Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Although it's nice to see people coming around to Bonney with the apprentice role, I actually don't think that works. She may be a child, but she is a succesful pirate captain once considered a rival to Luffy. It seems wrong to put a supernova captain in an aprentice role.
Yeah, and where is her crew now? Since she's like 12 it's possible that she kind of played the captain role instead of being an actual captain. Although I do have the same reservations towards the apprentice role, it's just that Bonney could parallel Shanks in that regard, with CD ancestry and being an apprentice to the PK crew. Also it could be funny if Bonney doesn't see herself as an apprentice, but the crew does, could be a running gag.

Anyways, let's follow the story and enjoy it :)

I like Bonney as nakama option but her fighting style is unappealing. Idk how Oda would make it work
I still think we haven't seen everything she can do. So far this arc, she transformed into an alternate future version of herself to gain strength, aged a doorknob until it disintigrated, and incapacitated marines by showing them their deaths. Oda is being very creative with her fruit so far. I'd love to see her fight swordsmen like that rust guy in ennies lobby. I bet she has more tricks up her sleeve, and the sword and pistol combo has a lot of potentiel. Just wait for her to turn into Barrigan from bleach with her awakening. Personally, I'm waiting until she gets a real 1v1 to judge.

Bonnie will prolly join Straw Hats after Vegapunk Arc
Welcome to worstgen and to the "nakama-thread".
Post automatically merged:

I still think we haven't seen everything she can do. So far this arc, she transformed into an alternate future version of herself to gain strength, aged a doorknob until it disintigrated, and incapacitated marines by showing them their deaths. Oda is being very creative with her fruit so far. I'd love to see her fight swordsmen like that rust guy in ennies lobby. I bet she has more tricks up her sleeve, and the sword and pistol combo has a lot of potentiel. Just wait for her to turn into Barrigan from bleach with her awakening. Personally, I'm waiting until she gets a real 1v1 to judge.
She also has that light-saber... .

Last edited:
This chapter demonstrates why I think Logikos pillars are not useful for predicting the next nakama. The content of two chapters can fill most of the requirements lickity split. The only way to get any serviceable information is once all of the pillars are filled, and considering Carrot didn't join, even all the pillars being filled doesn't matter.

People who made their guess for Bonney based off the SH crew being a sausagefest have the most workable theory of us all. i've commited to my sinking ship

This chapter demonstrates why I think Logikos pillars are not useful for predicting the next nakama. The content of two chapters can fill most of the requirements lickity split. The only way to get any serviceable information is once all of the pillars are filled, and considering Carrot didn't join, even all the pillars being filled doesn't matter.
This is a fair point. The thing is that if if think like that well.. there is really no way to predict anything and we can say whatever we want, which is not very efficient.

THe point of my system is not to define the next strawhat but to get close to the most probable option. If it is true that Oda can create a strawhat in the span of two or three chapter, there is very low chance that he will do that knowing that we are at the end of the story. THe story of the next strawhat (if there is one) will most likely be longer.

Lmao, every chapter you claim the Bonney train is dead even though it keeps getting stronger and stronger :gokulaugh:
Hmm maybe, but i'm sorta of an ageist of SH, i don't think they'll be a SH below the age of 15 or above the age of say 60 (except Brook), or someone who presents very much like an old man (Vegapunk).

I dunno :kayneshrug:, people are going to say she can even be an aprentice but she was literally a captain of a pirate crew :vistalaugh:, i think it would be weird to have an eleven year old or wahtever she is, that can transform to an adult.

Imagine the Sanji issue.:risitexcla:

Join us next chapter when Bonney declares her dream to liberate the slaves and go out to sea with Nika, then Luffy yells "Bonney, join my crew" back in the present day.

@Warback : Well, the Bonney train is DEFINITELY dead now.
Hey Yamato was a thing :myman:

But i wouldn't mind getting a suprise join i guess, i'm not Logiko :madmonk:

Carrot is dead, no more bunnies.
@Pot Goblin

:yodawhat:

Hmm maybe, but i'm sorta of an ageist of SH, i don't think they'll be a SH below the age of 15 or above the age of say 60 (except Brook), or someone who presents very much like an old man (Vegapunk).

I dunno :kayneshrug:, people are going to say she can even be an aprentice but she was literally a captain of a pirate crew :vistalaugh:, i think it would be weird to have an eleven year old or wahtever she is, that can transform to an adult.

Imagine the Sanji issue.:risitexcla:

Hey Yamato was a thing :myman:

But i wouldn't mind getting a suprise join i guess, i'm not Logiko :madmonk:

@Pot Goblin

:yodawhat:
Fair point about Yamato, but you gotta admit, you claim the Bonney train is dead now after every other chapter, but it only keeps picking up steam.

I definitely agree with you on the apprentice thing though. No Supernova captain is going to be a damn apprentice.