that....what happened to Kirin!? Like this was Sasukes version of tha Rasenshuriken and some shit he developed in 2 years of training and looking back in tha series objectively, it’s one of tha strongest/fastest Jutsu ever created lol. Yet this man uses it once then throws it in tha trash

Like you know how good it would’ve been to use then in tha war lmao

Or let's talk about the fact that we are in a Shinobi world were losses are a common thing. Yet Rin dying made Obito desire to trap the whole world in a matrix so there won't be people doing bad stuff anymore.

Or the fact that Black Zetsu is the main culprit and created the whole history of Shinobi by agitating Indra against Ashura, spitting lies and rewriting the Uchiha stone all the actions of the Uchihas were based on. And let's not forget that black Zetsu tricked Madara into believing he was the one who created black Zetsu, which is legit, since Black Zetsu came out of Madara's arm by his own will.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
Or let's talk about the fact that we are in a Shinobi world were losses are a common thing. Yet Rin dying made Obito desire to trap the whole world in a matrix so there won't be people doing bad stuff anymore.

Or the fact that Black Zetsu is the main culprit and created the whole history of Shinobi by agitating Indra against Ashura, spitting lies and rewriting the Uchiha stone all the actions of the Uchihas were based on. And let's not forget that black Zetsu tricked Madara into believing he was the one who created black Zetsu, which is legit, since Black Zetsu came out of Madara's arm by his own will.
That Rin shit......smfh. This man wanted to enslave tha whole world(people, animals, birds, trees and all) cause a 12 year old got killed on a mission she knew she might die on...got damn shame

Yea that black Zetsu shit made me walk away from my laptop when it happened lmfao. I had to get some air man

That Rin shit......smfh. This man wanted to enslave tha whole world(people, animals, birds, trees and all) cause a 12 year old got killed on a mission she knew she might die on...got damn shame

Yea that black Zetsu shit made me walk away from my laptop when it happened lmfao. I had to get some air man
And after all Obito did; founding a criminal organisation that was invading and destroying villages, capturing Jinchuriki, being responsible for the death of Kuina and Minato and declaring war to the world in which thousands of people were killed:

Minato be like: "Bruh, I know Obito did a mistake here, but you are friends aren't you? If I can forgive him killing me and my wife off, so can you"

Naruto gets hit, just pushes it away with Bijuu Chakra.
:milaugh: hilarious, amaterasu became a joke, didn't it

And wow, Kirin, I totally forgot about this.
Hahaha don't even get me started, I could go on all day about it. Obito is my favourite character even, but very little makes sense about it. Like... Who wants to ruin the whole world after their crush getting killed? Even if I give it a pass as an initial feeling, damn, it's impossible that this fuels you for 20 years.
My biased defense of this would be: he was pretty rational throughout. He made a web of a carefully thought out plan and he manipulated things left and right. Even when he saw Kakashi a few times, and later revealed himself, EVEN FOUGHT him, he never really expressed being shaken or overly dramatic. He said he feels nothing, didn't bat an eyelash. "Oh Kakashi? Whatever." - kind of attitude. This is why I liked him, he wasn't a passionate villain, it's refreshing. It's like he just decided coldly that the world sucks and should be erased. And then had enough willpower to see it through, really admirable.
The fact that Naruto of all people managed to reach him speaks volumes about Naruto, not much else.

Now, to people this wouldn't make sense: ........................ I guess that is what the Uchiha brain chemistry is for :')

Minato be like: "Bruh, I know Obito did a mistake here, but you are friends aren't you? If I can forgive him killing me and my wife off, so can you"
I can give this a pass as the whole point in Naruto is overcoming hate and not going the path of revenge as it accomplishes nothing but triggering other revenges.

................................................ But then Shikamaru got his revenge in a matter of days.

It's contradictory all the time.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Or Naruto saying he was “nothing but awesome to me.” At least where Naruto’s concerned, I can understand forgiving him more since he chose to help them against Kaguya at that point, but it’s rather insulting to all the people he made suffer and killed over the years. As well as all the people who supported Naruto over the years. Obito’s reasons being contrived in nature doesn’t help justify his actions any more.

Or Naruto saying he was “nothing but awesome to me.” At least where Naruto’s concerned, I can understand forgiving him more since he chose to help them against Kaguya at that point, but it’s rather insulting to all the people he made suffer and killed over the years. As well as all the people who supported Naruto over the years. Obito’s reasons being contrived in nature doesn’t help justify his actions any more.
No one is really justifying acts. Forgiveness should be given because revenge is pointless - it only causes further hurt to people around or the one executing revenge. That’s the point Naruto painstakingly taught Nagato and Obito and tried to teach Sasuke.
Their evil actions remain. But hell, even in this universe prison exists.

