General & Others New Oda interview: "I want to end OP in 3 years!"

Okay so this is basically all speculation:

- whatever he said I really expect 1200 chapters, I suppose that's 120 volumes. Or either one.

- that should be a lot of time, except we just had act 3 of Wano last about 70 chapters. All that fucking time mostly just going through motions. Doesn't feel too efficient to say the least.

- I think the biggest potential obstacles to coming close to three years are hard plot points. Some of Wano really fucking sucked and it was bizarre to see so many things hammered in without reasoning or follow through. Like seriously, take out the numbers and you'd lose nothing. I think he wouldn't back off from some beats and the stories get bloated by giving them adequate space. Page One had no business staying around after the rooftop but Oda really wanted Big Mom to knock him out as a gag. Ulti never had to exist. Kanjuro being around so long was dumb but Oda really planned on a big fire... that Raizo existed to snuff. Asura Doji also needed to be a sacrifice so hey, more of the same even if the resolution was a strong character dying to the second to last attack from that weaker character defeated volumes ago. Then in total it was like Zunesha took up a whole chapter and that only amounted to telling us Luffy is Joyboy, even though it was clear from several other angles. Shit like that you know?

- it's hard to know when he checked out because of the padding. But I actually feel like it was around 998. When he was like "fuck." He laid out so much and had those certain plots he needed to do, but despite some cool shit the story just soent weird amounts of time on the wrong things. Like he got lost on the way to closing plots one by one. He made 999 and 1000 what he needed them to be, but there was always some shitty side plot being pulled up that didn't end well. 1004... how did Hiyori just show up without anyone knowing for such long time? She's got skills Greenbull should be learning

H

Herrera95

Imagine the content creators who used to defend Oda estimates on the past reading that Oda himself said he always got those wrong.

BUT WHEN IT IS FOUND the WHOLE WORLD WILL BE TURNED UPSIDE DOWN."
Yup. Whitebeard doesn’t say “When it is found, the Great War will begin”

Oda is telling you that when it is found, the part about “The whole world will be turned upside down” is in fact the end of the story.

Get it? The turning upside down is the happily ever after

- whatever he said I really expect 1200 chapters, I suppose that's 120 volumes. Or either one.

- that should be a lot of time, except we just had act 3 of Wano last about 70 chapters. All that fucking time mostly just going through motions. Doesn't feel too efficient to say the least.

- I think the biggest potential obstacles to coming close to three years are hard plot points. Some of Wano really fucking sucked and it was bizarre to see so many things hammered in without reasoning or follow through. Like seriously, take out the numbers and you'd lose nothing. I think he wouldn't back off from some beats and the stories get bloated by giving them adequate space. Page One had no business staying around after the rooftop but Oda really wanted Big Mom to knock him out as a gag. Ulti never had to exist. Kanjuro being around so long was dumb but Oda really planned on a big fire... that Raizo existed to snuff. Asura Doji also needed to be a sacrifice so hey, more of the same even if the resolution was a strong character dying to the second to last attack from that weaker character defeated volumes ago. Then in total it was like Zunesha took up a whole chapter and that only amounted to telling us Luffy is Joyboy, even though it was clear from several other angles. Shit like that you know?

- it's hard to know when he checked out because of the padding. But I actually feel like it was around 998. When he was like "fuck." He laid out so much and had those certain plots he needed to do, but despite some cool shit the story just soent weird amounts of time on the wrong things. Like he got lost on the way to closing plots one by one. He made 999 and 1000 what he needed them to be, but there was always some shitty side plot being pulled up that didn't end well. 1004... how did Hiyori just show up without anyone knowing for such long time? She's got skills Greenbull should be learning
Youu have no idea if Act 3 of Wano was always intended to be that long. It hasn't ended, remember? We're on the outside looking in.

Since you asked: How the fuck did Hiyori pull up after all?

Last thing we saw from her was her in the snowy Ringo mountains.

She also didn't come with Otama's ship.

So did I forget or miss something? How on earth did she just suddenly emerge in the middle of Onigashima?

Since you asked: How the fuck did Hiyori pull up after all?

Last thing we saw from her was her in the snowy Ringo mountains.

She also didn't come with Otama's ship.

