Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

• Atlanta Hawks

• Sacramento Kings

• Total voters
KD shouldn’t be far behind from Curry if at all on anyone’s list tho. Video game stature and arguably the greatest scorer of all time. I find it hard to put 16 dudes above KD all time, he’s that great.
if he doesnt win in brooklyn
hard to argue top 15
history will remeber it as the 73 win warrior team
how many peeps recall how good charles barkley was in his prime.

H

Haoshoku

if he doesnt win in brooklyn
hard to argue top 15
history will remeber it as the 73 win warrior team
how many peeps recall how good charles barkley was in his prime.
A redemption chip would definitely solidify his placement for sure and with how talented this Brooklyn squad is, that’s only a matter of time. Otherwise if he retired today, placing him anywhere outside the top 20 would be capping territory in my book.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
As a talent? KD>Steph. Steph is jus a FUCKING NUCLEAR weapon Lmaoooo. Dude is going bananas right now. Like dude putting up 2k numbers in real life against dudes who are getting paid millions to stop em

This is exactly how Bron felt in first bid in Cleveland and yea you gotta say bud cause playing in Cleveland for tha Cavs is tha equivalent of being in Prison. Mans going 🅱️Razy and it means nothing cause his teams is ass water smh

Also, as a Hawks fan. Ion ever wanna hea people say Trae is even remotely in Stephs stratosphere as a shooter. And Trae can Shoot, he jus takes a lot of bad and unnecessary extra deep shots. But he’s still not on Steph lvl as a shooter

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
For now legacy wise : Steph > KD

KD is one of the best player ever, the guy is unfair but Steph > KD. Better history, better legacy to the league, more wins etc etc

But If I have to play a 5 vs 5 somewhere I would pick KD and not Steph

(and fuck Durant)

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
It's simple really regarding Steph and KD. KD is the better 1v1 player, i don't think that should be up for debate. He's unguardable, you can't bother his shot you just hope he misses. Steph is the better 5v5 player. He warps entire defenses and impacts the offense so much by just by being on the court. All his teammates eat off him.

In other words KD is the better scorer, Steph the better offensive player. They're legit arguably the best ever in those respective fields.

KD is a top 3 scorer of all time (his efficiency, eye test tells you he scores at will, he scores easier than Kobe, having guard skills at his height is unfair).

Steph is a top 3 offensive player all time (all the advanced stats, impact metrics and his efficiency ontop of that point to this, he's a cheat code).

I don't think either case is that debatable, they're pretty much locked in at top 3. What's also kinda cool is Steph is chasing Magic while KD is chasing Bird, two legendary rivals.

I think both KD and Steph are top 15ish rn. The thing is Brooklyn's stacked the deck so much it's like they're trying to buy the championship, if this was a redeem tour for KD he's doing it wrong.

@Nidai_Kitetsu Jordan will never come close to Curry
Curry>Jordan
Jordan got carried to 6 rings by NBA Rules and multiple allstars+ hall of famers
:jordanmf:
Jordan played against guys like isiah thomas, Karl Malone , Dennis rodman just think can current nba even handle guys like mailman ?

Not denying curry's feat but jordan played in an era where players used to get away giving career ending injury. If he played in current era of basketball he would have more titles.

KD and Steph were on the same team and KD was undoubtably the best player.

People trying to act like Steph doesn’t have 2 easy rings as well
Rings as #1 option
KD: 2
Steph: 1
KD's ring without Steph: 0
Steph's ring without KD: 1

Steph made KD a champion. Even in those finals when KD won the MVP, teams were double teaming Steph, not KD. Warriors nearly lost against Rockets with KD, Steph singlehandedly destroyed the same team next year.