Forgiveness is all fine, but it should have some proportionality. Like Naruto forgiving Nagato because his parents too were killed by Konoha Ninjas and after Nagato revived the dead from Konoha. Or Nagato putting his trust in Naruto.

But here you have Obito who killed Minato and Kuina, had his members destroy villages, declared a world war which killed thousands of people including main characters like Neji, Shikamaru's dad, etc. all with the intention of enslaving the whole world. Over the death of his 12 yr old childhood crush he couldn't get over with for decades.

And ppl be like, it's all good bro. Everyone makes mistakes.

Forgiveness is all fine, but it should have some proportionality. Like Naruto forgiving Nagato because his parents too were killed by Konoha Ninjas and after Nagato revived the dead from Konoha. Or Nagato putting his trust in Naruto.

But here you have Obito who killed Minato and Kuina, had his members destroy villages, declared a world war which killed thousands of people including main characters like Neji, Shikamaru's dad, etc. all with the intention of enslaving the whole world. Over the death of his 12 yr old childhood crush he couldn't get over with for decades.

And ppl be like, it's all good bro. Everyone makes mistakes.
Hahahah yes, but if he survived this whole ordeal, I am sure he would be severely punished. But of course it was better if he sacrificed himself to help at least at the end.

Also, I don’t see how Nagato is a lesser evil than Obito. He destroyed Konoha, killed who knows how many in his life, and killed Jiraya - yet Naruto took the high road and forgave him.
This is the essence of the story and it’s beautiful if you ask me.

Let’s ignore that Orochimaru and Sasuke are free :’)

Well, Nagato was a different circumstance. Because his parents were killed by Konoha nins and his whole village was laid to waste by them.

That's when Pain told Naruto how the big countries were using his small country as a battlefield, destroyed everything and killed all his beloved ones, asking why Naruto has more right about talking what justice is and what not, Naruto became quiet as he understood Pain's feelings and motive. Also note that Nagato during their talk revived all dead from Konoha.

It's different for Obito. Obito did much much more damage than Nagato for something minor as his childhood crush being killed in a mission.

Well, Nagato was a different circumstance. Because his parents were killed by Konoha nins and his whole village was laid to waste by them.

That's when Pain told Naruto how the big countries were using his small country as a battlefield, destroyed everything and killed all his beloved ones, asking why Naruto has more right about talking what justice is and what not, Naruto became quiet as he understood Pain's feelings and motive. Also note that Nagato during their talk revived all dead from Konoha.

It's different for Obito. Obito did much much more damage than Nagato for something minor as his childhood crush being killed in a mission.
Motive is irrelevant. Motive in storytelling serves to explain the actions, not to justify them. There is no justification in mass murders whatsoever. There cannot be a better mass murderer among mass murderers.

Obito did a lot of damage. Being hung up over Rin so long is completely crazy. But I return to what I was saying: he was calm and collected. If he had been angry and screaming revenge, then it would have been a complete miss. Not even blamed Kakashi. But as he had a traumatic experience at 13 and decided that the world sucks - half of his body was crushed and then Rin was killed by our fave sensei - it’s not a farfetched conclusion for a kid.
Of course, there is no coming back when you go a dark road. Unless if you’re Sasuke.

@Natalija but you tend to have more empathy with one murderer over another. That's completely normal, since we all have our moral values. A father killing the rapist and killer of his daughter is also murder. But some will have empathy for him. While no one will have empathy with the killing rapist.
I’d like to think I would have empathy for everyone, at least I try to. Not really more for Obito than Nagato, I’m trying to explain a possible assessment of Obito because it is very all over the place, I’m not denying. And I don’t think it’s as straightforward as Rin gets killed -> causes war.
Nagato is way way more simple. Though I don’t always understand him either tbh :’)

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I don't mean to sound negative about the manga btw. The madness of the characters and the sinister note is what I like it for. When Sasuke turned all dark during the Chunin exams, I knew it was the show for me.

It's the note I sometimes miss in One Piece.
Chuunin Exams were amazing. Especially the Forest of Death portion, imo.

And I agree. I don't like being negative about this series, as it did do a lot right, and it's one of the earliest series I got into. I just wish things didn't get derailed towards the end.

Chuunin Exams were amazing. Especially the Forest of Death portion, imo.

And I agree. I don't like being negative about this series, as it did do a lot right, and it's one of the earliest series I got into. I just wish things didn't get derailed towards the end.
Definitelyyyy. The forest took it to another level. I thought Orochimaru was scary as hell, and it made the story so much more interesting.

Same same same. I wish the war arc was more deserving. Not that there weren't great things in it! But I guess as a mangaka of a long-running shonen series you're under pressure to up the battle scale constantly, and it doesn't always turn out as you'd imagine.