Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rest in Peace and Shine in Light
I have half a mind to put @Logiko on trial next at this point lmao how do we feel about that?
Guilty of derailing the Nakama thread over and over again.

I disagree with 95% of what Rambles' posts here, but I like reading his posts because he's kind, willing to explain his arguments without taking a place of superiority, and has no problem with people disagreeing with him, as long as they're polite.

You can post shit takes here (look at some of my posts) and people won't give you too much shit. It's acting like everyone else is insane for not liking your shit-takes that drives people crazy.

Can you imagine if I went into a giant rant about how people don't understand One Piece and started changing the definitions of words during my argument every time someone told me Wano Act 4 would never happen?

You haven't given me 1 single example mate. So yeah
Although I agree with @Warback that a points system is incredibly stupid, let me pick this apart anyway because it's a ridiculous list even if we accept the concept.

For the rules
1. Be alive. This is a dumb rule. Might as well say "has to be a one piece character". This just makes the list longer and adds nothing of value.
2. Be relevant to the story. This is reasonable, but clearly way too subjective to be a rule since you still considered Carrot to fit your rules after being missing for 200 chapters.
3. Be unique and have a unique ability. This is poorly thought out because this is two things. Nami was unique but didn't have a unique ability when she joined. Also it's entirely subjective.
4. Free from faction duty or independent. Looks like someone forgot about Franky and Jinbei.
5. Be a friend or false adversary. Franky was a real adversary when they met, he just changed sides later.
6. Looking and acting toward adventure. Brook, Franky, Robin, and Chopper all don't fit this unless you're being extremely lenient with the definition, in which case it's too subjective.
7. Have an inherited will. Okay, one rule we can agree on.

I notice 6 of your 7 rules are extremely subjective and/or don't actually fit all the strawhats, and it's missing all but one of the things all the strawhats actually have in common.

As for the "pillars" (name is a bit much but whatever).

1. The quirk. Zoro, Robin, and Jinbei had no quirk, also subjective.
2. Fighting skill. Nami again.
3. Antagonistic introduction. Sanji and Jinbei didn't have this.
4. Multilayered charactorization. Sure I guess, but pretty weak as main criteria. You're basically saying "has to be a good character".
5. The symbolic reach. Very vague, and I don't trust whatever your definition of this is without hearing it first.
6. The strong character arc. Just as arbitrary as number four, but also subjective
7. The hint of recruitment. Robin. And if you say "there was subtext saying she'll join" without explaining said subtext, I'm going to reach through my screen and smack you.
8. The hint of three driving forces. So one of your made up rules is that each strawhat must meet another 3 of your made up rules. No thanks.
9. The post. Yes, but this should be in the rules section. The fact that having a quirk, fighting skill, and an antagonistic introduction is the same number of points as this shows how inane the point system is.
10. The shining nakama action. Pretty much all of worstgen considers this extremely dumb. It's abitrary, it's subjective, and the name is so cringey. And the fact that it's worth more points than the post makes it hard to take you seriously.
11. The rescue. I assume this means Luffy defeats their villain or otherwise rescues them from their trauma or something along those lines, which should be a rule, but considering you gave Carrot a perfect score, you clearly lack judgement when applying this one.
12. Refusal of the call to adventure. The fact that you call this the dealbreaker and rate it as highly as the rescue and the post COMBINED is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard from you. It doesn't even fit all of the strawhats, namely Ussop. This actually bars you from participating in nakama debates imo.

A lot of these you're going to say "but the strawhat who broke the rule fits this later on". But remember this is a list to rate potential strawhats BEFORE they join, so by definition you can't include criteria that ANY of the strawhats didn't meet BEFORE they joined, or the same list would have excluded those strawhats from joining.

In conclusion, almost all of these are nonsense, and even the few that aren't nonesense in theory are nonsense in this list because of the arbitrary points system. You can't possibly expect anyone to use this list. Also, stop making up new words and phrases. I don't care if you think the words fit, it just makes things more confusing when you use made up language.

God, I can't believe I spent almost an hour on this when I could have been practicing Portugues.
Sigran killed C4N and thanks saving us all time.

Reading through last few pages and trying to understand @Logiko and what the F his points are made my IQ drop by 100 points. What was his point against @Warback again?
Warback: I understand some characteristics are more important than others
NoLogiko: you don’t understand some characteristics are more important than others. I’m right you are wrong
Me: :kaidowhat:
Warback doesn't understand the subtext