Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Basically this. After Yamato, no one should be betting too hard on any character regardless of how good their case is, but I put Bonney at 50/50 as well now. I was more like 40/60 before. Though I would argue her age is actually a pro, and not having a defined dream or role is a con.
I think you can make a good argument for a dream, the role not so much

Bonney having access to partial Nika basically disqualifies her in my eyes (still mad about that). But that would be pre-G5 Oda when he pretended that Devil Fruits were consistent. I guess the 12 year old child can join, and we'll have Sanji simping over her the entire time.

To me it would have made more sense that she joins the revolutionaries like her dad, and supports the Straw Hats as a revolutionary ally. Especially if Kuma doesn't die or is revived somehow, as we wouldn't have both her and a Warlord joining in the same arc. I also imagine she'd much rather spend time with her father.

But we in Dream Fruit piece now and I no longer expect Oda to have any restraint or any consistency. If you think 10 dudes is still a hard number after the Nika fruit and Bonney's "altered future where she gets the Nika fruit", you gotta be very selective about when Oda cares about his stories consistency.

W
Bonney having access to partial Nika basically disqualifies her in my eyes (still mad about that). But that would be pre-G5 Oda when he pretended that Devil Fruits were consistent. I guess the 12 year old child can join, and we'll have Sanji simping over her the entire time.

To me it would have made more sense that she joins the revolutionaries like her dad, and supports the Straw Hats as a revolutionary ally. Especially if Kuma doesn't die or is revived somehow, as we wouldn't have both her and a Warlord joining in the same arc. I also imagine she'd much rather spend time with her father.

But we in Dream Fruit piece now and I no longer expect Oda to have any restraint or any consistency. If you think 10 dudes is still a hard number after the Nika fruit and Bonney's "altered future where she gets the Nika fruit", you gotta be very selective about when Oda cares about his stories consistency.
I mean he pretty consistent to put that dialogue part in every one piece media until now counting live action and new "the" one piece trailer, if that not consistent i dont know what is

That doens't make sense because she's one of the most "sucefull" captains in the new gen of pirates, she was a worstgen captain.
That doesn't guarantee you a prominent position within a Yonko crew. Just look at Hawkins, who was a Headliner, just like all those Smile guys whose names we already forgot. Or Bege, who was a combatant, just like Bobbin, etc.. Nothing special. And it's still a fact that she's 12, just no one knows it.

That doesn't guarantee you a prominent position within a Yonko crew. Just look at Hawkins, who was a Headliner, just like all those Smile guys whose names we already forgot. Or Bege, who was a combatant, just like Bobbin, etc.. Nothing special. And it's still a fact that she's 12, just no one knows it.
I'm not sugesting she'll have a prominent position, i'm saying she doesn't make sense as an aprentice when she's been a captain for years

I'm not sugesting shell have a prominent position, i'm saying she doesn't make sense as an apretince when she's been a captain for years
she has not been captain, for over 1 year since black beard destroyed her crew, or she wouldn't be wondering alone back at mg and later stowaway on a boat by herself..

she is resourceful as a kid on her own, just like robin was.

I'd be willing to put Ussop, Chopper, Nami and most SH in the aprentice position, outside of say Brook or Jimbei, because most of them never were pirates, Bonney is not that either, she's in the former captain camp.

Some people here imagine the SHs to always be great at their roles so the position of aprentice will always be bizarre to them
Post automatically merged:

she has not been captain, for over 1 year since black beard destroyed her crew, or she wouldn't be wondering alone back at mg and later stowaway on a boat by herself..

she is resourceful as a kid on her own, just like robin was.
What does she have to learn as an aprentice when she's already one of the most famous pirate captains or at least pirates in the world.

I mean what am i saying Oda is a fraud, so sure she can be an aprentice. :gokulaugh:

I'd be willing to put Ussop, Chopper, Nami and most SH in the aprentice position, outside of say Brook or Jimbei, because most of them never were pirates, Bonney is not that either, she's in the former captain camp.

Some people here imagine the SHs to always be great at their roles so the position of aprentice will always be bizarre to them
Post automatically merged:

What does she have to learn as an aprentice when she's already one of the most famous pirate captains or at least pirates in the world.

I mean what am i saying Oda is a fraud, so sure she can be an aprentice. :gokulaugh:
i see her joing sh,

people saying apprentice is there own opinion

I think Bonney will be the next SH.
For the past few yrs we’ve seen 3 fan favorite characters that ODA seemed to write as if they were the next SH member.

Carrot - Great transformation
Tama - A child
Yamato - Great Power

if you think about it, Bonney represents them all. It seems like Oda was already giving hints who the next SH member will be from few yrs back.

But still. I wont complain if we will have Vivi, Yamato and Bonney joining.

I think Bonney will be the next SH.
For the past few yrs we’ve seen 3 fan favorite characters that ODA seemed to write as if they were the next SH member.

Carrot - Great transformation
Tama - A child
Yamato - Great Power

if you think about it, Bonney represents them all. It seems like Oda was already giving hints who the next SH member will be from few yrs back.

But still. I wont complain if we will have Vivi, Yamato and Bonney joining.
Since when is Tama a fan favorite who was written as if she would join the crew?

Anyone who thinks Bonney isn't a strong Nakama candidate after 1102 needs to give their head a wobble. That flashback has now demonstrated it's near enough an act of "fate" in the One Piece narrative that they'd work together in some way towards a common goal at some point. At MINIMUM she's a Grand Fleet captain to-be. Here-on out, but with nowhere to go, her crew's been destroyed (seemingly), with nobody to turn to, knowing her father's own faith in Luffy and his will living on in both Bonney and Luffy, and the fact she too is a moral Pirate; it's clear she's a near perfect fit.

Anyone thinking she doesn't fit simply has an agenda. I don't care too much for her character but even I can see she's being set up for something big.
And to think that she can be herself again, a 12 yr old girl, but no need of protecting, if she’s with the SHs. I think she’s indeed joining. This will be the ultimate ending of Kuma-Bonney story.

Since Bonney is 12, and can join the crew, Luffy would basically be dealing with a child. That’s if Bonney reveals to them that she is 12. I doubt everyone in the crew would be okay with her joining without someone to take care of her when/if she tells them her real age. This is like if kid Momonosuke just joined by himself without Kinemon.

I feel like people tend to forget that Bonney is one of the most infamous pirate captains in the world. The supernovas are a huge deal, and one of them joining Luffy is front page global news in the One Piece world. Bonney is not underqualified, not too young, not too weak. She's not going to be a damn apprentice. Even vice captain is more suitable for her than apprentice.