Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
If it's not Elbaf next, the moon arc could be next :funky:
I want Elbaf to be next so I don't lose my ongoing bet:suresure: feels good that tomorrow I can switch back to an avi of my choice :D

Also, going to Elbaf and FINALLY having an island where you catch up with friends and don't have to rescue anyone, fight the WG and marines, or yonkou crews. Although, if Luffy has a clash with RHP there, who am I to complain!:queenmoji:

Also, to stay on topic, Loki for nakama?

Thank you for the shout out. I felt super vindicated
Post automatically merged:

No dude, you can't just go, Lilith is bland but York is good, it doesn't work like that, they all represent negative traits and they all were down for the count.

This was shit, noone though it was York, noone considered it was York because it's not even interesting and noone is satisfied that it even is York.

It fails at all levels as any sort of murder mystery.
If you go to my profile and look at my posts you can see I was saying York was the traitor in early Feb, but I had thought she must be the traitor from the first panel it was mentioned. I just wanted to get my theory out in case it came true: YAY!

I figured it was York due to a couple of things: 1.) She was the only Vegapunk to not get a moment to show that she does any thinking or inventing aside from Atlas, however Atlas was given the opportunity to talk to Luffy and explain certain things.
2.) She was the only Vegapunk not shown to be talking to the crew. See point 2.
3.) You can see her wander off a couple of times through the chapters right before something happens.

4.) Oda and many other writers keep to certain themes. If a character is introduced as a major plot point (being a Vegapunk) and is not given formal screentime or interaction, most times that means their moment will come later. Then we were introduced to the traitor plotline. If it was going to be a new character they would have mentioned something like: Where is x? Oh did you not meet x? But instead we had one character that was in the background even though her counterparts were in the foreground. That made it obvious that she would be involved in a major plot point later, considering that at the time there was a secret traitor that had intiment knowledge of Egghead and the systems therein, was able to dupe all of the other Vegapunks, and was shown to have command authority. To me it indicated York was 100% the traitor. I also figured when she repeated Edison's line to S-Snake it was an activation code to be turned to stone. Considering we knew that S-Snake was attempting to kill, the petrification seemed like a key indicator that she was the traitor b/c we know it can be undone. This also fooled most everyone into thinking she was out of the fray and that one of the remaining Vegapunks was the traitor. This was all for the purpose of throwing off the reader.

5.) We were able to see the other Vegapunks embody their personality traits. Eating, pooping, and sleeping for everyone else isn't very greedy. It's lazy. Greedy would be her doing it for herself. I figured she would have a moment to show Greed, and what better showcase than to kill off all of the others and become the only Vegapunk? The only thing I am waiting on and only time will tell is if she mentions that she is angry at only being used to eat, sleep, and poop. I really hope that comes through because then everything I have been saying would come true. But if it doesn't it doesn't.

Happy monday!

Last edited:
Thank you for the shout out. I felt super vindicated

If you go to my profile and look at my posts you can see I was saying York was the traitor in early Feb, but I had thought she must be the traitor from the first panel it was mentioned. I just wanted to get my theory out in case it came true: YAY!

I figured it was York due to a couple of things: 1.) She was the only Vegapunk to not get a moment to show that she does any thinking or inventing aside from Atlas, however Atlas was given the opportunity to talk to Luffy and explain certain things.
2.) She was the only Vegapunk not shown to be talking to the crew. See point 2.
3.) You can see her wander off a couple of times through the chapters right before something happens.

4.) Oda and many other writers keep to certain themes. If a character is introduced as a major plot point (being a Vegapunk) and is not given formal screentime or interaction, most times that means their moment will come later. Then we were introduced to the traitor plotline. If it was going to be a new character they would have mentioned something like: Where is x? Oh did you not meet x? But instead we had one character that was in the background even though her counterparts were in the foreground. That made it obvious that she would be involved in a major plot point later, considering that at the time there was a secret traitor that had intiment knowledge of Egghead and the systems therein, was able to dupe all of the other Vegapunks, and was shown to have command authority. To me it indicated York was 100% the traitor. I also figured when she repeated Edison's line to S-Snake it was an activation code to be turned to stone. Considering we knew that S-Snake was attempting to kill, the petrification seemed like a key indicator that she was the traitor b/c we know it can be undone. This also fooled most everyone into thinking she was out of the fray and that one of the remaining Vegapunks was the traitor. This was all for the purpose of throwing off the reader.

5.) We were able to see the other Vegapunks embody their personality traits. Eating, pooping, and sleeping for everyone else isn't very greedy. It's lazy. Greedy would be her doing it for herself. I figured she would have a moment to show Greed, and what better showcase than to kill off all of the others and become the only Vegapunk? The only thing I am waiting on and only time will tell is if she mentions that she is angry at only being used to eat, sleep, and poop. I really hope that comes through because then everything I have been saying would come true. But if it doesn't it doesn't.

Happy monday!
Well i don't agree that things like " she never talked to the crew" translates into someone being the traitor. I don't see the connection.

You could say York is great reveal because she's such a background character but i heard initially very similiar arguments from people saying it was Edisson or Pythagoras, and it works just as well. Her wandering around i don't think lines up with things like the cameras going off or that bomb that blew up Pythagoras, which are the main issues.

As for point number 4 again, most people didn't think it was York because honestly most Satelites are very irrelevant and forgetable, i myself strugle to rebember their names,, Shaka is obviously the main one, Atlas and Lilith have an extremlly lukewarm developement and Edison, Pythagoras and York are all very background characters, so i'm not shocked that it's York because "we never suspected it", it's just that it's just as good as Edison in that aspect because they're all very unsuspecting background satelites.