Steph made KD a champion. Even in those finals when KD won the MVP, teams were double teaming Steph, not KD. Warriors nearly lost against Rockets with KD, Steph singlehandedly destroyed the same team next year.
It took Steph 6 games to beat Bron, Delly and Mosgov. 2015 Warriors are one of the most fortunate teams ever. Steph is no doubt great but the thunder and cavs had begun to figure out how to limit him. If KD stayed on the thunder then Steph still only has 1 ring. He wasn’t beating Thunder+Al horford or the 2017 Cavs

Yeah let’s ignore that Chris Paul was totally different in 2019. Dude looked washed

It took Steph 6 games to beat Bron, Delly and Mosgov. 2015 Warriors are one of the most fortunate teams ever. Steph is no doubt great but the thunder and cavs had begun to figure out how to limit him. If KD stayed on the thunder then Steph still only has 1 ring. He wasn’t beating Thunder+Al horford or the 2017 Cavs

Yeah let’s ignore that Chris Paul was totally different in 2019. Dude looked washed
KD was a luxury, not a necessity. Its like you need a decent car to go to office, but you get a Ferrari. Adding a much lesser player than KD was enough for the 2016 Warriors to beat Cavs next year.

Thunder with Westbrick would never beat Curry's team. KD needed Steph and Warriors to change his legacy. Had he not got those 2 easy rings riding Steph's coattails, nobody would have considered him a top 15 player. I am not saying those rings didn't help Steph's legacy, but it helped KD more. Steph was a champion, KD wasn't.

ZenZu

Imagine Pippen being double teamed so MJ can get wide open dunks. That's what the KD being #1 option in the finals argument to me looks like.

Like you said KD benefited much more than the other way around. KD is also unstoppable as an isolation scorer, so he's gonna shine the most if the defense isn't allowed to double him. Steph is a much more impactful player overall offensively. The numbers reflect it, his on/off, W/L record without him, blows KD's out the water.

The last time KD had to work hard on any team was on OKC where he completely choked 3 games away because he was being doubled, (which he has the luxury of never having to deal with again, thanks to stacking the deck) he shot horribly in that series. People try to pass that off under the rug. KD has never played without a loaded team in his entire career, he's atleast had a top 10 player (usually a top 3 guard) beside him at all times to cover his weaknesses. Even OKC had more talent than the Warriors, yet he couldn't take them to the heights Steph could. Which is cool, but when you start comparing him to LBJ that's when you're buggin.

Last edited:
KD was a luxury, not a necessity. Its like you need a decent car to go to office, but you get a Ferrari. Adding a much lesser player than KD was enough for the 2016 Warriors to beat Cavs next year.

Thunder with Westbrick would never beat Curry's team. KD needed Steph and Warriors to change his legacy. Had he not got those 2 easy rings riding Steph's coattails, nobody would have considered him a top 15 player. I am not saying those rings didn't help Steph's legacy, but it helped KD more. Steph was a champion, KD wasn't.
They lost in 2016 and at best had to run it back. The money either had to go to KD or Barnes. The next year the thunder and cavs would’ve improved while the warriors wouldn’t of.

Thunder were up 3-1 on the warriors and were going to add al horford lmao. If Klay didn’t go nuts in game 6 then Steph still has 1 ring.

KD has 2 Finals MVP playing with Steph but he was riding Steph’s coattails? Cmon

They lost in 2016 and at best had to run it back. The money either had to go to KD or Barnes. The next year the thunder and cavs would’ve improved while the warriors wouldn’t of.

Thunder were up 3-1 on the warriors and were going to add al horford lmao. If Klay didn’t go nuts in game 6 then Steph still has 1 ring.

KD has 2 Finals MVP playing with Steph but he was riding Steph’s coattails? Cmon
Harrison Barnes would have shit the bed again tbh if they played the Cavs again in the Finals. Had the worst stretch of his career shooting wise against them and they definitely game planned to leave him wide open in the final games, all he needed to do was hit maybe 2-3 more baskets than he had and the Warriors may have won in 2016

Harrison Barnes would have shit the bed again tbh if they played the Cavs again in the Finals. Had the worst stretch of his career shooting wise against them and they definitely game planned to leave him wide open in the final games, all he needed to do was hit maybe 2-3 more baskets than he had and the Warriors may have won in 2016
That’s fair. I would counter that the Cavs added Kyle Korver and the Warriors bench was worse the next year. Think they lost Barbosa and Speights.

