Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Yes congratulations everyone here as their own set of "pillars" and standards to asses new SH potential, so what? They have diferent standards and reached diferent conclusions, how hard is it to understand that?
If you can find other common parameters without quoting "dream and backstory" good luck.

If you can find other common parameters without quoting "dream and backstory" good luck.
Well as I said earlier your first parameter is already wrong.

I wanted to reall give your theory a go and went to your blog. But I have to be honest I had to drop it at the first pillar. Antagonistic introduction doesn’t fit all the strawhats at all. And the fact that Luffy gets subjected to the theory is complet bogus. He is the one that chooses his Nakama. He is not a Nakama.
I don’t need to continue reading it if I find a mistake in the first pillar already.

Never has so much time been spent on a character who has done so very little.

The worst thing to ever happen to this topic.

Anyway, Kuma’s a no for me because Oda just told us that Jinbei‘s animal was a bear, which would be a very strange move if he was planning on soon adding a guy whose every aesthetic is based on being a bear.

Bonney, interesting. Oda’s made her DF powers more varied and interesting than I thought they would be. She’s bonded a decent amount with the Strawhats, not amazingly, but decent. But I get the feeling Kuma is still the most important one of the two, and Bonney exists to further his story and not the other way around. She’ll be around for another arc at least though.

Well as I said earlier your first parameter is already wrong.
No its not wrong lol. it fits all the strawhats without exceptions :)
But there are parameters in that antagonistic introduction its snot simply "hey, I'm a bad guys". Its more complicated than that, but you need to read the post to understand that.

the problem is that some people here think that their candidates will join, just because they found something in common between their candidate and a SH member, even though that thing is unrelated to joining matters, and they tend to force these things for their candidates, which makes their explanation really stupid.
for example if Luffy told Zoro to help him, and said the same thing to their candidate, then they will say that their candidate must be joining, just because Luffy told him/her to help him, just like Zoro.

for me, what really matters is what the characters themselves say and want, what they have in common with SHs, and these common things should be related to joining matters, to SHs matters, not just some random things, that's why I think Yamato will join, because she wants to join, she said that she will join, she knows Luffy's dream just like the other SHs, and when Momonosuke called the SHs with their joining order in chapter 1056, he called her after Jinbe, which was a clear hint since Momo doesn't know the SHs joining order (Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jinbe, Yamato, that's what Momo said.)

so no matter how many times you try to deceive yourselves, it's clear that Yamato has highest possibility of joining, because she has a lot more things to be a SH than any other candidate.

No its not wrong lol. it fits all the strawhats without exceptions :)
But there are parameters in that antagonistic introduction its snot simply "hey, I'm a bad guys". Its more complicated than that, but you need to read the post to understand that.
I read the first post. Found a mistake and didn’t need to continue. But Sanji was not introduced in an antagonistic way. He was shown beating full body for disrespecting food and it was badass. Usopp is the same, nothing antagonistic about him either. Nami, chopper again the same. And don’t come with subtext. The issue is you define antagonistic how ever you want and say it fits. But the rest here disagrees with you. You can say we don’t read subtext or say we don’t understand. But that is not true, you just don’t won’t to admit that you are wrong. And I can understand that. It is difficult to do that after having put so much in it for so long.

You guys dont understand C4N is 1000000 times more intelligent than all of us together even with all of us had eaten Vegapunks devilfruit.

Even if Oda himself would came here and Tell him Carrot was never build like a strawhat in mind, C4N would be right.

He tried to enlighten us many times, but we are waaaaay to dumb to understand. In reality Carrot was the main character since the beginning of One Piece. Thats the secret message behind this manga. We never saw the signs.

if Luffy told Zoro to help him, and said the same thing to their candidate, then they will say that their candidate must be joining,
Wrong. If Zoro only said that to Luffy their would be no reason to take it into account. What matters is what ALL the strawhats have in common.

Yamato's story is over.

But Sanji was not introduced in an antagonistic way. He was shown beating full body for disrespecting food and it was badass
Perhaps the term "antagonistic" is not the best one. The point is that ALL the strawhats are portrayed as menace, either graphically or through the storyline or even sometimes through simple mention of another protagonist.

And don’t come with subtext.
No, this is not subtext here its directly things that are on the page.

As I explained. This type of characterization helps the strawhat be impactfull on the get go. its a simple storytelling trick that is used often in fiction.

You guys dont understand C4N is 1000000 times more intelligent
I'm not more intelligent that any of you. In fact I'm kind of dumb sometimes. I just know a bit of stuff about storytelling that I think escapes you guys.

Even if Oda himself would came here and Tell him Carrot was never build like a strawhat in mind, C4N would be right.
Indeed. That's because I don't care about the words of an author about his story, only what is in the sotry matter. A lot of Author often do things without knowing it, instinctively.

In reality Carrot was the main character since the beginning of One Piece. Thats the secret message behind this manga. We never saw the signs.
lol

Straw Hats currently have 10 crew members, so they will not be gaining any more as that is exactly the number Luffy had posited as his ideal number.

Grand Fleet however has 5 640 people currently, and I do believe it will expand until reaching 10 000 men.