Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Vivi cause she's coming back into the story :luuh:
But anyway
1. She's the reason the Alabasta arc happened
2. If she did rejoin permanently (which I don't see happening cause it wouldn't make sense with her character) she would probably have the role of crew diplomat considering how important of an aspect that is for her character
3. Vivi's a better character
Post automatically merged:

Well with Usopp he arguably was a sniper from day one, but that's beside the point cause a character like Usopp can work if they join at the start of a story. But Robin was always set up to be the crew archeologist. Did you skip that scene in the tomb?
Robin was an archeologist, but point me to where that was defined as her position on the crew in Alabasta.

I've noticed that every anti Yamato argument ends the same way. Yamato fans counter the argument by pointing out that an existing strawhat had the exact same circumstances, then the anti Yamato crew goes "but that's an exception".

Let's count the "Exceptions" shall we?

Zoro- no/short backstory
Nami- invited herself, no/short backstory
Ussop- no role, no/short backstory
Sanji- too loyal to his current group, no relationship with most of the crew
Chopper- nickname, no relationship with most of the crew
Robin- invited herself, no relationship with most of the crew, no role, useless role, too strong, no/short backstory
Franky- nickname, too strong, no relationship with most of the crew, too loyal to current group
Brook- too obvious, useless role
Jinbei- too strong, no role, too loyal to current group

If all of the strawhats are exceptions, then Yamato can be one too. And if you have to explain away dozens of countered points as "exceptions" then you should reconsider your position.

Robin was an archeologist, but point me to where that was defined as her position on the crew in Alabasta.

I've noticed that every anti Yamato argument ends the same way. Yamato fans counter the argument by pointing out that an existing strawhat had the exact same circumstances, then the anti Yamato crew goes "but that's an exception".

Zoro- no/short backstory
Robin- invited herself, no relationship with most of the crew, no role, useless role, too strong, no/short backstory
Franky- nickname, too strong, no relationship with most of the crew, too loyal to current group

If all of the strawhats are exceptions, then Yamato can be one too. And if you have to explain away dozens of countered points as "exceptions" then you should reconsider your position.
Very ironic for him to say “did you skip that scene in the tomb” while the same person said “Yamato has read Oden’s journal and is a spoiler”

He clearly skipped the part where Laugh Tale journey pages were torn by Oden.
:kobeha:

Zoro- no/short backstory

as Jimbei fan I also add what people said about him at the time. Why they did not want him.
1. to old
2. He seems like mentor
3. He would spoil adventure
4. He has crew of his crew own already it would better off join the grand fleet.
5. Fishman island needs his protection
6. It would be better off he died.
7. His fighting style is pretty boning and forgettable.

She’s coming back doesn’t mean anything.

1. And in the end Robin who permanently joined, not Vivi. Alabasta arc was more to get in depth about how dangerous shichibukai are which were mentioned during AP and Vivi is the plot to get there
2. “Probably”
Being diplomat means no shit if she can’t fend for herself by being a fodder. New World is way more dangerous. No haki, no DF, no fighting skills that can get stronger = she’s way weaker than Usopp. Oda has said that Usopp will always be the weakest crew member. You expect her to be protected by others for her not being killed & want Oda to use plot armor most of time for her? No shit
3. Again, it doesn’t mean any shit just because she can pull peacock strings out of her nipples and you cope for her

So unless Vivi is shown to have fighting capabilities that can make her stronger than Usopp, you can keep coping.
1. Vivi was the focus of the whole arc. Not sure what you're on dude
2/3. All the Strawhats can fight. How is Yamato doing something that the rest of the crew can already do a point in her favor? Again she has no role

1. Vivi was the focus of the whole arc. Not sure what you're on dude
2/3. All the Strawhats can fight. How is Yamato doing something that the rest of the crew can already do a point in her favor? Again she has no role
1. Yes she was, to introduce how dangerous shichibukai are. And in the end she still didn’t join. She’s a female counterpart of Momo. I seriously didn’t think you’re this dumb to comprehend it
2. She has mythical zoan DF ffs. She has 3 types of haki. Her skills can be used as defensive. When she joins, Zoro can be offensive while Yamato more on defensive. Yamato can protect the weaker crew who doesn’t have haki when the monster trio deal with the stronger enemies. How is Vivi doing something that the rest of the crew can already do in point of her favor? Being a fodder? Pulling pea-COCK strings from her NIPPLES?:luuh:
3. And what role did Vivi have? “Probably”? Be the stripper of the crew?

