Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read chapters 1056 and 1057, Oda's interpretation of "inherited will" in Yamato and Carrot's cases make complete sense. Firstly, Yamato's case of deciding to "protect Wano." Oden already sailed with Roger, so carrying on that will is not sailing with the Straw Hats, but doing what Oden would have done after his death: protecting Wano and opening its borders. There's nothing that prohibits Yamato from going out to sea later, but to sail with the Straw Hats wouldn't be continuing Oden's will, it would just be recycling it.

And this idea isn't novel, there are examples of this approach to inherited will throughout the series:

- When Roger found the secrets of the world in Laugh Tale, he was "too early." It's Luffy's ultimate goal to accomplish what Roger could not.

- Jimbei wants to do what Fisher Tiger could not: achieve true equality between fishmen and humans.

- Zoro seeks to become the strongest swordsmen after Kuina died. The list goes on.

Using that same train of thought, it makes complete sense that Carrot would venture out to sea with the Straw Hats. Pedro already protected Zou, and wanted to sail out to sea, so carrying on that will is not staying in Zou. Instead, it's sailing out to sea with the crew destined to bring the Dawn of the World, as Pedro dreamed.

Oda's definition of "inherited will" is furthering and carrying on the will of another person, not repeating it. To me, that's a lot more satisfying as an idea than any kind of preset destiny, and I think it's good that Yamato (and Oda) see it that way.

L

Little Cahokia

The way I read chapters 1056 and 1057, Oda's interpretation of "inherited will" in Yamato and Carrot's cases make complete sense. Firstly, Yamato's case of deciding to "protect Wano." Oden already sailed with Roger, so carrying on that will is not sailing with the Straw Hats, but doing what Oden would have done after his death: protecting Wano and opening its borders. There's nothing that prohibits Yamato from going out to sea later, but to sail with the Straw Hats wouldn't be continuing Oden's will, it would just be recycling it.

And this idea isn't novel, there are examples of this approach to inherited will throughout the series:

- When Roger found the secrets of the world in Laugh Tale, he was "too early." It's Luffy's ultimate goal to accomplish what Roger could not.

- Jimbei wants to do what Fisher Tiger could not: achieve true equality between fishmen and humans.

- Zoro seeks to become the strongest swordsmen after Kuina died. The list goes on.

Using that same train of thought, it makes complete sense that Carrot would venture out to sea with the Straw Hats. Pedro already protected Zou, and wanted to sail out to sea, so carrying on that will is not staying in Zou. Instead, it's sailing out to sea with the crew destined to bring the Dawn of the World, as Pedro dreamed.

Oda's definition of "inherited will" is furthering and carrying on the will of another person, not repeating it. To me, that's a lot more satisfying as an idea than any kind of preset destiny, and I think it's good that Yamato (and Oda) see it that way.
I guess that framing 'kinda' makes sense.:kriwhat:

J

Joygirl1

To sail with the strawhats would be kinda continuing Ace´s will though for Yamato.

Carrot now joining would be a joke after giving her almost zero moments and no importance over the whole Wano arc! If Oda planned for her to join it should have happened after Whole Cake Island. Now it would just feel wrong and out of nowhere.

At this point I´d rather have nobody join anymore because I´m also not fond of somebody joining AFTER reaching Laugh Tale. Laugh Tale was always planned out as the goal of the whole journey and it would just feel so damn wrong if someone joins the crew afterwards only for taking part in the final war. I mean, this is more what the grand fleet is for. It feels so late for a new crew member to join as there will only be few arcs before Laugh Tale and it´s already the beginning of the final saga.
If Oda really planned out for the strawhats to gather more members he shouldn´t have let the time gap between Brook and Jimbei become so huge. Seems to me that he was not convinced if he can handle so many nakamas as they became too much to give everyone of them proper fight opponents, so it´s kinda pointless to add more and more just for them to be there when he has no clue what to do with them. I also don´t see how Caribou or Tama (:suresure:) should be integrated or how they should be involved into fights, I don´t see it.

Can´t we simply say that the final crew member was the Klabauterman / Going Merry all the way?

To sail with the strawhats would be kinda continuing Ace´s will though for Yamato.

Carrot now joining would be a joke after giving her almost zero moments and no importance over the whole Wano arc! If Oda planned for her to join it should have happened after Whole Cake Island. Now it would just feel wrong and out of nowhere.

At this point I´d rather have nobody join anymore because I´m also not fond of somebody joining AFTER reaching Laugh Tale. Laugh Tale was always planned out as the goal of the whole journey and it would just feel so damn wrong if someone joins the crew afterwards only for taking part in the final war. I mean, this is more what the grand fleet is for. It feels so late for a new crew member to join as there will only be few arcs before Laugh Tale and it´s already the beginning of the final saga.
If Oda really planned out for the strawhats to gather more members he shouldn´t have let the time gap between Brook and Jimbei become so huge. Seems to me that he was not convinced if he can handle so many nakamas as they became too much to give everyone of them proper fight opponents, so it´s kinda pointless to add more and more just for them to be there when he has no clue what to do with them. I also don´t see how Caribou or Tama (:suresure:) should be integrated or how they should be involved into fights, I don´t see it.

Can´t we simply say that the final crew member was the Klabauterman / Going Merry all the way?
Continuing Ace's will fits Tama way more than Yamato. Yamato only knew Ace for one night while Tama formed a bond over weeks. Tama was also the one who Ace promised to join his crew while he never made such promise with Yamato.
:kuzanshut:
As for how she should be integrated into the fights, she already has. Similar to how Franky and Robin's fight in thriller bark was against the spider zombie and they had to be saved by brook who then fed the zombies salt, so did Nami and Ussop had to be saved by Tama, who then fed the gifters kibi-dango.
When you re-watch or re-read that fight through the lens of Oda trying to develop a bond between a future strawhat with her crewmates, everything starts to make a lot more sense.
:smart:
Not even joking, every beat starts to make sense, Komachiyo even gave them the mobility Ussop and Nami needed in order to face two ancient zoans given their fighting styles.

Last edited:
Kin'emon, Momonosuke and Yamato are now locked in to join at a later date. We can now assume Vivi can offically join later based off the news about her father. The Strawhats would have Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Vivi, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jinbe, Kin'emon, Momonosuke and Yamato.

By using the logic of there being no repeating letters of the alphabet at the start of the crew's first names, you could rationalise who will be next to join the crew. With the letters, B, C, F, J, K, L, M, N, R, S, U, V, Y and Z taken, this would leave A, D, E, G, H, I, O, P, Q, T, W and X remaining. With this being the Final Saga of One Piece the map to figuring who these letters symbolise can be deducted from the remaining plot points.

• A. Arbel has been waiting for Joy Boy. I Imagine he'll want to join to avenge the Lunarians.
  • D. With Kin taking the K spot. Koby can no longer join as the "Marine". Drake joining would fulfil the debt he owes to Luffy.
  • E. Enel. He's probably related to Uranus somehow.
  • G. Sanji fed Gin when he was hungry once. Also possible tenth titanic captain of the BB pirates.
  • H. When Luffy and crew overthrow the Celestial Dragons, I'd guess Hancock would want to join at this point in the story. Maybe she'll join sooner due to Cross Guild.
  • I. We all want Bon Clay in the crew. However Ivankov starts with I and can join. Bon Clay would then replace Ivankov as Queen of Kamabakka Kingdom just like Carrot replaced Inu and Neko.
  • O. Oars III or Onimaru seem like reasonable additions.
  • P. Perona will most likely be involved with the Blackbeard arc since it involves Moria. She also knows Zoro and also has duality with Brook who can also turn into a ghost.
  • Q and X. Q only has Doc Q and Queen. X only has Rocks D. Xebec as options to fill these letters.
  • T. Tama could join. Maybe she'll force her ninja master to turn her into an adult like Momo.
  • W. Wyper may have something to do with Uranus. Also has a possible connection to Arbel.
Boa Hancock, Perona and maybe Ivankov will be the next Straw Hats. These three characters were all companions of our "Monster Trio" during the two year training.

The flood gates opened up for Perona and Hancock to join when Luffy's Gomu (56) fruit was revealed as the Nika (29) fruit. Before the Nika reveal the only remaining numbers left in the Devil Fruit names of the crew were 2 and 9. Kuma's fruit, the Nikyu fruit was the best fit to fill the 2 and 9 slots. Now 2 and 9 are filled by Nika's fruit, which leaves 5 and 6 back in the possible pool of fruit users to join next. I believe since Devil fruits have the word "devil" the "6" fruit will allow the crew three "6" fruits in the crew. I just realised this but, "ZoRo RoRonoa" actually has three sixes, Zo6 66noa. This is suspicious, because by now we all have come to realise Roronoa is not Zoro's actual surname, The three swords. the three sixes and Zoro's Asura form are all related somehow...

Well anyway, the best options to fill the three sixes fruits are the Goro, Mero and Horo fruits. All three have "6" while I think Perona and Hancock make sense to join with fruit. The Goro fruit "56" however, is in Enel's possesion. Maybe Blackbeard will steal Enel's fruit, or Enel will just die. If anyone were to eat the Goro fruit I think it should be "God" Usopp or Nami.

Right now I'd say Hancock has a 90% chance of joining, Perona with 80%, Ivankov with 30%, Enel with 5% and Enel's fruit with 99%.

Status
Not open for further replies.