Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I would love to give Usopp some written attention, but Raylight enjoying time off has potential, too. Can't decide... .

Do you remember this?:

That was Law's fight against BB. Doc-Q had made a potion that turned Law into a woman.

For my request - if I win - I would therefore like for you to write the following:

One of the SHP's male protagonists turned to a woman permanently, because Doc-Q has altered his poition, making it stronger but not contagious anymore. So, using Haki does not make it go away, but actually just temporarily lets the victim change back to their male body. As soon as the Haki is dropped, the person will fall back into his female form.

I have to remind myself to make a thread out of this question, after the SHP are complete.
Post automatically merged:

The one and only in which Lucci will become the final SHP. And since reading the last chapters I am 100% sure that he will join and would even bet about it. I am just waiting for Oda to drop that bomb.

I'm so sure about it right now that I would even bet my avi for however long my betting-partner would propose. So, I would allow you to choose that timeframe.

If you want to show me how miserably wrong I am, you want to except the bet.
You're already going to be wearing other people's avis for 2 years if you lose. Don't make any more bets Rambles :endthis:

Yamato’s dream is to open Wano borders and Momo questioned they it should happen.

So it def makes sense that Yamato goes to Laugh Tale in order how to better understand how to fulfill Oden’s mission.

Unless she’s meant to give up on Oden’s will and die of course.
No.
First Yamato didn't have a dream.
Secondly, Yamato's DESIRE was to be free, not to open Wano's border.

Read guys, read.

Yamato's story is over.

No.

Read guys, read.

Yamato's story is over.
She wanted to be free and explore the world, and instead she let herself continue to be chained to Wano out of a feeling of obligation despite clarifying to Luffy that it's really not what she wants. I agree her story is likely over, but lets not pretend it was a reasonable conclusion. Yamato's arc goes 100% against the core message of One Piece. No matter how much you wish she really wanted to stay in Wano, you were just wrong about it, and she specifically says so more than once.

She wanted to be free and explore the world, and instead she let herself continue to be chained to Wano out of a feeling of obligation despite clarifying to Luffy that it's really not what she wants. I agree her story is likely over, but lets not pretend it was a reasonable conclusion. Yamato's arc goes 100% against the core message of One Piece. No matter how much you wish she really wanted to stay in Wano, you were just wrong about it, and she specifically says so more than once.
I already explained that. I even predicted the switch of Yamato.

Yamato's true desire was freedom. The desire to travel the world with Luffy or without him was just a consequence of the true desire that was freedom. Yamato found true freedom through Wano and the fact of becoming the opposite of what her dad wanted her to become in the first place. All of this is perfectly in character and perfectly logical.

You guys just don't want to see beyond your bias on the story (and I'm saying that without trying to be direspectul, there is a true bias here that Wano means chained and that's problematic). Staying in Wano is not a synonym of being chained. It's the total opposite. Yamato CHOOSED and that's what makes all the difference. That's what true freedom is. The sea or Wano are just the conduit. The real freedom comes from within.

That's the subtle type of development Oda is used to do (just like he did with Sanji, something that analyst had to repeat and repeat for the fanbase to finally understand). You guys need to understand that One Piece won't take you by the hand and its sometimes very subtle.

In that case, we all need to understand the true nature of Yamato's journey. I'll make a thread about that later.

Last edited:
I would love to give Usopp some written attention, but Raylight enjoying time off has potential, too. Can't decide... .

Do you remember this?:

That was Law's fight against BB. Doc-Q had made a potion that turned Law into a woman.

For my request - if I win - I would therefore like for you to write the following:

One of the SHP's male protagonists turned to a woman permanently, because Doc-Q has altered his poition, making it stronger but not contagious anymore. So, using Haki does not make it go away, but actually just temporarily lets the victim change back to their male body. As soon as the Haki is dropped, the person will fall back into his female form.

I have to remind myself to make a thread out of this, after the SHP are complete.

The one and only in which Lucci will become the final SHP. And since reading the last chapters I am 100% sure that he will join and would even bet about it. I am just waiting for Oda to drop that bomb.

I'm so sure about it right now that I would even bet my avi for however long my betting-partner would propose. So, I would allow you to choose that timeframe.

If you want to show me how miserably wrong I am, you want to except the bet.
Noted! A fun prompt actually, probably will look most fun on Zoro, but can work with Usopp or Luffy too. Sanji will be a little meh, he already had Nami's body for some time and we know what he'd do, don't we 😅

Bonney for nakama soon
What role would Bonney fulfill? She doesn't have any special skills or purpose.

Lucci is by far more suitable, too bad he's a snitch. He could serve as a scout for any new territory or island. He's also good at assassination missions, such as going in to poke a hole on Saturn's ship. Too bad he's just a useless wimpy snitch though.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
What role would Bonney fulfill? She doesn't have any special skills or purpose.

