Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
It's obvious Yamato's a woman lol. I don't know how anyone denies that.
She's obviously not like real trans men, I feel she just says she's Oden like a kid will say they're Spiderman.
She simply admires him. It's in no way comparable to someone actually identifying as the opposite gender and changing their pronouns and body and everything to match their new identity.

Of Wano yes.

Competence for a role is not about strenght. It's about the way a character acts in front of adversity.

Not at all, I love Yamato's story.

No sorry, you didn't read or understood what I said if you still think so.

But I've burn my ressources to make you understand so lets agree to disagree.

A post, in One PIece is ALWAYS related to the journey on the sea. So yes, every strawhats have a role that is relevant to the common structure of a ship. Oda is just choosing to extend the post:
Zoro is not really a combattant, he is a first mate.
Usopp is a sniper, but his relation to the sea is related to shooters on boat
Robin is a archeologist. In short, she is a individual on the sea that brings knowledge. On ships during the great explorations areas, there were great explorers and intellectual who were able to understand others and were here either to take or to discover valuable ressources. Robin is playing that role.
Brook is a musician. It IS a legit role on a ship. Weither its important or not is not a question. Not all post needs to be important in theory. But for Luffy its foundamental, so foundamental in fact that he mentionned the post of musician before the rest.

Remember, posts are important in the context of the strawhats and their needs, not in the context of piratery

As for the importances of post, they are FOUNDAMENTAL. Post are literally the extention of the characterization of the strawhats. They are the results of their journey, their stories and their descisions.

Only because of the situations they are placed in.
Those roles are not really part - except for Nami maybe - part of their characterization.

THis is why, even if Usopp or Sanji did the look out, the person in the One Piece universe who is the fittest for the role is Carrot. Simply because this post is literally an extention of her journey, her story and her personnality. Both in base and SUlong form.

If you think that you really don't understand what Oda is writing at all mate.

No. He is still doing that.

When all the strawhats actions leads to the defeats of the antagonists as rapidely as it happens, I consider that teamwork very effective. Even if its chaotic.

Teamwork is not only about that. Its also the capacity to cope with chaos.

Me too.

And you are wrong

:cheers:

What the story shows is that they do. ALways. Even if its chaotic.

Yes it does. At least if we believe that the story of ONe Piece will not transform into something completely different. Oda is very consistant so there is no reason that it changes.

This wouldn't change the fact that the dynamic of the story and the relationship of the crew would be forever changed. This won't happen.

Because if you create a strategist now, there is absolutely NO NEEDS for them to join the strawhat as they are. The strawhats are doing well.

So, for the strawhat to integrate a strategist into their crew, you would need to put them in an horrible situation and make them completely lose there crew dynamic. Which is something that could only be resolved by a strategists..

But that would defeat the purpose and the themes of the strawhats to begin with... so it won't happen.

No. If that was the case, the strawhats would be dead or separated.

What lacked before the new world was strenght, never strategy or team work.

Jinbe was talking about himself.

896*
It only means that Luffy is chaotic and will never follow plans as they should. Which is furthering my point. Its not an hint.

Like nowhere... Giving an advice to Luffy or the crew is not "strategizing" lol Let's have some respect here.

When you don't make the difference between simple characterization and targeted characterization .. yeah.. its pointless to argue.

:kayneshrug:
I wonder what you think of the following: What do you think happened on Egghead that Oda needed to insert the time-skip a few chapters ago? He did not do so, because he felt like it. He did do so, because he didn't want us to see something - and this something is how well Lucci and Kaku and the SHPs were able to get the situation under control. And how do you think Lucci helped them in this situation? What is he good at?

The whole situation on Egghead is not in the least resolved. There is so much missing story-wise - you should know that and feel it. And with Vegapunk now almost dead, he as a character cannot contribute to the story for long anymore. So, Oda has to switch to another character, who has a past with Vegapunk, to finish the plot-strand he has now skipped to - the Vegapun-Shaka-Lucci plot-strand.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, Waribou stays, remove Lucci :kata: (why the heck is he even there smh)
Noo!!! :strawhatock:

(He is on the list, because he will become Luffy's 11th crew member. :blush:)

Because @Rambles runs the Lucci for nakama train alone but posts more real discussion than anyone else here. I think 10 of his 11 votes are just because everyone likes Rambles.
I'd feel bad to remove Lucci because my goat rambles is fighting on his own like a one-man army for him. Removing Bellamy, Vegapunk or Hancock would make more sense perhaps :zorothink:
:pepemwai::sweat:

Let’s just get rid of Bellamy and replace him with somebody more relevant. I don’t remember the last time I saw a Bellamy4Nakama supporter or even the last time he was mentioned at all going as far back as the old nakama thread.
Why not add the bartender-giantess from Elbaph?

"Drink up now, faker-chan."

Smoker gang smoke up.
The only real and obvious candidate for me during all these years, and not another weekly one. When Carrot and Yamato fans were fighting with each other, I told them that it was obvious that none of them would become the final member of the crew. No one was listening to us. Well, let's see) I'm almost 100% sure that the final nakama is either a Smoker or no one. Anyway, I don't fight with anyone because of this, because you can't be sure what another person will create in the future (Oda), so if I'm wrong, at least I won't be ashamed.