Zoro- no/short backstory

Alright let's go through them
1. Zoro joined at the start of the series. Yamato is potentially joining at the end. The short flashback is a problem in Yamato's case because it's something we the audience have come to expect
2. Nami didn't invite herself. Luffy was constantly asking her to join his crew throughout Orange Town
3. Usopp was always the crew sniper. Backstory is the same as with Zoro
4. Did you forget Zoro inspiring him to pursue his dreams?
5. Compare any panel of Yamato to this page alone. Tell me which one has more of a character dynamic
6. You're forgetting that Robin was supposed to feel like a mystery character. She had future plotlines set up for her while Yamato just doesn't. And a "useless" role is different from no role.
7. Again, Franky bonded a lot with Usopp and Robin
8. Again, "useless role" is a cope
9. Jimbei's fishman jutsu always gave him a role bro

Very ironic for him to say “did you skip that scene in the tomb” while the same person said “Yamato has read Oden’s journal and is a spoiler”

He clearly skipped the part where Laugh Tale journey pages were torn by Oden.
You misunderstand me. Yamato was spoiled on Elbaf/Lodestar/other islands. Her not knowing the One Piece is just a plot device so that she doesn't tell anyone about that, but she's still spoiled on shit

You misunderstand me. Yamato was spoiled on Elbaf/Lodestar/other islands. Her not knowing the One Piece is just a plot device so that she doesn't tell anyone about that, but she's still spoiled on shit
On which part of the manga is it mentioned that Oden’s journal contains anything about Elbaf/Lodestar/other islands? In your little head?
:mihanha:

1. Yes she was, to introduce how dangerous shichibukai are. And in the end she still didn’t join. She’s a female counterpart of Momo. I seriously didn’t think you’re this dumb to comprehend it
2. She has mythical zoan DF ffs. She has 3 types of haki. Her skills can be used as defensive. When she joins, Zoro can be offensive while Yamato more on defensive. Yamato can protect the weaker crew who doesn’t have haki when the monster trio deal with the stronger enemies. How is Vivi doing something that the rest of the crew can already do in point of her favor? Being a fodder? Pulling pea-COCK strings from her NIPPLES? Be the stripper of the crew?:luuh:
3. And what role did Vivi have? “Probably”?
1. And Momo was the focus on Wano, just like how Vivi was with her arc. What's your point here?
2. Luffy has a mythical zoan. Luffy has 3 types of haki. His skills can be used as defensive.
Yamato offers nothing new to the table. How strong you are doesn't mean anything when all the main characters have plot armor up the ass anyway
3. Unironically diplomat. As seen in Drum Island

On which part of the manga is it mentioned that Oden’s journal contains anything about Elbaf/Lodestar/other islands? In your little head?
:mihanha:
Because Roger was the King of the Pirates and explored the seas for years with Oden?
Do they need to explicitly say where every character has been?

You know what, I take it back. Yamato isn't the most likely Strawhat candidate
Tama's got a better shot than her

1. And Momo was the focus on Wano, just like how Vivi was with her arc. What's your point here?
2. Luffy has a mythical zoan. Luffy has 3 types of haki. His skills can be used as defensive.
Yamato offers nothing new to the table. How strong you are doesn't mean anything when all the main characters have plot armor up the ass anyway
3. Unironically diplomat. As seen in Drum Island
1. Both ain’t joining. They were simply tag alongs. Vivi tagged along, didn’t join, replaced by Robin. Momo tagged along, didn’t join, replaced by Yamato. Simple
2. And that’s why we don’t need more plot armor on fodders. Yet you still haven’t answered “how is Vivi doing something that the rest of the crew can already do in point of her favor”? Oh yeah, she can pull pea-COCK strings out of her NIPPLES
:sanjismug:
3. Only in drum island and it’s because Nami was sick. Robin has done better job replacing Vivi; and Robin can pull spy shit & collecting informations

Because Roger was the King of the Pirates and explored the seas for years with Oden?
Do they need to explicitly say where every character has been?
You still don’t answer my question. You only replied back with more questions.

You know what, I take it back. Yamato isn't the most likely Strawhat candidate
Tama's got a better shot than her

Last edited:
Alright let's go through them
1. Zoro joined at the start of the series. Yamato is potentially joining at the end. The short flashback is a problem in Yamato's case because it's something we the audience have come to expect
2. Nami didn't invite herself. Luffy was constantly asking her to join his crew throughout Orange Town
3. Usopp was always the crew sniper. Backstory is the same as with Zoro
4. Did you forget Zoro inspiring him to pursue his dreams?
5. Compare any panel of Yamato to this page alone. Tell me which one has more of a character dynamic
6. You're forgetting that Robin was supposed to feel like a mystery character. She had future plotlines set up for her while Yamato just doesn't. And a "useless" role is different from no role.
7. Again, Franky bonded a lot with Usopp and Robin
8. Again, "useless role" is a cope
9. Jimbei's fishman jutsu always gave him a role bro

Nami suggested the initial team up
I said relationship with most of the crew, not all (Yamato now has a relationship with all of them btw)
And I know useless role is different from no role. People have said that she can't a a brewer or a log keeper because those are "useless" roles.
Fishman jujustsu user is not a role for Jinbei

As for the rest, you're just explaining why you see them all as exceptions, which is exactly my point. There's to many "exceptions" to call it a rule. Take backstory for instance.

Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Ussop, and Robin had either a short tragic backstory, or didn't have their tragic backstory until long after they joined. You can make up fan rules as to why it's allowed for them but not Yamato all you want, but that's half the crew right there. When 50% of the group in question is an exception to the "rule", you really can't call it a rule at all, and you definitely can't use it for gatekeeping

1. Both ain’t joining. They were simply tag alongs. Vivi tagged along, didn’t join, replaced by Robin. Momo tagged along, didn’t join, replaced by Yamato. Simple
2. And that’s why we don’t need more plot armor on fodders. Yet you still haven’t answered “how is Vivi doing something that the rest of the crew can already do in point of her favor”? Oh yeah, she can pull pea-COCK strings out of her NIPPLES
3. Only in drum island and it’s because Nami was sick. Robin has done better job replacing Vivi; and Robin can pull spy shit & collecting informations
1. Sure, but Vivi's coming back into the story. She's already an honorary member so I'm sure she'll sail with the crew again at least
2. I mean out of all the members, she's the one who has the most ability in manuevering through political and diplomatic situations. She's got a special talent and that's more than I can say about Yamato :luuh:
3. Her desire for diplomacy was a pretty big deal in Alabasta
Besides,

You still don’t answer my question. You only replied back with more questions.
You can answer a question with a question. That's english 101

1. Sure, but Vivi's coming back into the story. She's already an honorary member so I'm sure she'll sail with the crew again at least
2. I mean out of all the members, she's the one who has the most ability in manuevering through political and diplomatic situations. She's got a special talent and that's more than I can say about Yamato :luuh:
3. Her desire for diplomacy was a pretty big deal in Alabasta
Besides,

1. It doesn’t matter. They’re too far from each other, and Cobra is sick so Vivi will most likely replace Cobra
2. Because she is a princess, genius. And how does this answer my question about fighting skill? You’re strawmanning here, dude. Are you that illiterate?
3. Oh, the one where Wapol slapped her? And Drum? Only those? Another thing to remember Vivi doesn’t have any tragic past in her childhood which is a certain condition needed to be a Straw Hat. And for the record nobody was talking about a page of youtube channel. Are you that illiterate 2.0.?

And instead of giving evidence of your argument, you decide to run with tail between your legs. English 101 comes from someone who can’t even write MANEUVER correctly. Go ahead and pull some pea-COCK strings from Vivi’s nipples

Last edited:
Nami suggested the initial team up
Actually it was Luffy

I said relationship with most of the crew, not all (Yamato now has a relationship with all of them btw)
And you don't think the fact Oda didn't think it was important enough to show is a little bit suspicious if she's going to be joining?
And I know useless role is different from no role. People have said that she can't a a brewer or a log keeper because those are "useless" roles.
She's probably not a brewer since she hasn't shown to be able to do that
She can't be a logkeeper cause Nami already keeps a log
Fishman jujustsu user is not a role for Jinbei
His skill as a helmsman is an application of his Fishman Jutsu

As for the rest, you're just explaining why you see them all as exceptions, which is exactly my point. There's to many "exceptions" to call it a rule. Take backstory for instance.
Well let me put it this way: if it was just one thing, it would be fine. But all these different things that just don't fit keep piling up and then they end up painting an unpleasant picture

Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Ussop, and Robin had either a short tragic backstory, or didn't have their tragic backstory until long after they joined. You can make up fan rules as to why it's allowed for them but not Yamato all you want, but that's half the crew right there. When 50% of the group in question is an exception to the "rule", you really can't call it a rule at all, and you definitely can't use it for gatekeeping
Well with Zoro and Usopp, standards change. We hadn't come to expect longer backstories until Arlong Park and that's when it became a pattern. Luffy, Nami, Sanji, and Robin were always hinted to have more to their backstories that we didn't see. But I'm not seeing any hints from Yamato, even though now would be the best time to go into depth with her backstory

Actually it was Luffy

And you don't think the fact Oda didn't think it was important enough to show is a little bit suspicious if she's going to be joining?

She's probably not a brewer since she hasn't shown to be able to do that
She can't be a logkeeper cause Nami already keeps a log

His skill as a helmsman is an application of his Fishman Jutsu

Well let me put it this way: if it was just one thing, it would be fine. But all these different things that just don't fit keep piling up and then they end up painting an unpleasant picture

Well with Zoro and Usopp, standards change. We hadn't come to expect longer backstories until Arlong Park and that's when it became a pattern. Luffy, Nami, Sanji, and Robin were always hinted to have more to their backstories that we didn't see. But I'm not seeing any hints from Yamato, even though now would be the best time to go into depth with her backstory
Dude, I don't need you to explain your headcannon fan rules. My entire point is that all of your arguments rely on classifying at least one strawhat as an exception, which makes it pretty flimsy. You can't fine one single thing wrong about Yamato that wasn't true of another strawhat.

Also that panel of Luffy and Nami is after she proposed the team up while she was on the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.