Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Multiple personalities?:bamathink:
More like a 0 personnality + a full personnality in that case. What I think happened is that Vegapunk wanted to test the switch first but did it without testing because who cares if Kuma is going to die anyway? And so he installed a fail safe that would maybe switch the personnality once a certain someone enters Egghead..

Explaining why Kuma suddenly woke up and ran toward the Redline.

if bonney won't join i feel my time is wasted with these kuma flashback. his flashback definitely one of the best in one piece and solved some of the puzzle pieces but yea it's just too much flashback if we don't get something in return like a new strawhat thou.

just gonna see in the next few chapters if bonney suddenly have a significant job role for a pirate ship. just like jinbe suddenly is a super skilled helmsman

Last edited:
Yeah, and Oda would never ruin the emotional impact of a character death by bringing them back to life for no reason :sanmoji:
that was flashback death, we are present time

we got clue by vegapunk about soul never erases true memories

so chance kuma to come back!

kuma soul is still enduring, as seen this panel

he running in empty background still (after memory wipe)

so clue kuma soul not gone

also explains kuma running off suddenly now.

I think Bonney’s the best 50/50 we‘ve seen. Can go either way and neither would surprise me.

Pros: excellent flashback with a mentor figure that’s been heavily involved in the series for a long time
Easy potential for a dream that requires her to travel with Luffy to Laugh Tale
Unique design that stands out from the rest of the crew. Pink hair for colour spreads, lipstick and face-ring for facial features
Very interesting DF. One that I thought would be too gimmicky but has been given quite a few interesting uses

Cons: does her true age count against her?
Also her DF, funnily enough. I’m not sure Oda will have someone else on the crew who can do things that are clearly the same as Luffy. That was a G3 punch to beat Alpha.
Similar note with being too similar to Luffy- her epithet is Big Eater. That’s kind of one of his main things.
Is she a side character for the main story that is Kuma?
Will Kuma and her get a happy ending? He’s not joining, and we won’t get two new Strawhats.

I don’t much care about role, Oda can easily say Cabin Girl or Apprentice and thanks to her age it would make sense. Age wise she is just three years younger than Chopper was, so I think that’s an either way (Tama by comparison was far younger).

I expect her to stick around until Elbaf, which may not be the next island based on Oda’s recent message.

Anyone who thinks Bonney isn't a strong Nakama candidate after 1102 needs to give their head a wobble. That flashback has now demonstrated it's near enough an act of "fate" in the One Piece narrative that they'd work together in some way towards a common goal at some point. At MINIMUM she's a Grand Fleet captain to-be. Here-on out, but with nowhere to go, her crew's been destroyed (seemingly), with nobody to turn to, knowing her father's own faith in Luffy and his will living on in both Bonney and Luffy, and the fact she too is a moral Pirate; it's clear she's a near perfect fit.

Anyone thinking she doesn't fit simply has an agenda. I don't care too much for her character but even I can see she's being set up for something big.

I dunno why people need all these theories when this is from the very beginning of the arc

Plus with the Seraphims. They despite being completely different people from the original still hold some of the originals fighting style and desires

The theme of this arc it’s that is almost impossible to get rid of a someone’s free will. Kuma saving his daughter even as a brainless zombie embodies that

I think Bonney’s the best 50/50 we‘ve seen. Can go either way and neither would surprise me.

Pros: excellent flashback with a mentor figure that’s been heavily involved in the series for a long time
Easy potential for a dream that requires her to travel with Luffy to Laugh Tale
Unique design that stands out from the rest of the crew. Pink hair for colour spreads, lipstick and face-ring for facial features
Very interesting DF. One that I thought would be too gimmicky but has been given quite a few interesting uses

Cons: does her true age count against her?
Also her DF, funnily enough. I’m not sure Oda will have someone else on the crew who can do things that are clearly the same as Luffy. That was a G3 punch to beat Alpha.
Similar note with being too similar to Luffy- her epithet is Big Eater. That’s kind of one of his main things.
Is she a side character for the main story that is Kuma?
Will Kuma and her get a happy ending? He’s not joining, and we won’t get two new Strawhats.

I don’t much care about role, Oda can easily say Cabin Girl or Apprentice and thanks to her age it would make sense. Age wise she is just three years younger than Chopper was, so I think that’s an either way (Tama by comparison was far younger).

I expect her to stick around until Elbaf, which may not be the next island based on Oda’s recent message.
Basically this. After Yamato, no one should be betting too hard on any character regardless of how good their case is, but I put Bonney at 50/50 as well now. I was more like 40/60 before. Though I would argue her age is actually a pro, and not having a defined dream or role is a con.