Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
You think Lucci is fighting Kizaru?

I have one other question. Lucci has repeatedly stated he wants to murder the Straw Hats, what do you think is going to change his desire to kill them? If Lucci wasn't hell bent on killing them, I could understand him being a candidate.
Oh, I wanted to add something I had forgotten: Yes, I think Lucci will be fighting Kizaru. Remember Oda’s festa-Letter from December 2022? (I’m sorry that I am so lazy that I don’t write it out for you, but instead just copy it from an old comment.):

“And now we are getting to the yearly festa-letter (I didn’t even know it was yearly) from Oda this month, which revealed that that person and that person are fighting. It was worded as if the fight would be a big surprise for us. If it’s a surprise, then we are not thinking of a clash between those persons in the least. And in my opinion, this could be a fight between two individuals who are on the same side, as of yet. In the letter Oda mentioned that this fight will have a backstory. So, going by how the volume of a backstory would be a little much for a side-plot of One Piece, I am betting the fight will happen in the main story line. And seeing as I can interpret some fissures are present within the WGs parties involved, my bet is, we will have at least one defector here – and it could be Lucci."

Up until now we had Shanks vs Kidd, BB vs Law and Garp vs BBP as major fights here. We even could count Sabo vs Imu, if we were very lenient in our definition of `fight´. While Garp fighting the BBP was foreseeable and already hinted at before Oda wrote this letter, Shanks and Kidd happened after. It was a rather short fight and only lasted around one chapter. So, for Oda to refer to it in a yearly letter seems a little `over-focused´ on solely one chapter, right?

I think if he were to announce a fight, which would very much make the fanbase flip out, it definitely were to happen in the main story line. Up until now, nothing of this sort has happened, yet. So, with the setup now and the knowledge that Shaka is Lucci’s brother or relative, whom he maybe wants to protect, I definitely can see the agent blocking Kizaru from reaching the Sunny, while the ship is carried away by Vegaforce or is preparing for the Coup de Burst. And then we would have actually a fight, which the fanbase would never ever had expected to happen. Just imagine the sheer uproar this would cause in the `nakama-thread´.

And a good hint for that to happen is already build into the plot: Lucci has actually successfully separated himself from the rest of the group and only needs to flee from Zolo. Now, that he is regarded as traitor, the SHP could flee without him and without looking back. (Note: The last part is highly speculative and should not be taken seriously – because it is not grounded on any analytical foundation.)

Also, didn’t CP0 in chapter 1018 say that an agent like Who’s Who “[…] would set a bad precedent.”? So, for no other agent to ever dare to defect in the same way, someone would have been made an example of, right? This sounds foreboding.

I highly think Oda is cooking something big here. But let’s wait and see… .
Post automatically merged:

oh so you do it to pretend you're special and therefore boost your ego that way, got it
My intention was not to make you feel this way or come around as intentional cocky.

Let me rephrase it: Why not try a more differentiated approach, when overviewing the current situation? It does make a difference to read between the lines and shifts the critical gaze upon a core-point of the arc (, one, which has not been revealed, yet). Try to leave out hypothesis like “[…] he knew Zoro’s got this”, even if it is hard to do. It deflects one’s own objective view point and leads more often than not into the false direction.

I know this sounds like dry work and sometimes even goes against how we want for the story to continue, but it really pays off in the end.

The offer for the avi-change or the thread still stands from my side, by the way. But I don’t want to force you to accept anything. I do respect other people’s choices after all.

True, Carrot wasn't nakama material either, but at the very least it wasn't *entirely* baseless, kinda how our argument wasn't baseless for Yamato but in hindsight it was completely retarded, which is why I can only look at this thread and laugh now :handsup:
If I may be so bold as to offer you the bet I offer many people around here? I would be happy, if you were to accept it.

Wonderful, thank you!
I will add you to the list. :optimistic:

Note: The chosen profile pictures for both sides may not contain demeaning depictions or texts towards/of any person or character and are not allowed to have political implications, violence or sexualized content (e.g., Party X will win the election!; Luffy is “insert insult”; Women are citizen of second class; depiction of a naked people; etc.) – You know – the usual… .