So did I forget or miss something? How on earth did she just suddenly emerge in the middle of Onigashima?
Of all the possible abilities she could have been given, some of us thought she would use Ame because she seemed destined for a showdown with Orochi. Even though Oda never took the time to show her training, like he showed with Rebecca. But she somehow got this master skill to move undetected that you could make a leap and tie to witching hour boy I guess, only to get saved by Denjiro because again learning to fight was somehow something they never bothered with lmao

Yup. Whitebeard doesn’t say “When it is found, the Great War will begin”

Oda is telling you that when it is found, the part about “The whole world will be turned upside down” is in fact the end of the story.

Get it? The turning upside down is the happily ever after
Um, no. It seems you're the one misinterpreting that entire scene with Whitebeard.

The phrase "to turn upside down" means to cause disorder, mess up etc... ". That is what is going to happen after the One Piece is found. Where do you get happily ever after from that?

He is cramming more stuff into each chapter for last three four chapters but as Fn Lucci mentioned, Act 3 of Wano has been kind of weird. Unnecessary things to us but fun to Oda was given more panel time while important things to us but serious stuff to Oda got less time and was rushed.
If he can cram a lot of content into each chapter, he can finish OP in 100-200 chapters I think. If he tries to reduce gag moments, we can really enjoy last parts of the story in a condensed way (not dragged out). I’m up for it. Back to back high quality chapters with loads of content will be great for Oda and OP but not sure he’ll do it this way.

Um, no. It seems you're the one misinterpreting that entire scene with Whitebeard.

The phrase "to turn upside down" means to cause disorder, mess up etc... ". That is what is going to happen after the One Piece is found. Where do you get happily ever after from that?
How many quotes have you seen in this story about how the current world is messed up? Did you miss all those quotes? You cause a disruption in a fucked up world then you know, that’s a good thing… Remember? The D clan? Law literally says “D will bring a storm”… Get it? Storms don’t cause order. They cause disorder

Like the happily ever after is the disruption of the current world order which will be caused by the one piece being found

it’s weird that Oda has said the story ends after One piece is found TWICE now, and his words are up for debate. You realize YOU are the one that added this whole “adventure” thing. Oda simply says the story ends. Plain and simple.

How many quotes have you seen in this story about how the current world is messed up? Did you miss all those quotes? You cause a disruption in a fucked up world then you know, that’s a good thing… Remember? The D clan? Law literally says “D will bring a storm”… Get it? Storms don’t cause order. They cause disorder

Like the happily ever after is the disruption of the current world order which will be caused by the one piece being found

it’s weird that Oda has said the story ends after One piece is found TWICE now, and his words are up for debate. You realize YOU are the one that added this whole “adventure” thing. Oda simply says the story ends. Plain and simple.
Bruh, I just posted the quote for you... Oda says "RATHER THAN FINISHING THE WHOLE SERIES, The Story that's about to end, is the most interesting part of Luffy's ADVENTURE. What is the One Piece?"

Where did I add that part, when it's in Oda's quote.... Smh.... Oda is talking about the Story of what is the One Piece... He literally says he is not talking about finishing THE WHOLE SERIES in that SBS quote....

The Story that's about to end, is the most interesting part of Luffy's ADVENTURE.
In this interview Oda says he wants the end of the story to be “the peak of all he has written”. He wants the end to be the best part of the entire story

Oda says the most interesting part of the story is finding the one piece itself. And Oda said he wants the end to be the best part of the story

so Oda is literally admitting that finding the one piece is in fact THE BEST PART OF THE STORY which he says is THE END OF THE STORY

The fact that he said it means that he doesn’t care anymore and wants to retire asap. It’s impossible to resolve so many plot threads, mysteries and make so many fights that are supposed to happen in 200 chapters.

In this interview Oda says he wants the end of the story to be “the peak of all he has written”. He wants the end to be the best part of the entire story

Oda says the most interesting part of the story is finding the one piece itself. And Oda said he wants the end to be the best part of the story

so Oda is literally admitting that finding the one piece is in fact THE BEST PART OF THE STORY which he says is THE END OF THE STORY
You do realize we are entering into the end phase of the story, and this is what Oda is referring to, right? He's about answer all the mysteries and conclude with the final war, and he wants it to be the best he's ever written.