Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
You better pin this up...

Maybe not many person know that Oda was strongly influenced by this opera airing a lot of time ago called "Vicky the viking"
And I believe Oda was influenced a lot by this cartoon to create the strawhat's crew.
Let's see all the amazing coincidences...

Vicky- He's a young and excited boy full of energy that wants to explore the sea. He's full of imagination also - Luffy
Faxe - The giant of the group on the background- He's clearly Franky. Also, both of their name start with F
Ylvi- She believes deeply in Vicky and she is a supporter - Nami
Ylva- Vicky's mother, it's right next to him in the picture, and we know that Robin is like a motherly figure inside the crew
Tjure and Snorre - They are always fighting each other, and Snorre is blond with a bang on the hair. Also his name starts with S. Does it resemble someone? Sanji and Zoro ofc
Ulme - Singer and poet of the crew. I don't need to add anything else, since it's clearly Brook
Halvar- He's big and like a fatherly figure for Luffy.
We know perfectly how much Luffy's has suffered after his brother death, and the one that has always stayed with him, and encouraged him like a father, and actually like a whole father figure inside the whole crew is Jimbei
Gilby- This is a bit difficult. Since he's a rival of the same age of Vicky, and wants to take his place. It's Usopp of course
The dog of the ship- I cannot found this character on the website, but since it's a very old cartoon, it's difficult to find informations in general, but it's clearly chopper, since it's called often Tanuki

Now let's pass to the discussion about the next strawhat:
We have

Urobe - He's the wisest and the most important source of knowledge of the crew. He's the old man on the right.
I think it's Vegapunk
Gorm- He's always on the top of the ship as lookeeper, and always able to do big jumps - C.... I think you understood who I am talking about

Doesn't it remind you a One piece OP? The way characters behave between them, the main character etc...?

Maybe not many person know that Oda was strongly influenced by this opera airing a lot of time ago called "Vicky the viking"
And I believe Oda was influenced a lot by this cartoon to create the strawhat's crew.

Vicky- He's a young and excited boy full of energy that wants to explore the sea. He's full of imagination also - Luffy
Faxe - The giant of the group on the background- He's clearly Franky. Also, both of their name start with F
Ylva- Vicky's mother, it's right next to him in the picture, and we know that Robin is like a motherly figure inside the crew
Tjure and Snorre - They are always fighting each other, and Snorre is blond with a bang on the hair. Also his name starts with S. Does it resemble someone? Sanji and Zoro ofc
Ulme - Singer and poet of the crew. I don't need to add anything else, since it's clearly Brook
We know perfectly how much Luffy's has suffered after his brother death, and the one that has always stayed with him, and encouraged him like a father, and actually like a whole father figure inside the whole crew is Jimbei
Gilby- This is a bit difficult. Since he's a rival of the same age of Vicky, and wants to take his place. It's Usopp of course
The dog of the ship- I cannot found this character on the website, but since it's a very old cartoon, it's difficult to find informations in general, but it's clearly chopper, since it's called often Tanuki

We have

Urobe - He's the wisest and the most important source of knowledge of the crew. He's the old man on the right.
I think it's Vegapunk
Gorm- He's always on the top of the ship as lookeeper, and always able to do big jumps - C.... I think you understood who I am talking about

Doesn't it remind you a One piece OP? The way characters behave between them, the main character etc...?

Also the recurring antagonist Sven looks like Blackbeard

We have

I think it's Vegapunk

Bruh

"Gorm is about 5’2, and seems to be atleast 15-19 of age.age."

"I am delighted!” Is Gorm's favorite exclamation, combined with a jump in the air. His regular place is in the crow's nest of the Viking ship, where his main task is to keep an eye out and to warn the crew of attacks at sea."

THIS IS WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE???? CMON, THAT'S LITERALLY A RABBIT

Bruh

"I am delighted!” Is Gorm's favorite exclamation, combined with a jump in the air. His regular place is in the crow's nest of the Viking ship, where his main task is to keep an eye out and to warn the crew of attacks at sea."

If after all those years Carrot indeed ends up joining
I'll wear her as my avi for a month
Albeit I'll feel empty inside :noo:

Bruh

He looks more like a rat to me than a rabbit

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Still a cool picture of her :optimistic:

Shhhh, you'll summon @CoC: Color of Clowns with his "Stussy is Carrot's mom" theory :suresure:
Either Carrot comes out of Caribou soon (fun fact: Caribou last appeared in Chapter 1065, The Six Faces of Vegapunk, 20 chapters ago, on November 6, 2022), or, S-Bear teleports Punk Records, the Sunny, and everyone over to Wano, and Stussy meets Carrot there.

Then, we'll get a heartwarming reunion.

We have

I think it's Vegapunk

Oh, I love the parallels.

Besides, doesn't the kid at the bar look familiar as well?:

I want to go into detail as to why I still think Stussy is the most likely candidate.

