Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the chances are veery low but the incident that went down might make her think momo needs more help

if you use reverse psychology on momm's words that's basically what you get

the chances are very very low tho
I can see the logic there, and in any other manga you would have a point, but a consistant theme in One Piece is letting your friends go free to follow their dreams even though it's bad for you. Yamato dreaming of going out to sea with Luffy but staying behind because Momo can't protect himself and she feels like she has to stay out of duty goes completely against the overall message of One Piece.

Never forget guys. If freedom is indeed Yamato's dream. It's doesn't mean it must be achieved on the sea necessarily. The sea was Yamato's goal because of the model of Oden and constructed in contradiction to Kaido's goal to make them the Shogun.

But Yamato still has room to really apply freedom with a big F. By choosing to stay, on their term to protect Momo but also Wano, Yamato would achieve REAL freedom.

After all, their is no bigger freedom than to be able to choose your own path with your own rules.

Never forget guys. If freedom is indeed Yamato's dream. It's doesn't mean it must be achieved on the sea necessarily. The sea was Yamato's goal because of the model of Oden and constructed in contradiction to Kaido's goal to make them the Shogun.

But Yamato still has room to really apply freedom with a big F. By choosing to stay, on their term to protect Momo but also Wano, Yamato would achieve REAL freedom.

After all, their is no bigger freedom than to be able to choose your own path with your own rules.
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

True true. That'd be a nice bit of nuance on the theme of freedom

AL sama

Red Haired
I can see the logic there, and in any other manga you would have a point, but a consistant theme in One Piece is letting your friends go free to follow their dreams even though it's bad for you. Yamato dreaming of going out to sea with Luffy but staying behind because Momo can't protect himself and she feels like she has to stay out of duty goes completely against the overall message of One Piece.
I could argue that it happened with vivi but lets see

Vivi didn't just stay out of duty though. She was split between her people and the strawhats. I believe the phrasing she used was that she couldn't leave because her heart was with her people. It was what she wanted to stay behind. Yamato has only ever said she wants to leave Wano.
Yamato also cares for Momo a great deal going so far as to say she’d be willing to die for him.

AL sama

Red Haired
Vivi didn't just stay out of duty though. She was split between her people and the strawhats. I believe the phrasing she used was that she couldn't leave because her heart was with her people. It was what she wanted to stay behind. Yamato has only ever said she wants to leave Wano.
another way to see it is that she was split between homesickness and desire

I get what you're saying tho

Status
Not open for further replies.