Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
They landed on a marine island, caribou bros shaking.

Time to drop off the load

Also Carrot was in the ship for 2 arcs so :kayneshrug: , maybe Waribou bros get one more chapter of him not dumped, we'll see.
Like I said, Caribou’s a changed man and Luffy has accepted him. Cry
Post automatically merged:

You see those ropes on the Sunny? Obvious foreshadowing.
Great catch. :kata:

Oda’s making it so fucking obvious Paulie‘s gonna come back and join. :milaugh:

Except Caribou has appeared earlier than Caesar, so it's the other way around :)

Ahahaha, ninja'd by @Kurozumi D. Trussop :D

But yeah, Caribou came around at least 1 year earlier. I really don't know what Oda's planning for him, who is that person he wants to talk about Pluton about, why he's on Sunny and so on :)
Definitely a more intriguing story compared to baiting us all to believing some hotshots are about to join..

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Feel free to hate me for this, but the Raid fails without Wanda and Carrot stopping Perospero from killing/seriously hurting Marco.

Marco was the person who prevented the Ice Oni disease from spreading fully, if Marco doesn't show up with his flames, Chopper doesn't have enough time to make his antivirus, and most people on the live floor turn into Ice Oni and die.

I completely forgot this happened until @Pot Goblin brought it up, because I was not a fan of how Oda treated Carrot in Wano, and couldn't remember her doing much.
This hardly means much since the raid would fail by removing just a single moment for many characters. Without Caribou for example, Kaido would have wiped out the rest of the alliance. Without Sanji, Momo would have been executed and the samurai lose their will to fight. Without Zoro, the Rooftop 5 would have been killed by Hakai and the war lost. Without Chopper or that deer mink, Zoro would be OOC with King and Queen running amok. Etc. Etc

This hardly means much since the raid would fail by removing just a single moment for many characters. Without Caribou for example, Kaido would have wiped out the rest of the alliance. Without Sanji, Momo would have been executed and the samurai lose their will to fight. Without Zoro, the Rooftop 5 would have been killed by Hakai and the war lost. Without Chopper or that deer mink, Zoro would be OOC with King and Queen running amok. Etc. Etc
That's the point: the Raid had so much going on, that Carrot stopping Persospero from messing up Marco is treated as a footnote. The Raid was SUPPOSED to be impossible, it took a giant number of miracles and BS for the Alliance to win. Even if Carrot lost to Perospero, her and Wanda saved the Raid by stopping him from attacking Marco. Even if Chopper lost to Queen, he defeated Queen's virus and saved the Alliance from horrible deaths. Even if Tama got wrecked by Ulti, she got back up to give the order. Even if Luffy DIED he got back up to defeat Kaido.

All those single moments added up to the Raid succeeding. People can say Carrot, Yamato, and Tama aren't important and shouldn't join the crew because they have no "clear role", but if they're not on Onigashima, the Raid fails. If Carrot doesn't save Marco, they lose. If Tama doesn't tame the Gifters, they lose. If Yamato doesn't hold back Kaido, and protect Momo, they lose.

This is what Mihawk was talking about in Marineford, Luffy unites people, while the Beast Pirates were always divided. Luffy was only able to fight Kaido, because the Alliance gave their all. I understand people hate Act 3, but I dislike that people act like a lot of characters did nothing, just because those characters didn't defeat a powerful enemy. The reason the Alliance won is BECAUSE characters like Carrot and Tama did their best, even if they couldn't defeat anyone in a 1v1.

thi8s chapter c onvinced me on the lookout role...bonney was able to spot the shark because she was above the ship...u know..like someone would be if they were on the highest point on the sunny...:kriwhat:
A lookout can do jack shit about an attack coming from directly below.

Bonney could see it because she was away from the Sunny and looking down diagonally.

Why choose?

If we combine Caribou and Caesar, we get... Swamp Gas.
:lusalty:
Hol up

thi8s chapter c onvinced me on the lookout role...bonney was able to spot the shark because she was above the ship...u know..like someone would be if they were on the highest point on the sunny...:kriwhat:
Goda is smart enough to introduce the only legit role left in the crew and then leave the character that suits that role perfectly behind

I've seen people say Yamato would be the lookout. The cope goes that deep

:risitameh:

thi8s chapter c onvinced me on the lookout role...bonney was able to spot the shark because she was above the ship...u know..like someone would be if they were on the highest point...:kriwhat:
Only those who follow the same principles that Luffy has, are loyal and respect him can be on his crew.

There are a few things that lower the possibility of this happening, and they lie within her own character.

- One Piece Fandom Wiki

"While exasperated at how clueless Zoro could be for not knowing who Charlos is and the repercussions of killing him would be, she became even more confused when he picked up a man who had previously been shot by Charlos and carried him to a nearby hospital."

- One Piece Fandom Wiki

"Bonney also believes in the stereotypical view of what a pirate should be and that they all should follow an unspoken agreement of not creating a stir in delicate situations. The idea of a pirate helping wounded strangers also leaves her dumbfounded."

- One Piece Fandom Wiki

"Bonney seems to command utter respect from her crew, who will fulfill any need she may require, from her dietary needs to hunting down the one she deems responsible for the calamity during the Whitebeard War. Despite this loyalty, Bonney seems to prioritize her own safety as she managed to escape Marine detainment but chose not to rescue her subordinates."

If she can not change her current views, she will not become a Straw Hat. The fact that she has these faults to begin with makes me see her being at most a member of the Grand Fleet.

Caesar travelled longer and did that dumb face aswell. That's the point.

He's the the original SH meme candidate of a villain logia tag along.

But Caribou has 1/5 of the presence

:milaugh:
You have no point. Every single thing you’ve said against Caribou I’ve refuted. Caesar never told Luffy that he changed his ways, Caribou did and Luffy believes him.

Caribou is basically already a Straw Hat. It’s about time you stop denying the obvious and repent.