Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
What could this infinite energy source be in the dream that Stussy will pilfer...I mean inherit from Vegapunk? So are Stella and the Satellites dying for this inheritance?

This line of reasoning sounds familiar to Carrot fans wanting/believing Pedro to stay perma-dead so Carrot inherits seeing the Dawn dream. Look where that ended.

Yes I am a Pedro fan but it's the belief Oda would put in the groundwork to hint at the last crewmate like was done for Franky, Brook, and Jinbe that has me believing in Pedro's chances.

I don't mind pushback in particular but rather not unimaginative or thoughtless responses. It's "Pedro's dead" and no real thought if other possibilities beyond it. [Sarcasm]Everyone shown "dying" stays dead in One Piece, right? [/Sarcasm]

But if you truly believe your pick then "pushback" with reasoning is a-ok with me.
Ok, I will not touch the subject of Pedro and his unknown status since WCI.

How do you think Pedro would join the SHP during Egghead? It was stated back in 2014 that the next Straw hat would join back to back with Jinbe. So, if we look at when Jinbe joined, than the last SHP needs to join on Egghead.
The problem with Pedro now is the following: The problem of this arc is aready astablished. We are having the main characters who are now already siding with certain fractions. With someone of BB's crew coming and the WG on their way, things are slowly heating up. As of now, I do not see a new character being introduced. This is, what makes me - as of now - think that we will not see anyone else than the aformentiones parties, Oda has shown us. It would be very late for an ally to show up.

His head is so far up his own ass that he actually believes Pedro is confirmed not dead because of his own theories:gokulaugh:
Nothing is confirmed. What I believe and confirmation are not the same.
Ok, I will not touch the subject of Pedro and his unknown status since WCI.

How do you think Pedro would join the SHP during Egghead? It was stated back in 2014 that the next Straw hat would join back to back with Jinbe. So, if we look at when Jinbe joined, than the last SHP needs to join on Egghead.
The problem with Pedro now is the following: The problem of this arc is aready astablished. We are having the main characters who are now already siding with certain fractions. With someone of BB's crew coming and the WG on their way, things are slowly heating up. As of now, I do not see a new character being introduced. This is, what makes me - as of now - think that we will not see anyone else than the aformentiones parties, Oda has shown us. It would be very late for an ally to show up.
Jinbe "joined" at Fishman Island then "joined" at Tottoland. Then finally stayed with the crew in Wano. Jinbe's official joining shows New World crewmates are not a simple recruit process.

It being too late to introduce a new character to join I agree with. It takes time and planning to display a character that would fit the crew.

I think Pedro and Pekoms will come back with an army of former Nox Pirates and Book Library Prisoners told through a Cover Story. That may be the end of Egghead but my guess is Elbaf.

Yeah and Carrot fans didn't want or believe Pedro to be dead so she can inherit his dream, his dream was just retconned/changed since she just ended up being queen of Zou.

We just acept that Pedro is dead like everyone else. This is so confusing because Carrot was told that she carries Pedro will and you're acting as if that didn't happen.

Oda was writing 2 Piece back then and you were reading 3 Piece.

Nothing is confirmed. What I believe and confirmation are not the same.

Jinbe "joined" at Fishman Island then "joined" at Tottoland. Then finally stayed with the crew in Wano. Jinbe's official joining shows New World crewmates are not a simple recruit process.

It being too late to introduce a new character to join I agree with. It takes time and planning to display a character that would fit the crew.

I think Pedro and Pekoms will come back with an army of former Nox Pirates and Book Library Prisoners told through a Cover Story. That may be the end of Egghead but my guess is Elbaf.
Jinbe joined fully at the end of Wano. I wouldn`t categorize the joining of New World crewmates as "not simple" only because of how it went with Jinbe. He is one person and as a sample not enough to extrapolate the general way of joining for New World members from.

With the next sentence I can totally agree with - the one about the introduction of a new character. But that should not be the issue with either Pedro or Lucci. Both are well known and their character already explored - at least partly.

Pedro joining in Elbaf would be too late for the "back to back" statement of Oda to come true. For this he has to appear on Egghead. My problem with him now, is that Oda has not produced some hints or at least roughly indicated that he will appear on Egghead. He seems not connected with the current arc.

