Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

Vivi’s not going to fight a Blackbeard captain. It’s the ten Strawhats vs the ten real Blackbeard Pirates. Kuzan is obviously a special case of his own. In the same way that Vivi is obviously a special character who is the closest thing to another Strawhat we are going to get.
Pell was fine after that sneak attack, and he isn't even that strong anyway. I don't care about your Kuzan headcannon tbh. I think someone has to fight him. Point is that Vivi has nothing to contribute. Can't fight even fodder, and has no useful skills for a pirate crew. The only thing people claim she can do is help make allies, and that's already Luffy's strongest ability. What exactly do you expect her to contribute?

Vivi’s not going to fight a Blackbeard captain. It’s the ten Strawhats vs the ten real Blackbeard Pirates. Kuzan is obviously a special case of his own. In the same way that Vivi is obviously a special character who is the closest thing to another Strawhat we are going to get.
I still think Pell should’ve died here.

I think this might’ve been the first time I was disappointed with Oda’s writing, but I can’t remember for sure.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Vivi is already a SH.

She might sail for sometime because she needs protection but I don't think she will become a proper SH to be part of crew.

She has alabasta to lead.

Also, she is weak. Don't want another such addition in already asymmetric crew - power distribution wise

Not here, but he definitely should have died when he sacrificed himself to stop the bomb. Oda doesn't have the balls to kill characters when they're supposed to die.
Oh, sorry. That’s the scene I was referring to.

The next one I was disappointed by was when Pagaya survived Eneru’s attack. His character wasn’t that interesting to me besides being Conis’ father so when that happened I was like “Why? He’s gonna be irrelevant for the rest of the arc anyway??:nicagesmile:

To be honest, I’ve been disappointed with almost all of the fake-out deaths. If you’re gonna kill off a character in such a grand way, don’t ruin it by making them be like “Hey gaise, am alaive!!1”. If you bring a character back, you need to have a good reason to do so.

If I see a character going up into the sky and getting nuked by a bomb I better not see him standing at his grave a while after. This isn’t JJBA.

Oh, sorry. That’s the scene I was referring to.

The next one I was disappointed by was when Pagaya survived Eneru’s attack. His character wasn’t that interesting to me besides being Conis’ father so when that happened I was like “Why? He’s gonna be irrelevant for the rest of the arc anyway??:nicagesmile:

To be honest, I’ve been disappointed with almost all of the fake-out deaths. If you’re gonna kill off a character in such a grand way, don’t ruin it by making them be like “Hey gaise, am alaive!!1”. If you bring a character back, you need to have a good reason to do so.

If I see a character going up into the sky and getting nuked by a bomb I better not see him standing at his grave a while after. This isn’t JJBA.
Not to mention the whole point of Pell getting nuked was it being an act of sacrifice. Making him come back retroactively ruins that sacrifice.

Not to mention the whole point of Pell getting nuked was it being an act of sacrifice. Making him come back retroactively ruins that sacrifice.
Imagine if Oda kept Ace and Whitebeard alive as well? As much as I would like to see Ace alive again, I know the implications that it would have on the story. You just can’t touch it.

Marineford was a great arc because it did something that was never done in One Piece before, and it was very memorable for that. :catcry:

Pell was fine after that sneak attack, and he isn't even that strong anyway. I don't care about your Kuzan headcannon tbh. I think someone has to fight him. Point is that Vivi has nothing to contribute. Can't fight even fodder, and has no useful skills for a pirate crew. The only thing people claim she can do is help make allies, and that's already Luffy's strongest ability. What exactly do you expect her to contribute?
Someone tell Usopp sniping is no longer a skill and his services are no longer required, given the only person he has beaten in the past decade have been literal children through sniping.

As for Kuzan- not a chance in hell a Strawhat will fight him.
Of the current crew, he’s too intrinsically linked with Robin and her story. She’ll never be strong enough to beat him, and he‘ll never fight another Strawhat when he’s linked so strongly to her.
If anyone else with a relationship with Kuzan was to join, like Smoker, and fights him, that blows the M3, which will never happen.

The rest is pointless, it’s like the people arguing against Jinbei back in the day. Didn’t matter what problems people had with him, doesn’t matter what problems people have with Vivi. The story is clearly leading to an hugely important reunion and we’ve known what it means when that happens for a long time

It might only be Strawhat 5.5 but it’s sure as hell more than anyone else will get.

You mean BB killing wb or bb getting second df?
Uhhhh, sure. I guess, in a way, that was memorable. When Blackbeard got his second DF I was like “What?! How did he do that?!” I was surprised by it. Whitebeard‘s famous “THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!” line is also very memorable.

I was specifically talking about Ace’s death in my previous message. I‘m pretty sure I cried during that…