Last edited:
Oh, I wanted to add something I had forgotten: Yes, I think Lucci will be fighting Kizaru. Remember Oda’s festa-Letter from December 2022? (I’m sorry that I am so lazy that I don’t write it out for you, but instead just copy it from an old comment.):

“And now we are getting to the yearly festa-letter (I didn’t even know it was yearly) from Oda this month, which revealed that that person and that person are fighting. It was worded as if the fight would be a big surprise for us. If it’s a surprise, then we are not thinking of a clash between those persons in the least. And in my opinion, this could be a fight between two individuals who are on the same side, as of yet. In the letter Oda mentioned that this fight will have a backstory. So, going by how the volume of a backstory would be a little much for a side-plot of One Piece, I am betting the fight will happen in the main story line. And seeing as I can interpret some fissures are present within the WGs parties involved, my bet is, we will have at least one defector here – and it could be Lucci."

Up until now we had Shanks vs Kidd, BB vs Law and Garp vs BBP as major fights here. We even could count Sabo vs Imu, if we were very lenient in our definition of `fight´. While Garp fighting the BBP was foreseeable and already hinted at before Oda wrote this letter, Shanks and Kidd happened after. It was a rather short fight and only lasted around one chapter. So, for Oda to refer to it in a yearly letter seems a little `over-focused´ on solely one chapter, right?

I think if he were to announce a fight, which would very much make the fanbase flip out, it definitely were to happen in the main story line. Up until now, nothing of this sort has happened, yet. So, with the setup now and the knowledge that Shaka is Lucci’s brother or relative, whom he maybe wants to protect, I definitely can see the agent blocking Kizaru from reaching the Sunny, while the ship is carried away by Vegaforce or is preparing for the Coup de Burst. And then we would have actually a fight, which the fanbase would never ever had expected to happen. Just imagine the sheer uproar this would cause in the `nakama-thread´.

And a good hint for that to happen is already build into the plot: Lucci has actually successfully separated himself from the rest of the group and only needs to flee from Zolo. Now, that he is regarded as traitor, the SHP could flee without him and without looking back. (Note: The last part is highly speculative and should not be taken seriously – because it is not grounded on any analytical foundation.)

Also, didn’t CP0 in chapter 1018 say that an agent like Who’s Who “[…] would set a bad precedent.”? So, for no other agent to ever dare to defect in the same way, someone would have been made an example of, right? This sounds foreboding.

I highly think Oda is cooking something big here. But let’s wait and see… .

My intention was not to make you feel this way or come around as intentional cocky.

Let me rephrase it: Why not try a more differentiated approach, when overviewing the current situation? It does make a difference to read between the lines and shifts the critical gaze upon a core-point of the arc (, one, which has not been revealed, yet). Try to leave out hypothesis like “[…] he knew Zoro’s got this”, even if it is hard to do. It deflects one’s own objective view point and leads more often than not into the false direction.

I know this sounds like dry work and sometimes even goes against how we want for the story to continue, but it really pays off in the end.

The offer for the avi-change or the thread still stands from my side, by the way. But I don’t want to force you to accept anything. I do respect other people’s choices after all.

If I may be so bold as to offer you the bet I offer many people around here? I would be happy, if you were to accept it.

Wonderful, thank you!
I will add you to the list. :optimistic:

Note: The chosen profile pictures for both sides may not contain demeaning depictions or texts towards/of any person or character and are not allowed to have political implications, violence or sexualized content (e.g., Party X will win the election!; Luffy is “insert insult”; Women are citizen of second class; depiction of a naked people; etc.) – You know – the usual… .
That fight is pretty clearly Garp vs Kuzan.

@Rambles you gotta stop making Lucci bets. You're already at multiple years wearing other people's avatar choices. Keep going and the series will finish without you ever getting to pick your own avi again.

No, seriously - I am analytically at the point, where I am 100% sure that Lucci is going to join. The only thing I haven't quite figured out is how the story will progress during the next chapters. I have a very good guess, but you know Oda... . Lucci going against Vegapunk and Zolo doesn't even phase me, because I know the outcome of the arc and probably even what setup we will have at the start of the end-fight.

No, seriously - I am analytically at the point, where I am 100% sure that Lucci is going to join. The only thing I haven't quite figured out is how the story will progress during the next chapters. I have a very good guess, but you know Oda... . Lucci going against Vegapunk and Zolo doesn't even phase me, because I know the outcome of the arc and probably even what setup we will have at the start of the end-fight.
Kid is the perfect example of what’s going to happen bud

@Rambles I’m searching for a nice avi for you! It’s going to be glorious 3 months.
Would you show me? I am very curious as to what you would want me to wear.

That fight is pretty clearly Garp vs Kuzan.
I do not think the fight will be in a side-plot. But we will have to wait, I think.

Kid is the perfect example of what’s going to happen bud
Yes, this is the reason I took him to convey it - it's a nice dichotomy.