Dropping Bonney off with Dragon is a terrible idea actually.

Dragon's not protecting shit :denzimote:
:suresure:

So instead of thinking "new nakama" you suggest us doing wagers who will get offed from existing ones?
I vote Zeus, dude's a total fraud🤣
Zeus somehow seems either like a constantly stoned hippy or like one of these soulless smiling toys in horror movies that suddenly come alive.

Creepy... .

Just dropping by to remind you all that no one from our agendas joined so far and it's all Luffy Piece till the very end!

I legit give up on +1. I finally heard all the voices saying "but SHP don't do much on panel anyways" and you know what, I agree, I was really hoping to get another cool SH, but seeing how Oda's favourite boi Zoro gets his fight off-panelled, Oda's favourite girl Nami is stuck doing nothing and is also mostly off-panelled, why do we even want a new SH for? Let's say, Bonney joins and becomes an apprentice, what kind of scene's will we get?
Her stuffing her face with pizza alongside Luffy and Sanji who cooked that pizza, ok, a brief moment of calm. But during an island arc, what will she do? Get stuck with Chopper and Usopp, b/c now we know she's a child and most likely she won't be fighting anyone? So running away, or hiding, or asking for help, we already have Usopp, Nami and Chopper trio, it's gonna get overloaded.
Okay, not Bonney, let's think about someone strong, idk, Law, because why not entertain the the idea at this point. Law is strong, and smart, basically Zoro+Sanji in one character, now what do we get? In the moment of calm he might be interested in bonding with Robin, who is very knowledgeable and might shed some light on the D. But then again, our usual island chaos arc? Running, clashing with the big bads, getting off-panelled, all in favour for Luffy to spam his Nika (and being appalled by Luffy's orders). You know what, I don't want Law anymore as s part of SHP, he's better off on his own.

So I officially switch off my only serious vote "+1" in the poll and from now on support only Meme nakama Piece, because it's at least fun while it lasts for a couple of panels.
Why not wait at least until chapter 1111 - you know - reference to the 11th SHP and all that.?

Last edited:
:suresure:

Zeus somehow seems either like a constantly stoned hippy or like one of these soulless smiling toys in horror movies that suddenly come alive.

Creepy... .

Why not wait at least until chapter 1111 - you know - reference to the 11th SHP and all that.?

Rambles if Lucci doesn't join, what character do you think is likely to join

I loved that moment when Yamato went - "It's Yamorbin time," and gender fluided all over them.
:saitahu:

What do you think happened on Egghead that Oda needed to insert the time-skip a few chapters ago?
The time skip during egghead ?
Oh! You mean the time skip between the moment when we discoverer the plan of York and the moment she is defeated ?

Lol, no this is not intended to highlight Lucci specifically, this is one of the way that some writers likes to write victories. And Oda is using that since Wano.

What Oda will do is that he will create a situation that could put the strawhats into difficulty, then he will make the strawhats and Luffy fade away in the background while he narrates a few other story (the different storylines of Sabo/Koby) then we will return back to the situation a show that it seems desesperate from the outside, but in reality he will show the strawhats reappear either with the situation already fixed or fixing the situation rapidely.

This absence ponctuated by a victory has for effect to accentuate the heroic status of the strawhats in the mind of the readers.

It just happens that Lucci is with them, but Lucci doesn't really hold any kind of importance here. I'm sorry.

And how do you think Lucci helped them in this situation? What is he good at?
He is just an helping hand in that moment, nothing more.

The whole situation on Egghead is not in the least resolved. There is so much missing story-wise - you should know that and feel it.
Actually, we are close to the end.

The storylines are currently closing. Vegapunk seems to be dying or died which will lead the world to the unprecedented event that Oda talked about (the truth), Bonney is with her Dad and we only need one or two chapter to close that storyline as there is not really much more to say. And the strawhat are on the verge of leaving the Island. Luffy is staying behind to keep the threat at bay, but once everyone is safe, he will be gone too. The island will be left without the strawhat, without vegapunk and the marine and governement who completely failed to keep the story from coming out.

The victory for Vegapunk is close. And the story of Egghead is about to end.

Vegapun-Shaka-Lucci plot-strand.
There is no such plotline, sorry.

I wonder what you think of the following: What do you think happened on Egghead that Oda needed to insert the time-skip a few chapters ago? He did not do so, because he felt like it. He did do so, because he didn't want us to see something - and this something is how well Lucci and Kaku and the SHPs were able to get the situation under control. And how do you think Lucci helped them in this situation? What is he good at?

The whole situation on Egghead is not in the least resolved. There is so much missing story-wise - you should know that and feel it. And with Vegapunk now almost dead, he as a character cannot contribute to the story for long anymore. So, Oda has to switch to another character, who has a past with Vegapunk, to finish the plot-strand he has now skipped to - the Vegapun-Shaka-Lucci plot-strand.

Noo!!! :strawhatock:

(He is on the list, because he will become Luffy's 11th crew member. :blush:)

:pepemwai::sweat:

Why not add the bartender-giantess from Elbaph?
You must be the fluffiest fanboy in the whole forum. No insults, no schizo meltdowns, just pure dedication to your fave character.