Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Can you explain how Oda spending several chapters on worldwide events in the middle of the arc means that what the narrator described as an event that will shake the world is going to be minor?
Because odas building a fuck ton of subplots right now I’m worried that the Stussy subplot is only going to be glossed over and the world shaking event seems like it’ll more involve the gorosei.

Because odas building a fuck ton of subplots right now I’m worried that the Stussy subplot is only going to be glossed over and the world shaking event seems like it’ll more involve the gorosei.
I'm starting to think that several characters will go with the mugiwaras for laugh tale (vegapunk, vivi, buggy, shanks). I dont think vegapunk, one of the most important characters of the story, will be killed in this arc, he will have a key importance for the future events). Vegapunk is interested to discover the truth about the history and the ancient energy, I can see he going with the strawhats to laugh tale. My guess is or stussy will just accompany vegapunk and the strawhats or she will die in the egg head event, sacrificing herself or something like that.
Post automatically merged:

I'm starting to think that several characters will go with the mugiwaras for laugh tale (vegapunk, vivi, buggy, shanks). I dont think vegapunk, one of the most important characters of the story, will be killed in this arc, he will have a key importance for the future events). Vegapunk is interested to discover the truth about the history and the ancient energy, I can see he going with the strawhats to laugh tale. My guess is or stussy will just accompany vegapunk and the strawhats or she will die in the egg head event, sacrificing herself or something like that.
But probably oda wants to give a positive message that clone are also humans, with their feelings and etc. So maybe he wont kill her

Post automatically merged:

But probably oda wants to give a positive message that clone are also humans, with their feelings and etc. So maybe he wont kill her
Vegapunk is dying here or downloading his consciousness to punk records imo. Everything about Vegapunk is riddled with death flags as he said he’d die himself.

Buggy will get there himself first. He knows the location of three poneglyphs, he doesn’t need to fight strong people for them, Croc and Mihawk are more than enough muscle to take them.

Shanks I don’t think would ever serve under luffy. And he’s too set up in the BB plot.

Stussy I think still has a chance but seeing oda stacking all the plots up, I fear he won’t give Stussys subplot in Egghead the focus it deserves which will greatly hurt her chances.

Vegapunk is dying here or downloading his consciousness to punk records imo. Everything about Vegapunk is riddled with death flags as he said he’d die himself.

Buggy will get there himself first. He knows the location of three poneglyphs, he doesn’t need to fight strong people for them, Croc and Mihawk are more than enough muscle to take them.

Shanks I don’t think would ever serve under luffy. And he’s too set up in the BB plot.

Stussy I think still has a chance but seeing oda stacking all the plots up, I fear he won’t give Stussys subplot in Egghead the focus it deserves which will greatly hurt her chances.
Yeah, but I have a feeling he will die only in the final war arc. But everything is possible

We're in an intermission right now, but this looks to be the arc where an admiral goes down for the first time, maybe even a gorosei. We have a vegapunk clone traitor, the seraphim, and the Blackbeard pirates just showed up. Have faith, egghead is just getting started.

Vegapunk is 100% sailing with the crew, in a Law role at the least (I think Bonney will, too).

The more and more I think about it, the more I like the theory where Luffy ends up with the same number of crewmates as Roger.

Fuck it, give me Paulie, Bonney, two/three different Vegapunks. Hell, fucking Rob Lucci, Wano broke me, I'm ready for any shitshow to occur now, I just want it to be amusing.
You know how many that would be?! :luchosop:

Maybe EoS, but Oda wouldn‘t be able to dedicate panels to all of them. He struggles enough with that as it is.

It would be interesting though.

We're in an intermission right now, but this looks to be the arc where an admiral goes down for the first time, maybe even a gorosei. We have a vegapunk clone traitor, the seraphim, and the Blackbeard pirates just showed up. Have faith, egghead is just getting started.
For me the most curious thing is what will made the strawhats stay in egg head until the next day. The egg head incident is one day after the current day.

Last edited:
Vegapunk is going to be this arc's Vivi. No doubt about that.
You know how many that would be?! :luchosop:

Maybe EoS, but Oda wouldn‘t be able to dedicate panels to all of them. He struggles enough with that as it is.

It would be interesting though.
Oda really hasn't been able to meaningfully depict the Straw Hats together since the timeskip to the point where we might not even see some for months or even years at a time outside of covers. Even their reunion after the timeskip felt so shallow compared to the emotional rollercoaster they felt for each other at the time they were all split up or the bonding before hand. Hell anime filler seems to be the only place you really see all of them bonding together anymore that's not just one panel or 3 panels of them partying or taking a bath.

As much as I wanna see certain characters as nakama, LOda can barely give us enough of the already existing Straw Hats together as it is.