Sure, but you just said this.
That was to emphasize the line of reasoning not working for Carrot and Stussy. It doesn't confirm Pedro being alive.

Carrot inherits dream from "dead" Pedro during the present timeline. End result? Not a crewmate.

Stussy inheriting dream from "soon to be dead" Vegapunk during the present timeline. Ending result? Soon to be not a crewmate. And it would be a waste of mystique and buildup throughout One Piece for Vegapunk to die shortly after introduction for a character not hinted or mentioned until the WCI Wedding.

The dream should be established before meeting Luffy. It has been shown through crewmate flashbacks their roots, pain, goals, etc... This has been reestablished by Sanji and Zoro flashbacks with a sprinkle of Robin. Elbaf will surely dig more into Usopp's past. Most likely about his pops Yasopp. More Robin's past with Jaguar D Saul back alive. Other possible expansions on crewmate pasts:
  • Franky's life before Water 7
  • Brook's reasons for wanting to see panties
  • Jinbe's Fish-Man Karate master and the life of children in Fish-Man District
Carrot's past doesn't seem that traumatic or difficult from what has been displayed. Stussy is the 1st successful clone from Vegapunk. A clone of Ms. Bakkin. That's bound to be expounded upon.
Yeah and Carrot fans didn't want or believe Pedro to be dead so she can inherit his dream, his dream was just retconned/changed since she just ended up being queen of Zou.

We just acept that Pedro is dead like everyone else. This is so confusing because Carrot was told that she carries Pedro will and you're acting as if that didn't happen.

Oda was writing 2 Piece back then and you were reading 3 Piece.
Yes Carrot fans who wanted her to be a crewmate did want him gone. Think about it. If Pedro didn't "die" then Carrot has no inherited dream nor dead mentor.

This was when there were theories of Carrot's parents being relevant or Carrot being a traitor. Carrot needed more narrative focus and fans speculated how it may be. Turns out being the next Zou ruler was Oda's plan. Why? Don't know
Jinbe joined fully at the end of Wano. I wouldn`t categorize the joining of New World crewmates as "not simple" only because of how it went with Jinbe. He is one person and as a sample not enough to extrapolate the general way of joining for New World members from.

With the next sentence I can totally agree with - the one about the introduction of a new character. But that should not be the issue with either Pedro or Lucci. Both are well known and their character already explored - at least partly.

Pedro joining in Elbaf would be too late for the "back to back" statement of Oda to come true. For this he has to appear on Egghead. My problem with him now, is that Oda has not produced some hints or at least roughly indicated that he will appear on Egghead. He seems not connected with the current arc.
That back to back joining during arcs was stated a long ass time ago...you can't definitively say the next/last crewmate won't have similarities to Jinbe's complex joining because they MUST join on Egghead.

Jinbe is one person that happens to be the LATEST crewmate, the more than likely penultimate crewmate. Fish-Man Island. Tottoland. Wano. Mans been in 3 arcs interacting with Strawhats and being in a Cover Story in the New World. Crewmate after Jinbe isn't going to be a throw-in. No. It's been too long a wait for fans.

Reflect on past crewmates joining. Franky, Brook, and Jinbe were foreshadowed more then the previous crewmates. So following that trend, I suspect the next/last crewmate will have significant foreshadowing as well. That's why I linked Pedro to things Luffy likes, wants, needs, or owes thanks.

Ship Guardian. Statue. Kuma. Ninja Pirate with an Eyepatch!

...the Snowman will be the Abominable Chopper!!

Yeah but the point is that the minks already declared carrot to hold pedros will.

Unless you think carrot who didnt want to follow "pedros will" of rulling zou, stays to rule zou while alive pedro actually does his actual dream and goes with the Sh.

Pedro's is foreshadowed in many cover pages and Luffy even asked a Jaguar Centaur to join the crew in Punk Hazard.

I already posted how Oda could relate the rabbit waves underneath Sunny when they arrived in Dressrosa to Pedro turning to bits of snow in Whole Cake Island after exploding.

I think Oda will progress the story like this.

