Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oda can make Luffy like Tama enough to give her his hat only one chapter after meeting her, what was stopping him having Luffy fight for his supposed future crewmate

Franky actually bonded with Robin and Usopp in a meaningful way. Yamato on the other hand hasn't done that with any Strawhat, including Luffy

He also wanted Sanji to join his crew silly. He had been pestering him for a while about it actually

Did you forget the scene where Luffy protected Hiriluk's flag from Wapol?

And just like Yamato that tree didn't join the crew.
You realize you shot your argument in the foot here, right?

Besides it's not as though Luffy doesn't fight for his future crewmates. He does all the time actually

You're forgetting that Luffy isn't the one writing the story here :brootea:

Bro Yamato's and Luffy interactions after he woke up are on the same level as WCI Carrot
And just like Carrot, Yamato isn't joining :blobdj:
Wow, way to completely miss the point. I never said Luffy didn't ask those characters to join the crew. I said he didn't fight for them, which is true. Sure Franky bonded with Robin and Ussop. Can you explain how that translates to Luffy fighting Lucci for his sake? Seriously, try and pay atrention this time. Your responses had nothing to do with my point.

And yes, I'm aware he sometimes fights for new recruits. Nice strawman, but I never said he didn't. You're the one gatekeeping by saying Yamato won't join because he didn't fight for her. I'm just proving that that's not a disqualifier because he didn't fight for half the crew.

Also you're straight up lying or illiterate when you say Yamato hasn't bonded with the other strawhats. Did you skip the last two chapters? She spent an entire week bonding with them. None of the other new recruits spent that much time together.

And yes, I'm aware that Oda is writing the story lol. Your argument was that with the way he wrote his characters, it doesn't make narrative sense for her to join. I explained how it's actually consistent with previous recruits, and your argument is now that the way the characters are written doesn't matter because they don't write the story. You can't make this shit up:gokulaugh:

What makes me doubt Yamato chances the most is how much her character feels detached from the emotional core of the story. Even when Luffy wasn't fighting for those characters you mentioned, their stories were deeply connected to the emotional payoff/climax of the arc in which they joined. Yamato's struggles are never lingered on or given any attention by the narrative. The contrast with Tama is jarring.
The only real exception is Robin, but she got that afterwords in ennies lobby. So unless you believe Yamato will get an emotional character arc in a future arc, you must agree that she doesn't seem to be written as a crew member normally is. The fact that Oda could have had that with luffy knowing about how much Yamato had suffered or with Yamato witnessing Kaido's defeat, but choose not to, feels really dissonant with her then saying she'll join.
Yamato's plot felt much more personally connected to Kaido's defeat than Tama's imo. Tama's situation was the same as most of Wano. Only difference is that Luffy bonded with her. The conclusion of the arc felt a lot more significant for Yamato after her flashback.

Beaides, she hasn't realized her goal yet. Just like the big emotional payoff for Jinbei was not the defeat of Hody, but him giving his blood to Luffy since his dream was to bring humans and fishmen together, Yamato's big emotional payoff will be to finally have Ace's promise fulfilled through Luffy and become free like Oden by setting out to sea. Her arc isn't finished yet. I'm still expecting a big moment with Luffy about Ace and possibly a resolution of her Oden thing.

He and Doc Q I think are like a package deal of sorts.
Still, if Tama was hypothetically involved in the battle, turning Stronger on Doc Q could be a game changer. I mean even disregarding the Tama idea, Chopper's probably gonna need help from someone for that fight. Maybe Bepo?
Another point to consider regarding that: all the other Yonko crews have animals who've more or less been proper members. Chopper exists, Monster is officially an officer on Shanks' crew it seems, and Richie was briefly captain of the Buggy Pirates. Package deal with Doc Q or not, Stronger is probably gonna take people by surprise and be a real powerhouse with his own devil fruit, but I digress.

In any case, Tama's power shouldn't be taken too lightly despite it being very circumstantial. A similar power like Poseidon is considered a world threatening ancient weapon. If Vegapunk's dragon experiments amount to anything and/or the theory about that giant egg are right, Tama could up being a game changer again when she comes back in the final war.

Wow, way to completely miss the point. I never said Luffy didn't ask those characters to join the crew. I said he didn't fight for them, which is true. Sure Franky bonded with Robin and Ussop. Can you explain how that translates to Luffy fighting Lucci for his sake? Seriously, try and pay atrention this time. Your responses had nothing to do with my point.
Luffy not fighting for Yamato is just another piece in my larger point here: Yamato's complete and utter lack of development with Luffy or any of the Strawhats

And yes, I'm aware he sometimes fights for new recruits. Nice strawman, but I never said he didn't. You're the one gatekeeping by saying Yamato won't join because he didn't fight for her. I'm just proving that that's not a disqualifier because he didn't fight for half the crew.
Name one time Luffy fought for a character who wasn't a Strawhat instead of an actual Strawhat in their own arc
That would be like if Luffy fought for Genzo instead of Nami in Arlong Park. Or for Lola instead of Brook in Thriller Bark

Also you're straight up lying or illiterate when you say Yamato hasn't bonded with the other strawhats. Did you skip the last two chapters? She spent an entire week bonding with them. None of the other new recruits spent that much time together.
It got offscreened
You think that's how Oda would handle a Strawhat in their own arc, especially when he goes through the trouble of giving characters like Tama genuinely sweet and wholesome moments with the Strawhats?