Lucci is by far more suitable, too bad he's a snitch. He could serve as a scout for any new territory or island. He's also good at assassination missions, such as going in to poke a hole on Saturn's ship. Too bad he's just a useless wimpy snitch though.
Lucci for nakama is so ridiculous its a meme for a reason.
He is a serial killer and even now hes snitching on the SHs.
He has abilities as a shipwright but the SHs already have someone for that role but Bonney is a blank slate with a flashback and sad story ready to use.

No.

Read guys, read.

Yamato's story is over.
Dream was to be Oden and be like Oden. She didn't venture to the seas like Oden did. It's easy to imagine Oda dropped her out since the trans community were getting beligerent trying to demand constant small "wins" for anything trans. It ruins the story. No wonder they raged at the all girl cover.

Oda simply wanted to tell a story his way, not delve into politics. One piece is about inheriting dreams and Yamato was to inherit Oden's dreams, but obviously she has no knowledge of Oden's experiences traveling the world.

Ace made a promise to Yamato, which means Yamato wanted to leave the island.

All changed when Green Bull came to the island, there's now the excuse that Yamato stayed behind to protect the island from future admiral invasion. Franky didn't stay behind to protect water 7, chopper didn't stay behind to protect his island. It was a last minute change clearly.

Lucci for nakama is so ridiculous its a meme for a reason.
He is a serial killer and even now hes snitching on the SHs.
He has abilities as a shipwright but the SHs already have someone for that role but Bonney is a blank slate with a flashback and sad story ready to use.
SHPs don't need a sad story though. Vegapunk has the inventor role, he likely won't join because it brings too many extra bodies to the crew. Who knows maybe that's why his extras keep dying. Wouldn't like the stella to be the one who joins though, hope for flashback and then on-screen death so he's gone for good. Maybe Lilith could join.

It makes more sense for Bonney to join Revolutionaries.

Lucci was undercover, he would do anything it takes to fulfill his mission, meaning he'd be ready to learn any skill. Jack of all trades.

I already explained that. I even predicted the switch of Yamato.

Yamato's true desire was freedom. The desire to travel the world with Luffy or without him was just a consequence of the true desire that was freedom. Yamato found true freedom through Wano and the fact of becoming the opposite of what her dad wanted her to become in the first place. All of this is perfectly in character and perfectly logical.

You guys just don't want to see beyond your bias on the story (and I'm saying that without trying to be direspectul, there is a true bias here that Wano means chained and that's problematic). Staying in Wano is not a synonym of being chained. It's the total opposite. Yamato CHOOSED and that's what makes all the difference. That's what true freedom is. The sea or Wano are just the conduit. The real freedom comes from within.

That's the subtle type of development Oda is used to do (just like he did with Sanji, something that analyst had to repeat and repeat for the fanbase to finally understand). You guys need to understand that One Piece won't take you by the hand and its sometimes very subtle.

In that case, we all need to understand the true nature of Yamato's journey. I'll make a thread about that later.
I'm not the biased one. This entire post is just your headcannon theory from.Wano which was proven wrong. You predicted the right outcome but got all the details wrong. You just can't admit that your theory was incorrect. Are you going to explain that the panels where Yamato said that staying in Wano isn't what she wanted and she's only staying out of obligation mean nothing, or are you pretending they don't exist? I can go dig them up if you need me to.

Last edited:
I'm not the biased one. This entire post is just your headcannon theory from.Wano which was proven wrong. You predicted the right outcome but got all the details wrong
Stop Sigran, even you that there is no winning for you here.

Yes I predicted Yamato's switch and everybit of detail concerning it. I knew that Yamato would change her point of view specifically because of how she was introduce and SPECIFIC storytelling tools used during her presentation toward Luffy.

The only thing that I got wrong was my CONCLUSION about Carrot. But again, everything still stand, the fact that Oda choosed another path for CArrot does negate everything I said. But this is not about Carrot here, this is about Yamato.

There is no panel where Yamato says that staying in Wano is not what she wanted, so lets stop lying. Yamato's story is over. This was predictible since the beginning, everything in her switch is logical, now you guys must accept it.

Dream was to be Oden and be like Oden. She didn't venture to the seas like Oden did. It's easy to imagine Oda dropped her out since the trans community were getting beligerent trying to demand constant small "wins" for anything trans. It ruins the story. No wonder they raged at the all girl cover.
Yamato is ALREADY Oden. Its not a dream.

Ace made a promise to Yamato, which means Yamato wanted to leave the island
FOr the reasons I explained earlier. As a consequence of her true desire to be free.

All changed when Green Bull came to the island, there's now the excuse that Yamato stayed behind to protect the island from future admiral invasion
If that's what she wants, this is good enough and this doesn't contradict the story in anyway. Yamato wasn't build like a strawhat so let's stop comparing her to one.