Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
But the theory is directly meant to be about the names of the devil fruits. Which just don’t work anymore once we were given Luffys fruits canonical name. The only one who calls it the gomu is luffy cause he doesn’t know, but we the readers do know so what’s the point of the pattern meant to draw hints to a reader if we the readers know the pattern doesn’t work anymore?

Oda does that for 99% of SBS questions. He waffles and gives no exact answer to keep debates and theories going knowing that sparks the most discussion for his books.
Vivi best girl

But the theory is directly meant to be about the names of the devil fruits. Which just don’t work anymore once we were given Luffys fruits canonical name. The only one who calls it the gomu is luffy cause he doesn’t know, but we the readers do know so what’s the point of the pattern meant to draw hints to a reader if we the readers know the pattern doesn’t work anymore?

Oda does that for 99% of SBS questions. He waffles and gives no exact answer to keep debates and theories going knowing that sparks the most discussion for his books.
Again, read the whole post and stop gravitating towards one aspect of it lol.

And your response still doesnt change the fact that for 98% of this manga, Luffy's fruit name is still the Gomu Gomu no Mi, so its semantics at this point.

Again, read the whole post and stop gravitating towards one aspect of it lol.

And your response still doesnt change the fact that for 98% of this manga, Luffy's fruit name is still the Gomu Gomu no Mi, so its semantics at this point.
My post was directly to discuss the devil fruit theory. I didn’t say anything else. I’m just saying you can’t use that as proof since the theory got debunked in wano as Luffys fruit name isn’t the Gomu.

My post was directly to discuss the devil fruit theory. I didn’t say anything else. I’m just saying you can’t use that as proof since the theory got debunked in wano as Luffys fruit name isn’t the Gomu.
Yes I can use it as proof, because its still the name of his devil fruit lol. Just because it has a secret name that only the Gorosei know doesnt change that fact.
Post automatically merged:

Listen, ya'll can simp for female characters all you want, but it doesnt change the fact that almost all of them have been rejected as SH pirates by Oda.

So either we are getting to a theshold where we either have nobody else because the story is near completion or someone very old and relevant to the story actually ends up joining. Kuma "can" fit that bill because he is the only other character along with Jinbe that has entirely influenced and saved the crew, has a tragic/mysterious past, and "can" fit a theory that can be subjectively argued.

Just saying:kayneshrug:

Last edited:
Yes I can use it as proof, because its still the name of his devil fruit lol. Just because it has a secret name that only the Gorosei know doesnt change that fact.

Listen, ya'll can simp for female characters all you want, but it doesnt change the fact that almost all of them have been rejected as SH pirates by Oda.

So either we are getting to a theshold where we either have nobody else because the story is near completion or someone very old and relevant to the story actually ends up joining. Kuma "can" fit that bill because he is the only other character along with Jinbe that has entirely influenced and saved the crew, has a tragic/mysterious past, and "can" fit a theory that can be subjectively argued.

Just saying:kayneshrug:
Fair enough then, I’m still saying Sabo makes the most sense btw.

If Luffy's fruit counts as 2-9 because of Nika and not 5-6 because of Gomu then you still would be miss 1 pair of numbers in the DF theory.

Haven't looked up what DF are in 5-6, but Luffy aligns 99% of the time with 56

Ive been feeling like this for a while now, but I think it may actually be Kuma, who I think is vastly overlooked as a character up untip this point.

But I argue that he is probably THE most mysterious character in the series barring Shanks or Imu. Oda has had him undergo a mind control plot since preTS, meaning his story is very old and solidly planned because of it. In that way, he is very similar to Jinbe in how he was designed. The only "current" issue is his interaction with Luffy. Its extremely minimal compared to someone like Yamato or Carrot or Vivi or Smoker.

However, he has 3 big traits that work in his favor:

- An extremely relevant and tragic flashback. However, and to argue the other side, since DR (Kyros/Riku/Rebecca and Law) to Wano (Momo/Oden), this hasnt necessarily mattered. But I argue that Oda is really laying on the "heavy" of Kuma's own tragic last. Is it tied to God Valley? His motivations of being a King? Motivations to wiping his memories? Why do it? These are all very old plans by Oda, unlike the above, because they all started pre timeskip.

- The DF number theory is old and has been used repeatedly to argue a myriad of characters. Funny enough though, when it was first mentioned via SBS, Kuma is the one mentioned and Oda ignored it:

- Kuma, like Jinbe, has done so much for the crew vs. any other character in this series. So much so that he and Jinbe are the only characters like this at all. Jinbe saved Luffy's life 3 separate times no less (Akainu's 2 attacks towards him, and donated his blood), then acted as vanguard at WCI. Kuma saved them at Sabaody and protected their Ship for 2 years.

Kuma is lingering as a mindless machine for "some" reason. I do not know what that reason is, but we are going to find put extremely soon considering he is likely on his way to Egghead.