It's not so much what she has, but the potential for what she could have. The most telling aspect that a character is a strawhat is a dream and role which are thematically connected and a fighting style that relates to them. For example, Franky is a shipwright with a dream to build a dream ship and he fights by turning himself into the latest battle franky. Sanji is a chef with a dream to find the chefs paradise, all blue, and fights by only kicking because he needs his hands for cooking.

Stussy is almost certainly a scientist. She was created by Vegapunk, presumably raised by MADS, and is a clone of a MADS scientist. Furthermore, she apparantly grew up on eggheaf. No way is she not a scientist. Perfect strawhat role.

Vegapunk has some major death flags. If he dies or retires, Stussy is the closest thing to his progeny and will likely inherit his dream. The dream to find the eternal energy source. A scientist's dream if there ever was one, and the most strawhat-ass dream I've ever heard.

As for fighting style, we don't really know yet, but if she has some kind of artificial devil fruit abilities, or if her powers are genes spliced into her dna or something, then it fits perfectly.

This much is already a crap ton of potential. But also consider she's connected to Weevil and Rocks. This could be the catalyst to bring them into the strawhat's plot. She's clearly an outcast like the rest of the strawhats given Vegapunk's words implying the world doesn't see her as human. She was also introduced as an enemy like all female strawhats including Vivi.

This one is small, but Oda specifically designed each strawhat with a realworld nationality in mind, and each of them are different. They are usually pretty obvious like Franky being American, Sanji being French, and Chopper being Canadian. Buckingham is as british of a name you can have, and her appearance is that of a traditional british lady. Having a clear real world nationality is just another thing that fits, even if it means nothing on its own.

Most of the strawhats come from a group that specializes in their role. Sanji from the ship of fighting cooks, Chopper from the island of doctors, Brook from the singing rumbar pirates, Franky from the island known for shiprwights. Is it just a coincidence that Stussy is from egghead, the island of science, and also likely from MADS?

As far as tragic backstory, she clearly has one based on Vegapunk's comment about the world not accepting her. And Kizaru might just be her personal villain since we know she didn't join the marines to be a double agent, something along the way resulted in that situation. Something clearly happened to her to result in her joining cipher poll.

She also has nowhere to go, no conflicting loyalties, a perfect foil in the BB pirates with Lafite, and an invite to sail on the Sunny.

The point is that all of the right pins have been set up. I'm only giving her around a 50/50 shot since none of them have been knocked down. But you can't deny that that's way more potential than any of the other candidates regarding the things that actually matter.

I want to go into detail as to why I still think Stussy is the most likely candidate.

It's not so much what she has, but the potential for what she could have. The most telling aspect that a character is a strawhat is a dream and role which are thematically connected and a fighting style that relates to them. For example, Franky is a shipwright with a dream to build a dream ship and he fights by turning himself into the latest battle franky. Sanji is a chef with a dream to find the chefs paradise, all blue, and fights by only kicking because he needs his hands for cooking.

Stussy is almost certainly a scientist. She was created by Vegapunk, presumably raised by MADS, and is a clone of a MADS scientist. Furthermore, she apparantly grew up on eggheaf. No way is she not a scientist. Perfect strawhat role.

Vegapunk has some major death flags. If he dies or retires, Stussy is the closest thing to his progeny and will likely inherit his dream. The dream to find the eternal energy source. A scientist's dream if there ever was one, and the most strawhat-ass dream I've ever heard.

As for fighting style, we don't really know yet, but if she has some kind of artificial devil fruit abilities, or if her powers are genes spliced into her dna or something, then it fits perfectly.

This much is already a crap ton of potential. But also consider she's connected to Weevil and Rocks. This could be the catalyst to bring them into the strawhat's plot. She's clearly an outcast like the rest of the strawhats given Vegapunk's words implying the world doesn't see her as human. She was also introduced as an enemy like all female strawhats including Vivi.

This one is small, but Oda specifically designed each strawhat with a realworld nationality in mind, and each of them are different. They are usually pretty obvious like Franky being American, Sanji being French, and Chopper being Canadian. Buckingham is as british of a name you can have, and her appearance is that of a traditional british lady. Having a clear real world nationality is just another thing that fits, even if it means nothing on its own.

Most of the strawhats come from a group that specializes in their role. Sanji from the ship of fighting cooks, Chopper from the island of doctors, Brook from the singing rumbar pirates, Franky from the island known for shiprwights. Is it just a coincidence that Stussy is from egghead, the island of science, and also likely from MADS?

As far as tragic backstory, she clearly has one based on Vegapunk's comment about the world not accepting her. And Kizaru might just be her personal villain since we know she didn't join the marines to be a double agent, something along the way resulted in that situation. Something clearly happened to her to result in her joining cipher poll.

She also has nowhere to go, no conflicting loyalties, a perfect foil in the BB pirates with Lafite, and an invite to sail on the Sunny.

The point is that all of the right pins have been set up. I'm only giving her around a 50/50 shot since none of them have been knocked down. But you can't deny that that's way more potential than any of the other candidates regarding the things that actually matter.
@Rambles you still thinks stussy is an enemy?

Last edited: