Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Oda has never shown any crew replacing other crew’s job if the other crew is present, whether it’s their story or not. Nami cooked because Sanji wasn’t there. She was also the doctor before Chopper joined, but since then the doctor role has been always Chopper’s. Usopp was the unofficial shipwright before Franky joins.

If Oda hadn’t showed Carrot’s supposed role just because “Wano is not her story”, then Oda has clearly been doing a terrible job to show her relevance, especially since you believe that she will join post Wano.
Because you are still thinking that what Usopp did was a lookout job. It was not, he only snipped. NOthing less, nothing more. So there is no tangibility to this argument. He didn't replace Carrot.

then Oda has clearly been doing a terrible job to show her relevance
No, he is doing the perfect thing in fact. I won't be surprised if Carrot joins, but you will ALL be.

Let’s say that neither joins, will Jinbe be the last or there is another? What about Vivi?
Vivi would be indeed the best pick if noone join.

THe thing is.. Oda played too much with the "Nakama card" and the I wanna join your crew" and the "we will have a new crew member".. Now.. SOmeone WILL join, it's a certainty.

So he had no clear path for a side character is what you're telling me?
NO I said that he knew from the beginning that Carrot would be the lookout of the crew, that she would sneak on the Sunny, that she would have a moment, that Pedro would die.. Etc.

In fact, I bet he also knew from the beginning that Carrot would try to get revenge on Wano only to be smacked down by Perospero.

Oda knows his characters.

NO I said that he knew from the beginning that Carrot would be the lookout of the crew, that she would sneak on the Sunny, that she would have a moment, that Pedro would die.. Etc.
The "lookout of the crew" failed to avenge her master, and do anything else. Explain that. :pepecafe:

In fact, I bet he also knew from the beginning that Carrot would try to get revenge on Wano only to be smacked down by Perospero.
Because that's Oda writes a upcoming SH :suresure:

Oda knows his characters.
His side characters.
:kata:

Because you are still thinking that what Usopp did was a lookout job. It was not, he only snipped. NOthing less, nothing more. So there is no tangibility to this argument. He didn't replace Carrot.

The binoculars on Usopp’s hand says otherwise. Usopp did a lookout BEFORE he snipes the guards asleep. Are you suggesting that Usopp blindly snipes without knowing what is the target?

Oda could’ve drawn Carrot doing the job, then she tells the crew only then Usopp snipes the target. But Oda didn’t.
:kayneshrug:

No, he is doing the perfect thing in fact. I won't be surprised if Carrot joins, but you will ALL be.
A reminder that Carrot is nowhere to be seen after a month break. What was the last thing she said? “Yes”?

Vivi would be indeed the best pick if noone join.

THe thing is.. Oda played too much with the "Nakama card" and the I wanna join your crew" and the "we will have a new crew member".. Now.. SOmeone WILL join, it's a certainty.
But Vivi has no role, so how come she joins?
:choppawhat:

The "lookout of the crew" failed to avenge her master, and do anything else. Explain that
She needed to lose.

Because that's Oda writes a upcoming SH
No, that's ho he builds a character.
Post automatically merged:

The binoculrs on Usopp’s hand says otherwise. Usopp did a lookout BEFORE he snipes the guards asleep. Are you suggesting that Usopp blindly snipes without knowing the what is the target?
That's the job of the sniper. To look out. That's why I think Carrot and Usopp would be very complementary.

Oda could’ve drawn Carrot doing the job, then she tells the crew only then Usopp snipes the target. But Oda didn’t.
NO, it would have felt weird

But Vivi has no role, so how come she joins?
She would not join the crew, she would only be there as an ally. But it's very unlikely.

That's the job of the sniper. To look out. That's why I think Carrot and Usopp would be very complementary.
But before you said “he only sniped. Nothing more, nothing less.” Means that he only sniped, and he didn’t do the look out. But here you said the job of sniper is to look out.

So he looks out or not?

NO, it would have felt weird
Um, in previous paragraph you said: “That’s why I think Carrot and Usopp would be very complementary”

But here you say that it would have felt weird if Carrot does the look out job only for Usopp to snipe the target later. If they would be very complementary then it wouldn’t have been weird for Oda to draw the complementary, right?
:kaidowhat:

She would not join the crew, she would only be there as an ally. But it's very unlikely.
So you clearly say here that Vivi wouldn’t join the crew again. Couldn’t agree more
:cheers:

She needed to lose and never redeem herself? :sanmoji:
This will happen later.

But before you said “he only sniped. Nothing more, nothing less.” Means that he only sniped, and he didn’t do the look out. But here you said the job of sniper is to look out.

So he looks out or not?
Yeah like a Sniper does, you really love to play with words do you ?

Um, in previous paragraph you said: “That’s why I think Carrot and Usopp would be very complementary”

But here you say that it would have felt weird if Carrot does the look out job only for Usopp to snipe the target later. If they would be very complementary then it wouldn’t have been weird for Oda to draw the complementary, right?
You need to take the context of the story. Carrot shining on this particular moment without setup, when she was absent from the majority of the arc would be bad writing.

So you clearly say here that Vivi wouldn’t join the crew again. Couldn’t agree more
Yup, I don't think Vivi will join.

@CarrotForNakama , let me get this straight, you're saying that if Carrot joined the crew, she would play the scout role while Usopp would be the Sniper. Correct Me if I'm wrong.
More precisely she would be a sentry:

The mix of a Look-out + Sentinel/recon

Carrot has always been double sided, that's why 888 is focusing first on her lookout ability to move after that on her sentinel ability.

So Usopp has the potential to spot ennemy, but carrot has the potential to spot ships from a distance.
When Usopp will be snipping, Carrot will be more on the target.

That's if Oda does something about the Sulong incapacity.

I explained that "role" here

More precisely she would be a sentry:

The mix of a Look-out + Sentinel/recon

Carrot has always been double sided, that's why 888 is focusing first on her lookout ability to move after that on her sentinel ability.

So Usopp has the potential to spot ennemy, but carrot has the potential to spot ships from a distance.
When Usopp will be snipping, Carrot will be more on the target.

That's if Oda does something about the Sulong incapacity.

I explained that "role" here
:bamathink:
Wouldn't it be easier for Usopp to have a better command of the CoO than to have someone else's help?
Wouldn't Look-Out/Sentinel be a rather useless role in the crew?

Wouldn't it be easier for Usopp to have a better command of the CoO than to have someone else's help?
The role of the look out is to be the ship's eyes. Usopp with his ability can only see auras not ships. So in the case of a incoming pinch like we saw on whole cake, Usopp would only be able to see ennemies.. Carrot on the other end can see ship and how they are placed and see if there is something that she can do to open the road. That's exactly why, Carrot didn't destroyed the ennemies on 888, but the ships.

It amazes me that some people STILL can't see the writing on the wall. Copium is one hell of a drug.

Subversive affirmation. I know you don't like that word but their is a difference in term of writing between someone saying:

"I want to join your crew" and "I'm going to join you"

One is a request done nicely, the other is a subversive affirmation.

I talked about subversive affirmations here

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Its insane caribou isnt in the poll
Post automatically merged:

@CarrotForNakama Explain this???

Luffy already got his final subordinate, both caribou and luffy accepted it, Learn to read guys, its over

Luffy owes him still, they wont be enough food from wano because of the 2 festivals in a row

You are overdosing on copium

Status
Not open for further replies.