Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My main argument is this one:

There was a way to do whole cake WITHOUT Carrot and without hours of drawing. Oda choosed the opposite and choose to show us Carrot again.. and again.. and again.. in a very special position where NO non strawhat ever was at this scale.

The conclusion is right under your nose: Carrot is destined to be a look out. Good or bad, I don't care, she was, is and WILL BE a lookout. (and more precisely, a sentry)
1. Naito was the editor back then and he pushed his Carrot fetish agenda to Oda
2. Usopp wasn’t there during WCI

No, I'm just doing that in order for you guys not to be too surprised by the endgame of Wano. I just don't want anyone to get revenge on Carrot or Carrot's fans just because Yamato didn't join.
Revenge? Lmao Carrot nor Carrot fans are not that relevant for Yamato fans to have revenge on. We all know how Carrot fans on twitter hate Yamato to the bones:kobeha:

The point still stands: you’re a terrible design student. Maybe you got dropped out immediately during first semester looking at your layout.
:okay:

So in context, everybody was also lookout since they were looking at the fleet…
No, you can't see the horizon on the deck of the Sunny (at list not clearly), that's why you need an actual lookout.

But she wasn’t doing a lookout job there. It’s a fact you can’t deny.
She was crying but still at the post. It doesn't matter.

If you say that she’s the lookout, then tell us why it wasn’t Carrot who did the lookout job before entering Onigashima, but Usopp?
Usopp did a sniping job, not a lookout. There was no need for a lookout in Onigashima. Usopp just SNIPPED.

And since you said that Yamato won’t join, do you have anybody in your mind that will join? Besides Carrot, of course
No, it's either Carrot or Yamato, or Both. Momo is now out of the question and I don't think Tama will ask the same thing Momo did to Shinobu.. so she will stay a child and I'm afraid that it will not be enough.. even if Nami wants to take care of her.

1. Naito was the editor back then and he pushed his Carrot fetish agenda to Oda
Headcanon.

Revenge? Lmao Carrot nor Carrot fans are not that relevant for Yamato fans to have revenge on. We all know how Carrot fans on twitter hate Yamato to the bones:kobeha:
You would be surprised to know most Carrot fan love Yamato. There are exception of course but they like the character. I can't say the same on the other side.
Post automatically merged:

Toxicity can be a good thing. For example Reiju finds it delicious.
noice :myman:

Usopp did a sniping job, not a lookout. There was no need for a lookout in Onigashima. Usopp just SNIPPED.
Well he sniped after he saw the guards on the gates. You said that she’s the sentry, so Oda should draw her job being a sentry and take out the guards of Onigashima gate, right? But Oda didn’t. Why though?

No, it's either Carrot or Yamato, or Both. Momo is now out of the question and I don't think Tama will ask the same thing Momo did to Shinobu.. so she will stay a child and I'm afraid that it will not be enough.. even if Nami wants to take care of her.
If Yamato doesn’t join, do you suggest that Carrot will be the last crew member? Or there will be others?

Well he sniped after he saw the guards on the gates. You said that she’s the sentry, so Oda should draw her job being a sentry and take out the guards of Onigashima gate, right? But Oda didn’t. Why though?
Oda already depicted Carrot's moment, there was no need to do more here. Like I've said many time, Wano is not Carrot's story, Carrot shining here would just feel waky.

If Yamato doesn’t join, do you suggest that Carrot will be the last crew member? Or there will be others?
Until the very last transition between the Wano arc and the rest, I'll think that Carrot is the one who will join. If she is not on the ship after that, she won't.. simple. But yeah.. Oda could introduce a very new character.. but it's quite unlikely now.

Reality sucks I know. Man literally wanted to fuck this character, you really think he didn't abuse a bit of his power? The only part about Carrot he probably had nothing to do with was the Sulong bit (only thing of significance she did btw), as that was a tease for what we got in Wano.
No, there are things in the story that don't lie. The way Carrot is presented, the way she was shining out of the mink tribe while not being really on the Zou arc, the way she was introduced.. TWICE.. the way she interacted with the strawhat..