1. There will be a 100 ship buster call and these will surround the island in a circular formation.
2. Then a fleet of more ships (56 from the grand fleet + 1 ship of Bellamy + 10s of Germa and WCI escapees) will surround them forming two concentric circles.
3. All these ships will fly the Straw Hat Flag painted by Bellamy.
4. Pedro will lead this armada and join the Straw Hat officially as Jinbe did in Wano.
5. This will be called the Second Edd War.

That back to back joining during arcs was stated a long ass time ago...you can't definitively say the next/last crewmate won't have similarities to Jinbe's complex joining because they MUST join on Egghead.
We have different opinions in this regard. And this is totally ok. Lets leave it at that or else we will fight over such a subjective matter, with no outcome.

Jinbe is one person that happens to be the LATEST crewmate, the more than likely penultimate crewmate. Fish-Man Island. Tottoland. Wano. Mans been in 3 arcs interacting with Strawhats and being in a Cover Story in the New World. Crewmate after Jinbe isn't going to be a throw-in. No. It's been too long a wait for fans.

Reflect on past crewmates joining. Franky, Brook, and Jinbe were foreshadowed more then the previous crewmates. So following that trend, I suspect the next/last crewmate will have significant foreshadowing as well. That's why I linked Pedro to things Luffy likes, wants, needs, or owes thanks.

Ship Guardian. Statue. Kuma. Ninja Pirate with an Eyepatch!

...the Snowman will be the Abominable Chopper!!
The last member will not be a throw in – I can underline that as well. But neither Pedro (your choice) nor Lucci (my choice) are throw-ins: On the contrary, they are well established characters, who the readers already know. I think we have the same line of thinking here.

If you are choosing your candidate for the last empty seat on the Sunny simply by how much that character is foreshadowed, then your choice should fall on Lucci. Because that man had rather heavy foreshadowing. In fact Oda is setting him specifically up and gives us his main character traits before we even dive into the Egghead storyline. You could also say – he prepared him for something bigger:

• We see him in Dressrosa in his new position as CP0 member – most important information dropped about him: Lucci is still working for the WG.
  • We see him during the Reverie interacting with Vivi – most important information dropped about him: For the first time he is showing us, in what position Lucci is and what his world view is – and this alone is very important and Oda manages to highlight it by Vivi even going against him and telling him he is wrong in letting things progress, how they did back then. This one sentence of Vivi alone is foreshadowing, because Lucci does not see how wrong he is, yet. He still thinks that the world is at peace and that for the peace to remain, one has to make sacrifices. Hence, why he allows Carlos to enslave Shirahoshi. That those sacrifices are not necessary at all needs to be proofed to him.
  • We see him during Wano calling his colleague. And here Oda once again shows us one very important detail about Lucci: Robin has to be brought in, for the pirates could use her as a tool to disrupt the peace. Again, we see how much Lucci hates pirates and Oda is reminding us that the agent thinks that pirates are the bad guys (I mean, pirates are generally bad and pillage and kill and do all that terrible stuff. Luffy and his crew are one of the few exceptions.).
And with the beginning of the Egghead arc, we now know these two most important things through this foreshadowing about him:

• He is an advocate for peace and does everything he can so that conflicts do not arise or flare up. This is also the reason, why he beats Leo and Sai – because if he hadn’t done this, their countries would have suffered the consequences of Carlos’ wrath.
  • He thinks that the worst thread for the world are pirates as they could use the knowledge of Robin to go against the government, and that on the other side would lead to war and disrupt peace.

We even have two characters, who have foreshadowed Lucci joining the crew:

In Wano we have Yamato, who wanted to join the SHP from the start, only to stay behind at the end. With this she acted like a red herring and let us focus again on the still empty seat on the Sunny – she was one big foreshadowing. And the reason I am sthinking that is because of another very interesting thing: If you compare Yamato with Lucci you will find quite the contrast of character Oda plays with:

• Their DF-themes are contrasting: Cat and dog
  • Their color scheme for their DF is also contrasting: Rather light colors for Yamato and rather dark colors for Lucci (Awakened form)
  • How Yamato and Lucci think about pirates is vastly opposing: While Yamato wants to become a pirate, Lucci detests them
  • Yamato is a fan of Luffy, Lucci wants nothing more than to eradicate “Straw hat”
  • Oda depicts Yamato as an ally from the beginning, whereas he determines Lucci’s role as that of an antagonist
  • Yamato immediately wants to join, whereas Lucci needs to be in imminent danger to actually start thinking about an alliance
  • I could even say their gender is contrary but then this is too vague and/or a coincident
  • The only similarity is their strength, which is roughly the same
Have you also thought about Who’s Who? That guy is like a copy of Lucci:

• worked for CP9,
  • had eaten a DF of the Neko-kind
  • the guy was even comparing himself to Lucci
  • and the most important part: He was a defector of the WG
Now however, the ex-CP9-agent works for Kaido as a pirate. If Who’s Who is not one big foreshadowing, then I don’t know, what could be more obvious. Oda is probably already laughing at us… .

His post on the Sunny was foreshadowed as well:

The role of strategist has been foreshadowed since Wano and the necessity of it was even mentioned during WCI. When Big Mom hunted half the crew, someone said that Luffy has no knowledge about tactics. Later in Wano Kinemon had more luck than brainpower back then and he can be lucky that his plan worked out after all. Jinbe hinted in chapter 979 anyway that they would need someone who is able to calmly observe what is happening.

And look, the last arcs were not anymore on a par to a Don Creek or Morgan. The calibre of them exceeded almost everything we knew before, because there were entire battle grounds with hundreds/thousands of men/women fighting each other. You could also call it “war”. And this will most likely continue. Even here in Egghead we are seeing 100 battle ships heading towards the island, 50 Pacifista deployed, then we have the Seraphim and there is a giant robot rusting in the back-yard with an undefined power potential. Some of the BBP are arriving at the island as well. And we still have York, whose plan still involves her killing everyone else in the Labo.

It would for once be nice if someone did have an overview over everything happening and could direct everyone according to a functioning plan. Because the SH cannot keep barging into every conflict headless – and Luffy is no strategist.

Surely, now is the best time to recruit someone with enough brainpower to calmly observe and give Luffy and his crew the best strategical information for him to base his decisions upon.

I have more foreshadowing if I need to continue. I have not even touched the fitting numerical theory of the SHP’s DF or the fact that Luffy has never even once said Lucci’s name, though he did that with every other main antagonist… .

We have different opinions in this regard. And this is totally ok. Lets leave it at that or else we will fight over such a subjective matter, with no outcome.

The last member will not be a throw in – I can underline that as well. But neither Pedro (your choice) nor Lucci (my choice) are throw-ins: On the contrary, they are well established characters, who the readers already know. I think we have the same line of thinking here.

If you are choosing your candidate for the last empty seat on the Sunny simply by how much that character is foreshadowed, then your choice should fall on Lucci. Because that man had rather heavy foreshadowing. In fact Oda is setting him specifically up and gives us his main character traits before we even dive into the Egghead storyline. You could also say – he prepared him for something bigger:

• We see him in Dressrosa in his new position as CP0 member – most important information dropped about him: Lucci is still working for the WG.
  • We see him during the Reverie interacting with Vivi – most important information dropped about him: For the first time he is showing us, in what position Lucci is and what his world view is – and this alone is very important and Oda manages to highlight it by Vivi even going against him and telling him he is wrong in letting things progress, how they did back then. This one sentence of Vivi alone is foreshadowing, because Lucci does not see how wrong he is, yet. He still thinks that the world is at peace and that for the peace to remain, one has to make sacrifices. Hence, why he allows Carlos to enslave Shirahoshi. That those sacrifices are not necessary at all needs to be proofed to him.
  • We see him during Wano calling his colleague. And here Oda once again shows us one very important detail about Lucci: Robin has to be brought in, for the pirates could use her as a tool to disrupt the peace. Again, we see how much Lucci hates pirates and Oda is reminding us that the agent thinks that pirates are the bad guys (I mean, pirates are generally bad and pillage and kill and do all that terrible stuff. Luffy and his crew are one of the few exceptions.).
And with the beginning of the Egghead arc, we now know these two most important things through this foreshadowing about him:

• He is an advocate for peace and does everything he can so that conflicts do not arise or flare up. This is also the reason, why he beats Leo and Sai – because if he hadn’t done this, their countries would have suffered the consequences of Carlos’ wrath.
  • He thinks that the worst thread for the world are pirates as they could use the knowledge of Robin to go against the government, and that on the other side would lead to war and disrupt peace.