And yes, I'm aware that Oda is writing the story lol. Your argument was that with the way he wrote his characters, it doesn't make narrative sense for her to join. I explained how it's actually consistent with previous recruits, and your argument is now that the way the characters are written doesn't matter because they don't write the story. You can't make this shit up:gokulaugh:
Dude it's all about how these things add up
1. Yamato has no meaningful relationship with Luffy or the crew
2. Yamato has no role or special talents that the rest of the crew doesn't already have
3. Yamato hasn't done anything to progress the plot
And so on
If it was just one thing, it'd be fine. But when these issues add up, it creates a situation where there is simply more evidence against Yamato joining than there is in favor of Yamato joining

If only Oda hadn't left the next crew member question officially unresolved before going on a one month break. Top tier troll move.:milaugh:
Oda's taking a break partly because he needs to cool his head and make sure that he makes Yamato refuse to join the crew in such a way that is thematically consistent :kata:

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Like, just admit that you only want Yamato to join because you're a coomer :hihihi:
:cr7:

Yeah way to invalidate all you just said, I'd rather argue with C4N because his point were funny, I'll maintain that. You're just another coper.

And just in case, I'm a Nami simp through and through. The only reason I'm actually arguing for Yamato is that I have basic reading comprehension and I'm not try to find "muh hidden message" oda supposedly left

:mihanha:

Yamato's plot felt much more personally connected to Kaido's defeat than Tama's imo. Tama's situation was the same as most of Wano. Only difference is that Luffy bonded with her. The conclusion of the arc felt a lot more significant for Yamato after her flashback.
I mean
vs
You tell me wihch had more emotion in it

Yamato is the Carrot of Wano
- Both of them were completely irrelevant troughout their arc except for one chapter that their fans use to hype them up
- Both of their characters revolve around a deceased male character
- Both of them are teased to join the crew only to be red herrings cause Oda doesn't care enough about them
The difference is Carrot was never teased to join while Yamato literally asked

Carrot showcased abilities that her side of the alliance was going to use and she became friends with the crew
That doesn't equal to teasing becoming a straw hat

That assumption came from her fans wanting her to join
Post automatically merged:

You keep bringing this up like it means something
Like I said before these are people who can't fight for themselves or tried and failed

Yamato fought and achieved her goal of stalling till Luffy came back and THEN he thanked her for it while performing a combo with her

Wano needs a guardian
1. Kaido said she was the guardian for HIS version of Wano

2. Wano was fine without its "guardian" for centuries before Kaido came along and the likelihood of another Kaido showing up is slim to none

3. They have Samurai from Wano's Golden age who are now going to train younger samurai and restore Wano

4. Denjiro has be stated to be the strongest Samurai in Wano and he displayed strength enough to impress Zoro... I think Wano is fine

5. If the Minks remain in Wano to support the Kozuki, Wano now has an army of people who are natural born Warriors, even the children were taking out beast pirates

The difference is Carrot was never teased to join while Yamato literally asked

Carrot showcased abilities that her side of the alliance was going to use and she became friends with the crew
That doesn't equal to teasing becoming a straw hat
Bro there were tons of people who thought she would be a Strawhat. It was believeable enough during WCI

You keep bringing this up like it means something
Like I said before these are people who can't fight for themselves or tried and failed
1. Pedro didn't fail. He died his own man on his own terms
2. Shut up Yamato was losing that fight

Yamato fought and achieved her goal of stalling till Luffy came back and THEN he thanked her for it while performing a combo with her
Pedro fought and achieved his goal of getting the others out of Big Mom's territory safely. Stop this cope
Post automatically merged:

1. Kaido said she was the guardian for HIS version of Wano

2. Wano was fine without its "guardian" for centuries before Kaido came along and the likelihood of another Kaido showing up is slim to none

3. They have Samurai from Wano's Golden age who are now going to train younger samurai and restore Wano

4. Denjiro has be stated to be the strongest Samurai in Wano and he displayed strength enough to impress Zoro... I think Wano is fine

5. If the Minks remain in Wano to support the Kozuki, Wano now has an army of people who are natural born Warriors, even the children were taking out beast pirates
1. Doesn't change that Yamato has the fruit of Wanos guardian
2. As soon as Oden left, Wano got fucked over without someone to protect it. So if Yamato, the new Oden, leaves Wano, wouldn't she be dooming it to that same fate again?
3. Let's say Greenbull decided to come back after the alliance had left, but this time he had orders to take Wano. You think the samurai could stop him?
4. Read above
5. Read above

Last edited:
Bro there were tons of people who thought she would be a Strawhat. It was believeable enough during
Group consensus doesn't mean confirmation, only speculation, she showed off an ability that was only talked about until that point, a general rule of story telling is "show dont tell"

1. Pedro didn't fail. He died his own man on his own terms
2. Shut up Yamato was losing that fight
Exactly Pedro cant fight the good fight for his people and he sacrificed himself for Luffy and crew to escape

Yeah she was losing, she wasn't meant to win
She even stated before the fight started that she knows she can't win and she only needs to stall till Luffy gets back
And then proceeded to combo Kaido

1. Doesn't change that Yamato has the fruit of Wanos guardian
2. As soon as Oden left, Wano got fucked over without someone to protect it. So if Yamato, the new Oden, leaves Wano, wouldn't she be dooming it to that same fate again?
3. Let's say Greenbull decided to come back after the alliance had left, but this time he had orders to take Wano. You think the samurai could stop him?
4. Read above
5. Read above
Its like you can't read

No one other than Kaido has ever mentioned this guardian. Kaido wanted it to be his guardian, its not mentioned to be Wano's guardian by anyone in wano

Wano was fucked by Kaido... and again there will be no other Kaido coming along

We aren't dealing in what ifs, only facts
And the fact of the matter is Wano has been saved and Greenbull is targeting Luffy, the world government has been ordered to pull out of the invasion since the borders are still closed

Once Luffy leaves Wano the country is no longer under threat by an invader, not to mention Greenbull is inadvertently restoring Wano's wastelands and removing the remaining beast pirates

Doing more good for the country than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.