As for the S-snake beam, again i dunno why anyone is trying to justify this, yes for the "the purpose of throwing off the reader" it's great, because it's an ass pull to estabilish that a character was "dead", but in in-world logic it makes no sense, not only did she ask to be petrified for the purposes of tricking just 2 SHs, noone even suspected her, and in that same chapter Shaka simply wandered off away from a fight and went to Vegapunk and noone cared.

York on the other hand suposedly, asked S-Snake to atack her group, got petrified on purpose and then told S-snake previously to unpetrify her, at risk of being seen by Franky or anyone, to trick 2 people who didn't suspect her, to then go to Vegapunk to shoot Shaka in the head, (without knowning he was there), before he could save Vegapunk.

And so i ask what is the point of this perfectly timed theatre? Besides lining up things perfectly for Oda?

And finally for point number 5, again just as point number 4, this thing of "York is great because she's greed", my guy, Lilith literally embodies "Evil".
Just as much as York is similiar in unsuspecting candidates due to irrelevance like Pythagoras or Edison, she's also thematically not better than Lilith or Atlas. In fact a lot of people i saw, didn't suspect Lilith because it was too obvious, that the character that represents "Evil" would be the traitor, because duh, it's Evil.

If i were to atribute a theme to traitor/wanting to be a celestial dragon it would be evil not greed. The concept of greed that people are alluding to here doesn't even make sense, greed is usually associated with wealth and power, they literally live on an island that can produce jewels and Lilith doesn't seem to even want money as a character, so what does she want?

The power to own slaves? Or kill people at a whim? Because that sounds more like "evil" and if we're pretending that the satelites theme matter, i'll be expecting Lilith to be a villain relatively soon, because if York can embody greed so much that she wants to be a CD, i see no reason why Lilith would ever be a good guy, because otherwise that means the satelites themes is just bs.

So yeah:few:

@Connor Kenway Better you delete this comment above mine or else you will get banned by a mod - just saying.
Yeah man no posting spoilers outside of spoiler threads.

Well i don't agree that things like " she never talked to the crew" translates into someone being the traitor. I don't see the connection.

You could say York is great reveal because she's such a background character but i heard initially very similiar arguments from people saying it was Edisson or Pythagoras, and it works just as well. Her wandering around i don't think lines up with things like the cameras going off or that bomb that blew up Pythagoras, which are the main issues.

As for point number 4 again, most people didn't think it was York because honestly most Satelites are very irrelevant and forgetable, i myself strugle to rebember their names,, Shaka is obviously the main one, Atlas and Lilith have an extremlly lukewarm developement and Edison, Pythagoras and York are all very background characters, so i'm not shocked that it's York because "we never suspected it", it's just that it's just as good as Edison in that aspect because they're all very unsuspecting background satelites.

As for the S-snake beam, again i dunno why anyone is trying to justify this, yes for the "the purpose of throwing off the reader" it's great, because it's an ass pull to estabilish that a character was "dead", but in in-world logic it makes no sense, not only did she ask to be petrified for the purposes of tricking just 2 SHs, noone even suspected her, and in that same chapter Shaka simply wandered off away from a fight and went to Vegapunk and noone cared.

York on the other hand suposedly, asked S-Snake to atack her group, got petrified on purpose and then told S-snake previously to unpetrify her, at risk of being seen by Franky or anyone, to trick 2 people who didn't suspect her, to then go to Vegapunk to shoot Shaka in the head, (without knowning he was there), before he could save Vegapunk.

And so i ask what is the point of this perfectly timed theatre? Besides lining up things perfectly for Oda?

And finally for point number 5, again just as point number 4, this thing of "York is great because she's greed", my guy, Lilith literally embodies "Evil".
Just as much as York is similiar in unsuspecting candidates due to irrelevance like Pythagoras or Edison, she's also thematically not better than Lilith or Atlas. In fact a lot of people i saw, didn't suspect Lilith because it was too obvious, that the character that represents "Evil" would be the traitor, because duh, it's Evil.

If i were to atribute a theme to traitor/wanting to be a celestial dragon it would be evil not greed. The concept of greed that people are alluding to here doesn't even make sense, greed is usually associated with wealth and power, they literally live on an island that can produce jewels and Lilith doesn't seem to even want money as a character, so what does she want?

The power to own slaves? Or kill people at a whim? Because that sounds more like "evil" and if we're pretending that the satelites theme matter, i'll be expecting Lilith to be a villain relatively soon, because if York can embody greed so much that she wants to be a CD, i see no reason why Lilith would ever be a good guy, because otherwise that means the satelites themes is just bs.

So yeah:few:
I understand your gripes with Oda. I agree on many of what you said. I mainly care that I was right lmao.

My reply was to show how I came up with my theory, not to justify Oda's decision. One major gripe I have is that the beam was later used on the others. Oda should have kept the beam solely to York to better tidy up his decision to make her the antagonist Vegapunk

I have a question! A comment of mine was deleted here with the reason of “do not post spoiler outside of the spoiler thread”. Is there a way to check? I do remover posting spoilers here. I might have by accident, thinking that I’m in the spoiler thread.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I have a question! A comment of mine was deleted here with the reason of “do not post spoiler outside of the spoiler thread”. Is there a way to check? I do remover posting spoilers here. I might have by accident, thinking that I’m in the spoiler thread.
I permanently deleted it, so you can't check. But it hinted at the spoilers & encouraged spoiler discussion.