2017 warriors potentially would’ve had to beat Spurs, Thunder, and Cavs. Would’ve been tough

ZenZu

Lol ?
you sure about you need diiffer between best shooter and offensive player
Shaq, Wilt, Iverson, Jordan, Wilkens,Malone ,Elgin and so on they are offensive superior but shooting wise he is superior
Judging by that list I don't think you understand the concept of an offensive player. It's how you impact your team's entire offense. Not just getting your own points.

Steph is on another planet from most of the players on your list barring a couple. Like it's not even remotely close. Aside from him, it's Magic Johnson who is also on another planet compared to pretty much anyone on that list. Nash would also be higher than majority of those guys.

I think you're confusing pure scorers for overall offense.

Judging by that list I don't think you understand the concept of an offensive player. It's how you impact your team's entire offense. Not just getting your own points.

Steph is on another planet from most of the players on your list barring a couple. Like it's not even remotely close. Aside from him, it's Magic Johnson who is also on another planet compared to pretty much anyone on that list. Nash would also be higher than majority of those guys.

I think you're confusing pure scorers for overall offense.
Thats what Im saying you dont know offensive
Jordan was lethal overall he would penetrate the defense and would create an opening for his teammates he would go in to the zone draw players pass the ball to Paxon/Harper/Kerr

Jordan dismantled La in 1991 finals he did go in pass the ball he played PG after the Lakers did concentrate on his teammates he and Grant would destroy them under the basket or he would start fadeaway

Malone was lethal under the basket offensive rebound and the scoring offensive rebound pass the ball

Wilt was just dominant passing, bypassing the defense and passing the ball while drawing players to him rebounding

So Curry is not like them he is one of the best teammates and is lethal shooter and passed

But by saying offensive you have to include everything scoring, rebounding,passing, drawing players, dribbling, mid-way ,long away, ordering them around, screening and so on

I know what you mean he is one of the best point guards in history easily one of the top three

ZenZu

Thats what Im saying you dont know offensive
Jordan was lethal overall he would penetrate the defense and would create an opening for his teammates he would go in to the zone draw players pass the ball to Paxon/Harper/Kerr

Jordan dismantled La in 1991 finals he did go in pass the ball he played PG after the Lakers did concentrate on his teammates he and Grant would destroy them under the basket or he would start fadeaway

Malone was lethal under the basket offensive rebound and the scoring offensive rebound pass the ball

Wilt was just dominant passing, bypassing the defense and passing the ball while drawing players to him rebounding

So Curry is not like them he is one of the best teammates and is lethal shooter and passed

But by saying offensive you have to include everything scoring, rebounding,passing, drawing players, dribbling, mid-way ,long away, ordering them around, screening and so on

I know what you mean he is one of the best point guards in history easily one of the top three
You're talking skillset. What players do to achieve results. Meanwhile I'm talking pure production, the actual results themselves.

Aka how many points a player is responsible for (directly or indirectly) on the offensive end by being on the floor.

Being more well rounded does not make you the better offensive player if it doesn't result in more production on the offensive end. Efficiency stats, PPP, ORTG (on/off +/-), RAPM etc. taking a look at all of these advanced stats gives you a clear picture of which players impact the game the most. Steph dominates efficiency and impact stats. I'm not gonna go into the details of how or why Steph can do it, the point is he just does (short answer is his shooting creates space for his teammates unlike any other player in the history of the league, ontop of the fact that 3 pointers are much more efficient than 2 pointers, and the volume and efficiency he shoots them at is unprecedented).