• Atlanta Hawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sacramento Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
100%

This is why Rim protection will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> perimeter defense, and no guard ever should have, or ever should in the future win DPOY. They will never come close to the impact that best rim protector will have in this league.

It's why I cringe when I see people say MJ, Kobe, LeBron, Pippen, Kawhi. etc. are top 10 defenders of all time
You know ball. I tell people this all the time.

Rim protection is game changing on an individual level. One elite perimeter defender isn't doing shit, you need every one to be on the same page, help defense and all.

Rim protection is game changing on an individual level. One elite perimeter defender isn't doing shit, you need every one to be on the same page, help defense and all.
The only guys that I wouldn't consider "rim protectors" I've ever seen that could singlehandidly impact a game defensively to the same degree as the top rim protectors ever are Dennis Rodman and Draymond Green. ESPECIALLY Draymond. Smartest defensive player I've ever seen.
Post automatically merged:

A great example of this is actually this Kings series. Davion Mitchell is an elite guard defender who has done about as good as you can on Curry but the Kings overall defense sucks ass so it hardly even matters. Whereas Gobert played with some of the worst perimeter defenses I've ever seen but his Rim protection was carrying teams to the playoffs lmao

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The only guys that I wouldn't consider "rim protectors" I've ever seen that could singlehandidly impact a game defensively to the same degree as the top rim protectors ever are Dennis Rodman and Draymond Green. ESPECIALLY Draymond. Smartest defensive player I've ever seen.
Exactly, and the reason is Draymond does far more than man to man. He communicates and anchors the defense like a big would, he's a great help and team defender. Can guard 1-5 and also protects the rim when necessary. He is the rare exception.

A great example of this is actually this Kings series. Davion Mitchell is an elite guard defender who has done about as good as you can on Curry but the Kings overall defense sucks ass so it hardly even matters. Whereas Gobert played with some of the worst perimeter defenses I've ever seen but his Rim protection was carrying teams to the playoffs lmao
Yea this is a perfect example.

100%

This is why Rim protection will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> perimeter defense, and no guard ever should have, or ever should in the future win DPOY. They will never come close to the impact that best rim protector will have in this league.

It's why I cringe when I see people say MJ, Kobe, LeBron, Pippen, Kawhi. etc. are top 10 defenders of all time
I mean you could make an exception to Pippen and Kawhi (more Pippen) because they're literally the greatest perimeter defenders ever.

In the media maybe, but fans I think know that, not that unpopular.
True.

Eh maybe. But only he knows the answer to that.
Draymond went to the front office with the idea of recruiting Durant. Think about it, the only way for Steph to stop that was to tell the front office, "This is my team, I am not sharing my spotlight with nobody". However, from a team perspective, this would make zero sense as Warriors not only becomes the heavy favorites but also kill any competition by recruiting Durant. Steph doesnt have that type of personality, he is one of the most selfless superstars ever. Remember last season, he let Jordan Poole start during playoffs while he came off the bench. Thats the type of leader he is, who sets examples by sharing and sacrificing his spotlight.

Exactly, and the reason is Draymond does far more than man to man. He communicates and anchors the defense like a big would, he's a great help and team defender. Can guard 1-5 and also protects the rim when necessary. He is the rare exception.

Yea this is a perfect example.

Yeah when people say "Oh he can guard 1-5" 99.9% of the time its grade A bullshit. But Draymond? that motherfucker can do it

I mean you could make an exception to Pippen and Kawhi (more Pippen) because they're literally the greatest perimeter defenders ever.
And yet they still dont have close to the same impact as all time great rim protectors

Last edited:
Yeah when people say "Oh he can guard 1-5" 99.9% of the time its grade A bullshit. But Draymond? that motherfucker can do it

And yet they still dont have close to the same impact as all time great rim protectors
Sure. Although there's only a handful of all-time rim protectors that you would put above them and they also got to move well or be a better offensive player if you want to put them in crunch time like a KG, Hakeem, etc.

Myth, KD has choked more often than not in crunch times. You are a Rockets fan, right? No wonder you hate Steph after years of torment
Sure. I mean when we played against him, he was the one that was killing us for the majority of the series because of the switching and I fucking HATED him for going to GS. Steph also had games where he also killed us but when they both played together, I thought KD killed us more when we switched because OBVIOUSLY.

I mean it's not hate if I still consider him to be a top 3-5 player lol. There was that 1 guy before that had LeBron out of the top 10 a couple of years ago so I'm not a hater if I'm comparing myself to that :kayneshrug:

Sure. Although there's only a handful of all-time rim protectors that you would put above them and they also got to move well or be a better offensive player if you want to put them in crunch time like a KG, Hakeem, etc.

Sure. I mean when we played against him, he was the one that was killing us for the majority of the series because of the switching and I fucking HATED him for going to GS. Steph also had games where he also killed us but when they both played together, I thought KD killed us when we switched because OBVIOUSLY.

I mean it's not hate if I still consider him to be a top 5 player lol. There was that 1 guy before that had LeBron out of the top 10 a couple of years ago so I'm not a hater if I'm comparing myself to that :kayneshrug:

I can come up with more than a handful lol.