To add, I absolutely think he's getting a new body when he gets here. We are on an island where VP has 6 other bodies and Kuma is mass produced and Seraphim are clones lol. Its super on the nose.

Tldr: Kuma for last strawhat. Genuinely mean it.
Eh idk, Kuma literally told Luffy they'll never see each other again

So imo he's dead and his body will do one last sacrifice to save Bonney. Fits the whole "you can get rid of the will" theme the arc has with the robots and seraphs

Eh idk, Kuma literally told Luffy they'll never see each other again

So imo he's dead and his body will do one last sacrifice to save Bonney. Fits the whole "you can get rid of the will" theme the arc has with the robots and seraphs
Issue with this is his memories are literally right there on Egghead lol. We also have zero idea on what he's actually doing.

He quite literally has broken that promise even as a mindless robot twice now lol. And now, probably 3 times when he gets to Egghead. Its easy to think he'll play the sacrificial lamb here. Maybe he will, maybe he wont.

Issue with this is his memories are literally right there on Egghead lol. We also have zero idea on what he's actually doing.
They could be used for another purpose. Popular theory is that Punk Records will broadcast his memories showing the injustice of the WG to the entire world.

I
He quite literally has broken that promise even as a mindless robot twice now lol. And now, probably 3 times when he gets to Egghead. Its easy to think he'll play the sacrificial lamb here. Maybe he will, maybe he wont.
No he hasn't since Kuma is dead, he hasn't seen Luffy again. If he comes back to life then it will be breaking the promise

They could be used for another purpose. Popular theory is that Punk Records will broadcast his memories showing the injustice of the WG to the entire world.

No he hasn't since Kuma is dead, he hasn't seen Luffy again. If he comes back to life then it will be breaking the promise
I dont agree with "popular theory" lol. If that were the case, then VP should have done it before planning to escape

I dont agree with "popular theory" lol. If that were the case, then VP should have done it before planning to escape
Punk Records isn't complete tho, theory irrc is either VP manages it to completed right before it's destroyed, or while it's being destroyed it somehow glitches and manages to broadcast Kuma's memories.

Punk Records isn't complete tho, theory irrc is either VP manages it to completed right before it's destroyed, or while it's being destroyed it somehow glitches and manages to broadcast Kuma's memories.
How do any of these 2 things work on the context of the arc we have lol. And how does that detract from anything Ive said about Kuma.

Again, semantics at this point. I merely proposed why I think he's possible. None of those are a knock against anything I said. Kuma can be wrong about breaking his promise, and Oda rarely, if ever, writes irredeemably tragic characters. There is a chance Kuma's story ends positively.

Im also not even saying hed be a cyborg/pacifista either. We are on an island with cloning tech

How do any of these 2 things work on the context of the arc we have lol. And how does that detract from anything Ive said about Kuma.
Why wouldn't they? We've been promised a great event that shock the world. The world waking up to realize how horrible the WG and CD are could be that.

Again, semantics at this point. I merely proposed why I think he's possible. None of those are a knock against anything I said. Kuma can be wrong about breaking his promise, and Oda rarely, if ever, writes irredeemably tragic characters. There is a chance Kuma's story ends positively.
And I mentioned why it probably isn't, if you post a theory you have to expect some scrutinization. Also Kuma memories being the flame of the revolution and saving his daughter even in death it's not "irredeemably". It's in line with the hundreds of father figures in one piece,

Why wouldn't they? We've been promised a great event that shock the world. The world waking up to realize how horrible the WG and CD are could be that.

And I mentioned why it probably isn't, if you post a theory you have to expect some scrutinization. Also Kuma memories being the flame of the revolution and saving his daughter even in death it's not "irredeemably". It's in line with the hundreds of father figures in one piece,
Bro, slavery is widely accepted publically in the OP world due to the WG lmao

Im not arguing against the memory thing being impossible, it just hasnt been alluded to at all as being a factor. Neither is Kuma making a sacrifice play. These are "safe" bets, not at all correct ones.

No it isnt, slavery is illegal in the One Piece world and not many people are acquianted with the reality of the WG.
Not to celestial dragons its not, and not to the corrupt royalty that took part in the auctions. People watch them murder them on the street, it still doesnt change outlook of anything. Fuck, Ryokugyuu thinks classism is necessary lmao. We already have the world revolting because of Sabo.

Anyway, getting way off topic. Cool that you disagree, so theres nothing else to discuss.

Not really, because its still called the Gomu Gomu no Mi and Luffy still names his moves that way. It having a secret name doesnt change that

"Nika" doesnt count towards anything. Its just the model of the fruit, not the fruit name itself.

Anyway, read Oda's response lol, clearly he acknowledged theres meaning behind it.

:seriously: read my whole theory guys, dont just gravitate towards 1 point made.
There is definitely meaning behind it, otherwise he would have not put it in an SBS and reacted that strangely in his answer. I only disagree with Kuma.