No. The story don't lie, editors had nothing to do with it. It was Oda.

My main argument is this one:

There was a way to do whole cake WITHOUT Carrot and without hours of drawing. Oda choosed the opposite and choose to show us Carrot again.. and again.. and again.. in a very special position where NO non strawhat ever was at this scale.

The conclusion is right under your nose: Carrot is destined to be a look out. Good or bad, I don't care, she was, is and WILL BE a lookout. (and more precisely, a sentry)

No, I'm just doing that in order for you guys not to be too surprised by the endgame of Wano. I just don't want anyone to get revenge on Carrot or Carrot's fans just because Yamato didn't join.
Nope, you are just over blowing Carrots relevancy.

Here's the thing though: Yamato only wants to join Luffy because Oden joined Roger. She believes what Ace told her about Luffy becoming the Pirate King, and so she sees Luffy as the next Roger.

Don't believe me? EVERY time Yamato has brought up wanting to join Luffy, she always finds a way to bring Oden into it

When she meets Luffy and announces she'll join, she says that "as Kozuki Oden" then Luffy is obligated to have her join. When fighting Kaido, she repeatedly states that she is Oden as she says she's going to sail with Luffy. When meeting the crew, she introduces herself as Kozuki Oden.

Yamato's desire to join the crew is inherently linked to her desire to be Oden. And no, she doesn't simply idolize Oden; she wants to be him.

Joining Luffy would not be following her own path. She'd simply be following the footsteps of Oden. And quite frankly I don't think that's going to happen, especially given what's happening with Aramaki. Yamato choosing to stay in Wano would show her deviating from the path of Oden, and forming her own path.
She wanted to go out to sea being inspired by Oden, and hearing Luffy say the same as Roger made her want to meet him

She originally wanted to join Ace but when he died she waited for Luffy and because she beliees he is the next Pirate Kings is why she is so adament about it joining him

regardless of how you word it she looks up to Oden to the poin of wanting to join the next pirate king and leave Wano

This is a huge reach. Yes she got a little focus here and there, but that was because there was just two of them. You are heavy exaggerating this.
She got THE focus. Everything count in the story. Note that Oda wanted Carrot to be cheerful from the first moment he created her. That's not what he depicted first. That's why Carrot had TWO introduction.

Oda wanted to be clear with that character that she had multiple facette to her personnality.

Oda already depicted Carrot's moment, there was no need to do more here. Like I've said many time, Wano is not Carrot's story, Carrot shining here would just feel waky.
But Oda has never shown any crew replacing other crew’s job if the other crew is present, whether it’s their story or not. Nami cooked because Sanji wasn’t there. She was also the doctor before Chopper joined, but since then the doctor role has been always Chopper’s. Usopp was the unofficial shipwright before Franky joins.

If Oda hadn’t showed Carrot’s supposed role just because “Wano is not her story”, then Oda has clearly been doing a terrible job to show her relevance, especially since you believe that she will join post Wano.

:kayneshrug:

Until the very last transition between the Wano arc and the rest, I'll think that Carrot is the one who will join. If she is not on the ship after that, she won't.. simple. But yeah.. Oda could introduce a very new character.. but it's quite unlikely now.
Let’s say that neither joins, will Jinbe be the last or there is another? What about Vivi? Oda could just introduce her back to the story though especially since she’s being mentioned in the latest chapter

She wanted to go out to sea being inspired by Oden, and hearing Luffy say the same as Roger made her want to meet him

She originally wanted to join Ace but when he died she waited for Luffy and because she beliees he is the next Pirate Kings is why she is so adament about it joining him

regardless of how you word it she looks up to Oden to the poin of wanting to join the next pirate king and leave Wano
I guess they didn't Read Road to Laughtale Vol.3 with Yamato trying to leave Wano before meeting Oden 🤧

Status
Not open for further replies.