We even have two characters, who have foreshadowed Lucci joining the crew:

In Wano we have Yamato, who wanted to join the SHP from the start, only to stay behind at the end. With this she acted like a red herring and let us focus again on the still empty seat on the Sunny – she was one big foreshadowing. And the reason I am sthinking that is because of another very interesting thing: If you compare Yamato with Lucci you will find quite the contrast of character Oda plays with:

• Their DF-themes are contrasting: Cat and dog
  • Their color scheme for their DF is also contrasting: Rather light colors for Yamato and rather dark colors for Lucci (Awakened form)
  • How Yamato and Lucci think about pirates is vastly opposing: While Yamato wants to become a pirate, Lucci detests them
  • Yamato is a fan of Luffy, Lucci wants nothing more than to eradicate “Straw hat”
  • Oda depicts Yamato as an ally from the beginning, whereas he determines Lucci’s role as that of an antagonist
  • Yamato immediately wants to join, whereas Lucci needs to be in imminent danger to actually start thinking about an alliance
  • I could even say their gender is contrary but then this is too vague and/or a coincident
  • The only similarity is their strength, which is roughly the same
Have you also thought about Who’s Who? That guy is like a copy of Lucci:

• worked for CP9,
  • had eaten a DF of the Neko-kind
  • the guy was even comparing himself to Lucci
  • and the most important part: He was a defector of the WG
Now however, the ex-CP9-agent works for Kaido as a pirate. If Who’s Who is not one big foreshadowing, then I don’t know, what could be more obvious. Oda is probably already laughing at us… .

His post on the Sunny was foreshadowed as well:

The role of strategist has been foreshadowed since Wano and the necessity of it was even mentioned during WCI. When Big Mom hunted half the crew, someone said that Luffy has no knowledge about tactics. Later in Wano Kinemon had more luck than brainpower back then and he can be lucky that his plan worked out after all. Jinbe hinted in chapter 979 anyway that they would need someone who is able to calmly observe what is happening.

And look, the last arcs were not anymore on a par to a Don Creek or Morgan. The calibre of them exceeded almost everything we knew before, because there were entire battle grounds with hundreds/thousands of men/women fighting each other. You could also call it “war”. And this will most likely continue. Even here in Egghead we are seeing 100 battle ships heading towards the island, 50 Pacifista deployed, then we have the Seraphim and there is a giant robot rusting in the back-yard with an undefined power potential. Some of the BBP are arriving at the island as well. And we still have York, whose plan still involves her killing everyone else in the Labo.

It would for once be nice if someone did have an overview over everything happening and could direct everyone according to a functioning plan. Because the SH cannot keep barging into every conflict headless – and Luffy is no strategist.

Surely, now is the best time to recruit someone with enough brainpower to calmly observe and give Luffy and his crew the best strategical information for him to base his decisions upon.

I have more foreshadowing if I need to continue. I have not even touched the fitting numerical theory of the SHP’s DF or the fact that Luffy has never even once said Lucci’s name, though he did that with every other main antagonist… .
I agree with the strategist part and a feline nakama joining the crew. But that would be Pedro, who is wise enough to discern Pudding's motive and sketch a plan to copy the poneglyph from Big Mom.

In addition, I assumes he will show up with Yuki Yuki no mi which fits Devil Fruit number theory.

I agree with the strategist part and a feline nakama joining the crew. But that would be Pedro, who is wise enough to discern Pudding's motive and sketch a plan to copy the poneglyph from Big Mom.

In addition, I assumes he will show up with Yuki Yuki no mi which fits Devil Fruit number theory.
How high are you rating the possibility of Pedro suddenly showing up in an arc, that is, as of yet, totally unrelated to the character?
How high are you rating the possibility of Lucci further helping Luffy with strategizing?

Being a trained statistician myself, I would say both these events are biased by our own opinion and we can not predict Oda.

Objectively speaking, both are slim and yours is better because there are less assumptions.

But Lucci was never projected as a future Nakama/ ally until now and he has no dream or whatsoever, he is just a living weapon.