KG
Dwight
Ewing
Mutumbo
Hakeem
Thurmond
Wilt
Russell
Duncan
Walton
Mourning
DRob
Gobert
Wallace
Giannis
Kareem
AD
Marcus Camby
Joakim Noah
Mark Eaton
etc. etc. etc. pretty much any premier rim protector at point in history in the league is going to be more valuable than even ATG perimeter defenders.

I can come up with more than a handful lol.

KG
Dwight
Ewing
Mutumbo
Hakeem
Thurmond
Wilt
Russell
Duncan
Walton
Mourning
DRob
Gobert
Wallace
Giannis
Kareem
AD
Marcus Camby
Joakim Noah
Mark Eaton
etc. etc. etc. pretty much any premier rim protector at point in history in the league is going to be more valuable than even ATG perimeter defenders.
I know that but I have Pippen and Kawhi being better defenders than a handful of them because I'm also looking at it if they were in the modern game and it was 5-out. Some of them have benefits because there was no 3-second rule during their time so I wonder about a guy like Mark Eaton and maybe Mutombo if they can go over quickly as some of the guys can. I can at least accept 8 guys from that list although I don't even want to put Russell and Wilt there because I want to go for modern players although if you do, Russell is arguably the greatest defender ever

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
True.

Draymond went to the front office with the idea of recruiting Durant. Think about it, the only way for Steph to stop that was to tell the front office, "This is my team, I am not sharing my spotlight with nobody". However, from a team perspective, this would make zero sense as Warriors not only becomes the heavy favorites but also kill any competition by recruiting Durant. Steph doesnt have that type of personality, he is one of the most selfless superstars ever. Remember last season, he let Jordan Poole start during playoffs while he came off the bench. Thats the type of leader he is, who sets examples by sharing and sacrificing his spotlight.
To be a real superstar you have to be a bit self centered

And you have to want to win by « yourself »

If you’re a real competitor, a real star, you can’t accept something as cheap as recruiting Durant while you’re already the fucking best team of the decade. Especially after that 3-1 breakdown

It’s not a question of being selfless, it’s a question of respecting your own ego and the competition.

I don’t think at all Curry showed himself to be a insane leader by accepting Durant in the team. It’s not an exemple I want for other big players to follow.

Letting Poole playing if he is better is great and really a great exemple. Letting Durant in and going the easy route without doing it by yourself and with your team : lame as hell.

Last edited:
If you’re a real competitor, a real star, you can’t accept something as cheap as recruiting Durant while you’re already the fucking best team of the decade. Especially after that 3-1 breakdown
Its Durant who should have had problems as he blew a 3-1 lead to GSW. Why would Curry have a problem with Durant other than sharing spotlight?

It’s not a question of being selfless, it’s a question of respecting your own ego
Putting ego aside is a sign of selflessness. Arent you contradicting yourself? =>
To be a real superstar you have to be a bit selfless

you’re already the fucking best team of the decade
Not really, I would argue Cavs were more talented than GSW

Letting Durant in and going the easy route without doing it by yourself and with your team : lame as hell.
I understand why you feel its lame, but you dont say no when a player like Durant is available.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Putting ego aside is a sign of selflessness. Arent you contradicting yourself? =>
Yeah lol sorry still the morning

wanted to say that as a superstar you have to be a bit self centered (not selfless)
and you have to respect your own win and make it valuable, not cheap

I understand why you feel its lame, but you dont say no when a player like Durant is available
I think you can
I agree it’s not that easy, but in Curry position he should have say no

Imagine Bird joining Magic
Or Jordan joining the Pistons back then
Etc etc

Would be crazy and I don’t think any of them would have wanted that

Not really, I would argue Cavs were more talented than GSW
GS had the best season ever
Won the title the year before
Led 3-1 the last finale

Curry was already in the best team possible

And even if you think Cavs were better, adding good or great players would have been totally okay, not adding the 3rd best player at the time after Bron/Curry
Totally overkill

s Durant who should have had problems as he blew a 3-1 lead to GSW. Why would Curry have a problem with Durant other than sharing spotlight?
Because it makes his own win less meaningful
Less satisfying.
It’s a weak move from both Curry/GS and Durant

Last edited:
Yeah lol sorry still the morning

wanted to say that as a superstar you have to be a bit self centered (not selfless
The recipe for Golden States success is team basketball. GSW was able to rule this decade with their team basketball when most teams rely on iso ball and individual talents. All this was possible because Steph doesn't want to hog all the glory, i.e., he is not self centered

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The recipe for Golden States success is team basketball. GSW was able to rule this decade with their team basketball when most teams rely on iso ball and individual talents. All this was possible because Steph doesn't want to hog all the glory, i.e., he is not self centered
Yeah but he went from being selfless to quitting being a competitor. And that is a problem

True lol

I was mad at this decision and still pissed years after haha

But I think what I said is also true. Winning with Durant was quite cheaper than winning with his already extremely strong team. It lacks guts
Well, Adam Silver (who banned Draymond in game 5) and referees (who gave Curry 6 fouls in game 6) were Lebron's buddies, Steph needed to stack the deck too :kayneshrug: